Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

I never complained about Claybrookers, only the Quad Packers. I don't think there were enough Claybrookers to affect the whole mtn. Maybe I overreacted a little, as what are the chances of all 500 add on pass holders being in line with the Claybrookers on a weekend powder day? Hopefully not many, otherwise they will have to rope off a new line for them alone in the morning while we wait for them to track it out. Believe me, I'm super happy about the snow guns and opening HG at 8am. But the thought of not scoring those first freshies because people willing to pay for it... skinning I think is the answer now.
    Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    really? because I was able to get plenty of freshies with the first trackers from claybrook going before me. and werent you one of those complaining that only claybrookers got that opportunity? seems to me they are offering this to address those very complaints.
    Frankly, I dont think Im going to do it. its only of any value on weekend/holiday powder days. so how many is that? 5 at best? I think I'd rather do a couple days on the cat and otherwise skin early.

I have done a little research on the $500 early morning add on: Assuming a November 22 opening and a May 3rd close, there are a total of 61 days that this would be able to be used. These days are as follows:

4 Weekend Days in November (Thanksgiving is not a blacked out holiday)
    6 Weekend Days in December (doesn't include X-Mas)
    5 Weekend Days in January (doesn't include MLK)
    4 Weekend Days in February (doesn't include President's Day/Vacation Week)
    9 Weekend Days in March
    8 Weekend Days in April
    2 Weekend Days in May

11 Days @ Christmas
    3 Days @ MLK
    9 Days @ President's Day/Vacation Week

If you get on the SB at 7:30 when it opens, then you could hypothetically get in an average of 3 runs before standard opening at 8. However, if your goal is to get to the top of HG for first tracks when it opens at 8, then one of your runs will need to be used to get there and be in line.
    Last edited by Ride Delaware ?; 08-19-2014 at 03:08 PM.

Howie, I hope you are correct. 500 pases, say on given POW weekend day 250 show up, anyone can get 2 runs in in 30 minutes, 3 if you are 1st on. That is 500 skiers down everything served by brovo. Add to this Heavens gate will open at 8, so early ups can get 2 runs in off brovo & still line-up at heavens gate before non-early ups even get on Brovo. So it takes that out of play. I am sure each of us will put together a new play book just will take a little more strategy.

If all 500 show up, don't know what to say.

It will be interesting to see how they manage the line, managing 10- 30 clay brookers is one thing managing another couple hundred??

Othripper, sounds like you know what I am going to say. Are you baiting me dude. So what this means is that people who pay $500 extra bucks get the powder on powder days. Now I have heard nothing officially but if that is the case them I call BS on that. Now I have to get up even earlier to skin and poach the goods that I used to get with my pass.

Quote Originally Posted by othripper View Post
    From the Times Argus article:

MONTPELIER — Projects at Sugarbush Resort and Caledonia Spirits are among those receiving financing through the Vermont Economic Development Authority announced last week.

In all, VEDA approved $4.3 million in financing for economic development projects totaling $9 million throughout Vermont.

At Sugarbush, VEDA approved a $500,000 commercial energy loan to help the Warren resort take advantage of Efficiency Vermont’s Snow Gun Roundup Program, an initiative to replace around 350 older snow guns with new, more energy efficient models.

VEDA said in a news release that “the equipment upgrade project will significantly reduce Sugarbush’s electricity consumption, improve snowmaking capacity and snow quality, and reduce labor costs.”

The release said it is estimated that new snow guns will reduce the resort’s electricity consumption by almost 2,000 megawatt hours annually.

Say Hawk, are you going to get the early ups ad on?
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

So where are they showing these details Howie?
    ok so in addition to the snowmaking improvements and lift upgrades, they are going to run the HG at 8am on weekends/holidays. That's a welcome improvement and for $500 you can ride the SB earlier than 8. awesome stuff. not sure the $500 is worth it.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    So where are they showing these details Howie?
    It was in a Sugarbush email update, but it is also on the website under add-ons in the Season Pass section.

Quote Originally Posted by skimore View Post
    Howie, I hope you are correct. 500 pases, say on given POW weekend day 250 show up, anyone can get 2 runs in in 30 minutes, 3 if you are 1st on. That is 500 skiers down everything served by brovo. Add to this Heavens gate will open at 8, so early ups can get 2 runs in off brovo & still line-up at heavens gate before non-early ups even get on Brovo. So it takes that out of play. I am sure each of us will put together a new play book just will take a little more strategy.

If all 500 show up, don't know what to say.

It will be interesting to see how they manage the line, managing 10- 30 clay brookers is one thing managing another couple hundred??
    now that I think about, I will need a new strategy.

over the last decade I have been on line for first chair on pretty close to all the weekend/holiday powder days. before the SB starts spinning at 8 there are probably around 100 skiers there, at most (thats 25 chairs so I may be overestimating) and that includes day ticketers and others not eligible (dont think the 420s are eligible) for this new early pass. So I doubt there are going to be 250 people there for this early service. they may sell 500 of these passes, but I dont think the utilization rate is going to be 50% on any given day. I'm just thinking off the top of my head but I'd guess it will be less than 100, probably closer to 50. what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbarka View Post
    I never complained about Claybrookers, only the Quad Packers. I don't think there were enough Claybrookers to affect the whole mtn. Maybe I overreacted a little, as what are the chances of all 500 add on pass holders being in line with the Claybrookers on a weekend powder day? Hopefully not many, otherwise they will have to rope off a new line for them alone in the morning while we wait for them to track it out. Believe me, I'm super happy about the snow guns and opening HG at 8am. But the thought of not scoring those first freshies because people willing to pay for it... skinning I think is the answer now.
    skinning and mellon are options. there are plenty of claybrookers, but very few are getting out at 7:30 for first tracks. I suspect we will see something similar of the 500 people who pay for this pass, although they are buying it specifically for this purpose, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Delaware ? View Post
    I have done a little research on the $500 early morning add on: Assuming a November 22 opening and a May 3rd close, there are a total of 61 days that this would be able to be used. These days are as follows:

4 Weekend Days in November (Thanksgiving is not a blacked out holiday)
    6 Weekend Days in December (doesn't include X-Mas)
    5 Weekend Days in January (doesn't include MLK)
    4 Weekend Days in February (doesn't include President's Day/Vacation Week)
    9 Weekend Days in March
    8 Weekend Days in April
    2 Weekend Days in May

11 Days @ Christmas
    3 Days @ MLK
    9 Days @ President's Day/Vacation Week

If you get on the SB at 7:30 when it opens, then you could hypothetically get in an average of 3 runs before standard opening at 8. However, if your goal is to get to the top of HG for first tracks when it opens at 8, then one of your runs will need to be used to get there and be in line.
    the only reason to use this is when there is fresh powder. I have been averaging 8-10 powder days a year, but they arent all on weekends/holidays and some are days that are a surprise. so i think we are talking about 5 days a season.

the only reason to use this is when there is fresh powder. I have been averaging 8-10 powder days a year, but they arent all on weekends/holidays and some are days that are a surprise. so i think we are talking about 5 days a season.
    I was just stating the overall usability of the pass. I also believe that it will mostly be used on powder days.

Does anyone happen to know how many weekend/holiday powder days there were last year? I'm sure somebody has to be nerdy enough to keep that info somewhere.

now that I think about, I will need a new strategy.

over the last decade I have been on line for first chair on pretty close to all the weekend/holiday powder days. before the SB starts spinning at 8 there are probably around 100 skiers there, at most (thats 25 chairs so I may be overestimating) and that includes day ticketers and others not eligible (dont think the 420s are eligible) for this new early pass. So I doubt there are going to be 250 people there for this early service. they may sell 500 of these passes, but I dont think the utilization rate is going to be 50% on any given day. I'm just thinking off the top of my head but I'd guess it will be less than 100, probably closer to 50. what do you guys think?
    I think you needed a new strategy already. you could easily get on the lift 20 chairs earlier.

I paid $1049 for my All Mountain 7 pass in the spring and thinks it's crazy to spend another $500 for the "Early-Ups Add-On ". I can get fresh tracks and hardly a line almost any day of the week on the GMX at Mt Ellen.

Should be interesting to see how the $500 add on will change the lift line dynamics....it will draw more people in so there will be more pressure on the normally thinner SB lines the first half of the morning 8-930 vs the latter part of the morning

how many people are actually out on the slopes at 730?

Depends on conditions. I've seen weekends where there's just a handful waiting for groomed corduroy and I've seen hundreds waiting for fresh pow like last year before X-Mas when HG was having issues.