Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    You guys that are pissed off about this really have to look at the numbers. How many people will actually spend the money to ride the lift at 7:30?? I say, if they sell 20 of these, it will be a lot. Of the 20 - what are the chances - all 20 people will be at Sugarbush on a powder day?

Maybe I don't understand the person that gets in line at 7:30 so they can be first on the lift at 800,... fwiw, I don't understand anyone dropping $500 to be in line even earlier. I guess if you really do care about being absolutely first,... you now have an option.
    I think they'll sell more than 20. There are guys out there who will buy it for the heck of it, but I don't see that many utilizing it on any given day. I mean judging by who I see there at first chair on a powder day, I'd be surprised if any of them do it. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a short lived initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    I think they'll sell more than 20. There are guys out there who will buy it for the heck of it, but I don't see that many utilizing it on any given day. I mean judging by who I see there at first chair on a powder day, I'd be surprised if any of them do it. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a short lived initiative.
    On the flip side, it doesn't cost them anything to keep it out there. I'm sure it won't be just a one season initiative.

Fair enough djd66. I will play the wait and see as far as the numbers go. Maybe your are right. But I am one of these crazy 7:20 people and last year it was 30 to 40 people taking 3 laps. It made a huge difference. It mattered to me and others. I will take vid.

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    You guys that are pissed off about this really have to look at the numbers. How many people will actually spend the money to ride the lift at 7:30?? I say, if they sell 20 of these, it will be a lot. Of the 20 - what are the chances - all 20 people will be at Sugarbush on a powder day?

Maybe I don't understand the person that gets in line at 7:30 so they can be first on the lift at 800,... fwiw, I don't understand anyone dropping $500 to be in line even earlier. I guess if you really do care about being absolutely first,... you now have an option.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Fair enough djd66. I will play the wait and see as far as the numbers go. Maybe your are right. But I am one of these crazy 7:20 people and last year it was 30 to 40 people taking 3 laps. It made a huge difference. It mattered to me and others. I will take vid.
    That's my man Hawk! 1st in line. 1st in time. 1st to sign up. Happy Labor Day to all.

Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Does this mean that the residents of Claybrook will also have to pay the $500? Or do they still get the early access (presumably Rice Brook owners now, too) as part of their world-class ownership experience? I was infuriated by the Claybrook and VIP early access, will this compound the problem?

I have no problem with paying more to get more. I have no problem with first class seats on the plane, or executive suites at the ballpark. I pay extra for a fancy car, and I enjoy it. First class seats, executive suites, and fancy cars do not impact other people's deal. The problem with this early access stuff is that it diminishes the experience for those of us who cannot or will not pay the fee. Every trail is well tracked before I am allowed to get out there. When a guy buys a first class ticket on a plane, the guy in coach does not lose a thing.

Simply put, I now get a worse deal for my money at Sugarbush. But hey, it is a business, they can piss me off all day long if they think it makes business sense.

Clay Brook owners already get this privilege as part of buying in. They do not have to pay the extra $500. Rice Brook does not get the 7:30 access like Clay brook. That is what I was told from a new owner. I would think that those would be the people that would pay the $500.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!