Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    With the temps on the horizon, I have 0 doubt that they will have a t2b opening.

It is cold enough for them to blow snow at the base.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    It is cold enough for them to blow snow at the base.
    U beat me to it. Welcome sight.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    U beat me to it. Welcome sight.
    For sure. TtoB next week and I only have one week to get back in shape.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

It's definitely an encouraging sign. Temps next week look prime, so I would expect t2b for sure.

Sunday River and Killington are skiing t2b. Some of the pics and webcams look pretty good. Gets one itchy for turns. For several reasons, there is a certain amount of envy watching the K1 gondola running on their webcam.

Aside from tomorrow, the temps look great for snowmaking in the coming week.

Hiked up to the top of north Lynx this morning. Nice up there. Cold windy and snowing. About 3-4" otg above 2200'. I'm ready to make some turns.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You went all the way up there and didn't go skiing? What's wrong with you? LOL

Sunday river had 2 lifts and 3 top to bottom runs on about 7 trails as best as I can tell. Conditions were great and my legs are crushed. A true show of fire power. They were running 3 loops with 6 total trails going at once. They will have 20 trails open by next weekend. Amazing.

See you at Sugarbush Next weekend?
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    You went all the way up there and didn't go skiing? What's wrong with you? LOL

Sunday river had 2 lifts and 3 top to bottom runs on about 7 trails as best as I can tell. Conditions were great and my legs are crushed. A true show of fire power. They were running 3 loops with 6 total trails going at once. They will have 20 trails open by next weekend. Amazing.

See you at Sugarbush Next weekend?
    I had other things to take care of up there, which I can tell you about next weekend.

Weather

Quote Originally Posted by Orca View Post
    Sunday River and Killington are skiing t2b. Some of the pics and webcams look pretty good. Gets one itchy for turns. For several reasons, there is a certain amount of envy watching the K1 gondola running on their webcam.

Aside from tomorrow, the temps look great for snowmaking in the coming week.
    http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...9#.VGso5cn1a2U

Looks good. Cold Temps and elevation snow for the next couple of days. I hope they get a good base down as next week looks warm.

Yep, highs in the upper 40s on Monday with a potential of rain. NTL this week looks like some good snow up high. My guess is some pretty good early season skiing can be had up top on Thursday especially after the wind drifts it around on Wed night.

You still in ME AHM? I didn't see you this last weekend. Good to be on snow. Thinking about a little skin this weekend in VT. Rumor has it that by the weekend there should be some good upslope piling up above 3000'.

Yep, still in ME. I did ski last week on Thurs, but needed to do other stuff on the weekend to prep for what is going to be a long winter with a lot of skiing and Avi course teaching (8 courses this winter overall in NH, CO and Chic Chocs). I think the skins are the ticket in VT for the weekend. You know where to go so it should be pretty good. More later.

Any idea of terrain offering this weekend?