Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSno View Post
    From the 2014-15 Farmers Almanac:

Winter will be much colder than normal, with near-normal precipitation and below-normal snowfall. The coldest periods will be in mid- and late December, early and mid-January, and mid- to late February. The snowiest periods will be in mid- to late November, mid- and late December, and early to mid-March.
    the 'Old' looks like the FA in local forecast anyway - closest i could find was Randolph http://www.almanac.com/weather/longrange/VT/Randolph

They say it will be colder than normal with near normal precip. How can we have below normal snowfall with colder than normal temps and normal precip????? As usual it make no sense.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Envy for western, high-altitude, early snow accumulation --

Screen Shot 2014-11-01 at 9.33.00 AM.jpg

This is from a web cam on 10/30/2014. Anyone recognize the location?

Just thought this might get folks jonesing for the season.

Likely opening day in November and it is November today!
    Last edited by Orca; 11-01-2014 at 09:02 AM.

Soon. It will be nice to see some deeper snow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

http://www.wcax.com/story/27176771/d...H0kSep4.mailto

This was posted by Trailboss over at Alpine Zone. It shows how hard Mountain Ops at any ski area work to get the MT. Open. And gets me just a little bit more stoked for the 14-15 ski season.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Fluffy WCAX piece on the start of snowmaking at SB. Great to see some vid of the place.

http://www.wcax.com/story/27187616/s...or-opening-day

Nice to see...

Attached Images Attached Images

SB webcams are effed up and have been for several days. Seem like fixing the problem isn't much of a priority. Bit of a disappointment though not a surprise. :{

Their Facebook posts said 6" at Allyn's by lunchtime yesterday, more up top. They are fairly current on FB with snow reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    Their Facebook posts said 6" at Allyn's by lunchtime yesterday, more up top. They are fairly current on FB with snow reporting.
    6" at Allyn's seems about right. There were some good drifts up on Jester too, some spots windblown, other spots almost to my knees. Definitely felt like and looked like winter up there yesterday!

We lit up Jester around 4pm yesterday, my first lightup of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay View Post
    6" at Allyn's seems about right. There were some good drifts up on Jester too, some spots windblown, other spots almost to my knees. Definitely felt like and looked like winter up there yesterday!

We lit up Jester around 4pm yesterday, my first lightup of the season.
    Are you guys close to moving to another trail?

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    Are you guys close to moving to another trail?
    If temps keep up over the weekend, it's possible we could move on. But keep in mind a lot of what was made last weekend melted in the warm temps and rain. We have only run last Saturday through Monday morning, and lit up again yesterday afternoon. Some consistent cold temps would help a lot, but I think we'll be out of it again beginning of the week due to temps.

Where are all the 350 new snow guns? Every picture they have publicized show the old Ratnick "blue" guns. I have a feeling the new guns are not very good at marginal temps.... Where are all the SR-7's? Only Jester has been lit up? Plodding their way to the 22nd. At least expectations are set, hopefully they are met.

I definitely saw all new guns on Organgrinder, Spring Fling, Snowball and I think Ripchord I think Ellen has a ton of new guns but I have not been there.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!