Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sounds like a mid mtn lodge in the area of gatehouse, Slidebrook and north Lynx. That would be great. Don't expect that for years.

Quote Originally Posted by sglatham View Post
    Good info. Hope the lift work pays off! I am sure the new guns will.

With regard to Gadd Brook. The original base plans show that Building E would require a relocation of the Village Double. So my guess is it will be building B.
    Do u have a link to those plans? What I looked at, didn't appear to have anything on the same elevation as rice brook.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Do u have a link to those plans? What I looked at, didn't appear to have anything on the same elevation as rice brook.
    I also believe that the next new building (Gadd Brook) will be lower than Rice Brook, but the plans did suggest nice views towards the mountain. If I recall, the future building(s) after Gadd Brook will be on the 'other' side of what is now the culvert ... so that opening that up creates a more attractive natural/physical feature. Perhaps this isn't accomplished until those future plans are enacted. Gadd Brook will offer an add'l 15 units, with emphasis on the 3 and 4 BR, rather than the 2BR (one of which is the sole remaining unit available in Rice Brook).

The EB-5 takeaway that I left with is that the remaining investors (30 each @ $500,000) will receive their money back IF/when the full LP Village plan is completed. But, good to know that 25% of original 40 have been reimbursed. Not sure why/who gets paid first, in full, rather than split over time in equal increments. Not my business, but things do indeed seem to be progressing as intended. Seems more sound and manageable than the crazy numbers Jay is struggling with.

Other misc. info...one more new grooming machine added; emphasis on increasing mid-week skier/rider traffic on and off slopes; 1,000 Boomer passes already sold; I think name of new coffee provider from White River Junction is Mountain Grove. New beginner/intermediate mt. bike trails planned for next year. And, some of the current mt. bike trails are supposed to show up on our winter trail map this coming season.

Plenty to be excited about!!

I just glanced at the rendering. I am not sure of the exact position. I thought it was up high and on the other side of the brook. The renderings are not on line. If you can find them post them.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by pinnoke View Post
    I also believe that the next new building (Gadd Brook) will be lower than Rice Brook, but the plans did suggest nice views towards the mountain. If I recall, the future building(s) after Gadd Brook will be on the 'other' side of what is now the culvert ... so that opening that up creates a more attractive natural/physical feature. Perhaps this isn't accomplished until those future plans are enacted. Gadd Brook will offer an add'l 15 units, with emphasis on the 3 and 4 BR, rather than the 2BR (one of which is the sole remaining unit available in Rice Brook).

The EB-5 takeaway that I left with is that the remaining investors (30 each @ $500,000) will receive their money back IF/when the full LP Village plan is completed. But, good to know that 25% of original 40 have been reimbursed. Not sure why/who gets paid first, in full, rather than split over time in equal increments. Not my business, but things do indeed seem to be progressing as intended. Seems more sound and manageable than the crazy numbers Jay is struggling with.

Other misc. info...one more new grooming machine added; emphasis on increasing mid-week skier/rider traffic on and off slopes; 1,000 Boomer passes already sold; I think name of new coffee provider from White River Junction is Mountain Grove. New beginner/intermediate mt. bike trails planned for next year. And, some of the current mt. bike trails are supposed to show up on our winter trail map this coming season.

Plenty to be excited about!!
    I think the beginner mtn bike trails are huge. They are just what is needed to take the sport from a niche to more mainstream. As an anology, how popular would skiing be if all the trails were like rumble. Great for the hardcore fans, but completely worthless for 99% of the vacationing public. Less gnar and more smooth flow trails so anyone who can ride a bike can enjoy it.

I think gadd brook would be the building between the sb village parking lot and the culvert. The "e" building looks big and appears to be where the current base of the valley double is. I assume that's the building that would include retail.

http://www.warrenvt.org/depts/drb/20...2012_09_06.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    I think the beginner mtn bike trails are huge. They are just what is needed to take the sport from a niche to more mainstream. As an anology, how popular would skiing be if all the trails were like rumble. Great for the hardcore fans, but completely worthless for 99% of the vacationing public. Less gnar and more smooth flow trails so anyone who can ride a bike can enjoy it.

I think gadd brook would be the building between the sb village parking lot and the culvert. The "e" building looks big and appears to be where the current base of the valley double is. I assume that's the building that would include retail.

http://www.warrenvt.org/depts/drb/20...2012_09_06.pdf
    Not the full image Win presented Saturday, but for a glimpse, try this:

http://www.sugarbush.com/vermont-rea...ushliving/blog

If they haven't submitted any further site revisions and this is still the site plan on file, then I would assume it's the plan they are operating off of. There will be slight revisions, but I would guess it's mostly what they will build. Should be interesting to see it develop.

Has anyone heard mention of a new conference center to be built?

Someone mentioned it this weekend, but I cannot remember who or where..... (unless I was just hearing things)

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSno View Post
    Has anyone heard mention of a new conference center to be built?

Someone mentioned it this weekend, but I cannot remember who or where..... (unless I was just hearing things)
    A conference center would really help fill the place up in the off season, but I can't think of anywhere logical to put it... Definitely hadn't heard this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Delaware ? View Post
    A conference center would really help fill the place up in the off season, but I can't think of anywhere logical to put it... Definitely hadn't heard this.
    One of the upper parking lots is what I think I heard, now that the old Warren House is gone, and that side is being cleared for more parking. Between the Schoolhouse and what is going to be the Gadd Brook development.

One of the upper parking lots is what I think I heard, now that the old Warren House is gone, and that side is being cleared for more parking. Between the Schoolhouse and what is going to be the Gadd Brook development.
    Don't all those parking lots eventually become part of the Gadd Brook development?

The plan shows a number of new buildings. Buildings E and D are in those in question.
    Last edited by ThinkSno; 10-13-2014 at 12:34 PM.

The plan shows a number of new buildings. Buildings E and D are in those in question.
    So when you say upper parking lots, are you talking about those in front of Clay Brook?

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Delaware ? View Post
    Win spoke specifically about pushing conferences and said that the new Marketing manager/BD guy was going to specifically target using and filling the Gate House as well as rooms in the School house for that specific purpose. They did not mention a new conference center just using the facilities they have.

The site plan that Howie posted above was modified for the Rice Brook Permits. It should be the latest and current version until they publish the Gadd Brook version. It is kind of weird that they posted the announcement on the SB web site with no renderings or plans. The rendering that Win put up on the screen is new. I am guessing that they are working on the final plans with the Architects and do not want to release the exact details until they get approvals from Warren.

So to answer RD's question, yes all of the dirt parking lots and open space from the Farm House all the way over to the road up to the Rice Brook Development will be new buildings, walkways and some parking for the condo's only. When they are done the new parking lot that was built and paved for the Claybrook will remain and also the dirt lots going down to the snowmaking Barn.