Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

The Start of the 14' - 15' Season

Heading up tonight for the Community Weekend festivities. MTB, Wood Delivery, Hiking and general good times on tap. This will be my first Community weekend in a few years due to another event that was in conflict this weekend. It will be good to see all the unusual suspects. I wonder what Win will have up his sleeve for surprises in his presentation? Who knows. Anyway I am totally looking forward to a long weekend away from my daily grind. And ready for snow!
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Let me know how that new turkey tumble trail is. Looks sweet. Like a groomer. Enjoy. I might make it up next weekend but don't know yet.

The Start of the 14' - 15' Season

They announced the new development "Gadd Brook" beside Rice Brook today. 93 units. I'll be interested to see the scope of this when permitting is finalized later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Delaware ? View Post
    They announced the new development "Gadd Brook" beside Rice Brook today. 93 units. I'll be interested to see the scope of this when permitting is finalized later this year.
    The 93 units is the total of all LP Village plan, which encompasses the completed Rice Brook, and more to come. We'll soon learn how many Gadd Brook adds.

Also on the 'What's New' tab at sugarbush.com is an announcement of management changes...hopefully all will produce positive results. Won't be long, now!

wonder what Gadd brook will include in addition to the residences. welcome news. hopefully a new valley house quad wont be far behind.

I was really hoping for some more retail on the corner to add some life/eating options to the area. Guess the $ just aren't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Delaware ? View Post
    I was really hoping for some more retail on the corner to add some life/eating options to the area. Guess the $ just aren't there.
    how do you know that there isnt some retail included???

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    how do you know that there isnt some retail included???
    In the initial plan it was, but this just refers to the residential units. I'm still hoping its included in the final plans, but it wasn't referenced here.

I assume that Win must know that if the lifts have issues similar to last year, and/or he doesn't crank out the snow, that he would hear a lot of flack for building condo's when lifts/snow making is still a big issue. So I have to assume he is confident the lift issues have been dealt with, and the new guns will keep this forum (relatively) quiet this winter. Otherwise, watch out!

But when I look at the base development in isolation ( and not vs mountain improvements) I have been happily surprised and think it has really added to the Sugarbush experience.

They also announced promotions including a new lift maintenance manager with some experience is sounds. I do not know anything about him but maybe this means better lift ops.

I guess the question for me is whether Gadd Brook incorporate that Building E from the original plans that contained retail and perhaps food service on the ground floor with residential on top.

Hawk - I nominate you as Community Day beat reporter. Would love to get a run down of the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman View Post
    I guess the question for me is whether Gadd Brook incorporate that Building E from the original plans that contained retail and perhaps food service on the ground floor with residential on top.

Hawk - I nominate you as Community Day beat reporter. Would love to get a run down of the details.
    Also my question Tree. Thank you for being more detailed.

They gotta be showing plans or renderings at community day. Hawk, you're our man.

Busy weekend. There was lots of info on many different fronts. The new push on the Marketing front is Sugarbush Community. #sbcommunity There was a whole segment on local business and partners with the common thread that we are one big community that is the Mad River Valley.

Big push on the lift maintenance front that was rolled out by Mr. Hammond with new processors for SB and GH and new electronics an/or diagnostics on many lifts. I believe they said that Northlinx gets a new motor or a rebuild. Snowmaking upgrades have already been documented. New 10" main on Spring Fling and Snow Ball. 350 new Ratnik Guns. They also did a bunch of maintenance on Pumps and valves to shore up the system. So they put all new guns on Upper and Lower organgrinder, Ripchord, Sringfling, snowball and others over at GH. I guess the big improvement will be over at Ellen with a ton of new guns and pump and valve maintenance. I guess they have not received many of the new guns so far except for the inverness slope. Now they have all new guns on most major runs and promised that it would make a huge difference on the speed of opening slopes and quality of snow.

Gerry Nooney spoke about food services and pushed the local products that SB uses and the quality of the products. They also changed coffee vendors from Green Mountain roasters to ......I can't remember the name. They are from Southern VT. He also pushed the Allyn's Lodge dine and ski dinners.

As we have heard the Gadd Brook development is gong forward next year, if sales are good. It will be built next to the Rice Brook and at the same elevation(not down low). Looks like a good size building. There are renderings. Win spoke about removing the culvert and making the brook exposed between the two buildings all the way down to the road. It will be a architectural detail and a re-gen zone. There was no talk about the relocation of the VC Chair or if there was going to be retail or food in this next building. I would bet they have to relocate the lift because of the position of the new building.

He briefly spoke about the EB-5 situation Sugarbush VS Jay. He really didn't comment on Jays situation but said that Sugarbush will Pay the EB-5 investors with the sales of the new units. Rice Brook paid off about 10 of the 40 investors and future sales will go against that debt.

In the works: If we have a strong season this year they will move forward with the VH quad. They are currently working on the permits. He also mentioned the possibility of a new building on the flat at the top of GH. This will take the load off the GH lodge and also gives them a new venue for Weddings.

That's all I can remember for now.

Good info. Hope the lift work pays off! I am sure the new guns will.

With regard to Gadd Brook. The original base plans show that Building E would require a relocation of the Village Double. So my guess is it will be building B.