Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    Where are all the 350 new snow guns? Every picture they have publicized show the old Ratnick "blue" guns. I have a feeling the new guns are not very good at marginal temps.... Where are all the SR-7's? Only Jester has been lit up? Plodding their way to the 22nd. At least expectations are set, hopefully they are met.
    The ratnicks are the large brown tower guns although i think there are exceptions.

OG and Spring fling were new last year.

Last year, new towers were put up on OG, Spring Fling, and Steins.
    For this season, at LP, new towers on Snowball, Lower Snowball (I think, haven't been that way yet), Racer's, Downspout, Ripcord down to Paradise Ext, Slowpoke, and I think Lower OG.
    At ME, new towers on Elbow, Cruiser, Which Way, Northstar, and I think, some of Rim Run.

Towers don't work well on trails with lift towers in the middle. That's why Lower Ripcord didn't get them (since the HG liftline follows the middle of the trail down low), neither did Hot Shot or Birdland. Not sure about Murphy's - haven't ventured down there yet, but IIRC it had some older towers. So the older, but reliable (and less efficient) "land guns" will remain in place on trails like Jester, Coffee Run, Lower Downspout, VH Traverse, and the aforementioned 'lift line" trails.

Ok Shady.....so Crank em up! Temps dropping soon. You guys hit it hard and we will see you next week. Good luck.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

SR-7s also throw the snow much farther on a wide trail like Ripcord. I'm sure it will be another combo effort.

Looks like temps will be good at elevation starting tonight and for the next couple days. I'm coming up Sunday to hit K-Mart.

Jester is fired up.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    That would be my crew's handiwork. Not just Jester and Allyns, but also Downspout halfway down to Heaven's Gate. Temps didn't get too low last night, but we do have some really good temps forecasted for the next week.

What's it doing up there? Looks like some pretty decent snow on the radar.

Snowing
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
    Snowing
    Epic.

Gotta start somewhere.

When will the guns come down to the base?

when the temps are marginal enough for the new snow guns. My guess is Monday!

Heard from another crew that they have begun working below HG. Still a lot of ground to cover between now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay View Post
    Heard from another crew that they have begun working below HG. Still a lot of ground to cover between now and then.
    Any early impressions of the new guns and infrastructure improvements?