Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    [QUOTE=Hawk;223728]I missed you guys saying that the HG will open at 8. So that also means that the 7:30 people will be in line there first. Sounds like I will be going to Castle Rock and North Linx a lot more. This is going to change my routine completely. Have to adapt to get what I actually came here for. Not a problem.

Jesus Christ, you're right. So now not only will those powder runs on Mall be gone, having a shot at freshies down Rip or Spills is out the window. A:I feel sick. B: I'll be spending more time surfing in the tropics this winter.
    But like I said on a different thread, it just won't matter because the ski gods will be so displeased by this arrogance it'll be 50 all winter anyway.

Arc1, It does totally suck but I really hope you are wrong. There is more than one way to skin this cat......so to speak. If the snow gods punish us it will really be a hard winter even for the guys that don't pay to play.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Ready for snow yet?

*Always*ready*for*snow*

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSno View Post
    *Always*ready*for*snow*
    Can't come soon enough. I actually love fall but I'm starting to get antsy for ze snow.

I know that I am going to appreciate the snow this winter more than I have in the past.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Fricken BRING IT ON!!

Just noticed on the SB web site that quad packs are back at $219.

Quote Originally Posted by Orca View Post
    Just noticed on the SB web site that quad packs are back at $219.
    That is less of an increase than I thought when I posted on 8/25.

Quote Originally Posted by El Bishop View Post
    There was a lot of complaining about quad packs and the resulting crowds -- are those gone this year?

I suspect that the Quad Packs will be announced after the next Season Pass deadline of September 10th, but I bet the price increases.to like $240 per QP.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

It appears they are also adding VT sales tax which I don't believe was the case before...

Think we will have an early October storm to hike?

The latest Win's Word talks a great deal about reducing our Carbon footprint. To that end, It sounds like they really think these new guns are going to save them a ton of energy consumption. I think this is a great effort on their part and I hope they reach their goals.

I also hope that they tweek their operations and reduce the amount of wet guns and get rid of those Dr. Seuss looking snow mounds that they create. I would give up on my wish for increased production if they just dialed in the snowmaking on the trails that they do blow snow. Maybe the result of all new guns that are the same type will make for more consistency? I guess we will see.

After reading Win's Word on Sugarbush reducing its carbon footprint, I googled the National Ski Area Association’s Climate Challenge, and found in the 2013 results, what Killington has done in this Challenge. (http://www.nsaa.org/media/185646/201...ge_Results.pdf).

Killington also mentions the resorts mission statement: "Our mission is to exceed customer expectations, be innovative, profitable and environmentally responsible."

Does anyone know what Sugarbush Resort's mission statement is?

I also hope that they tweek their operations and reduce the amount of wet guns and get rid of those Dr. Seuss looking snow mounds that they create. I would give up on my wish for increased production if they just dialed in the snowmaking on the trails that they do blow snow. Maybe the result of all new guns that are the same type will make for more consistency? I guess we will see.[/QUOTE]

100% agree with this. And on the trails where whales are unavoidable (Lower Downspout, Lower Jester) or some get made by accident, let them sit for a few days to dry out before grooming if not a safety issue. The same guns unfortunately will not lead to consistency. That is done by the snowmakers checking each gun and dialing in the water. Hopefully they can hire some more snowmakers and do gun runs every hour that entail closely following the temps, checking quality and moving the gun to prevent whales.

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    I also hope that they tweek their operations and reduce the amount of wet guns and get rid of those Dr. Seuss looking snow mounds that they create. I would give up on my wish for increased production if they just dialed in the snowmaking on the trails that they do blow snow. Maybe the result of all new guns that are the same type will make for more consistency? I guess we will see.
    100% agree with this. And on the trails where whales are unavoidable (Lower Downspout, Lower Jester) or some get made by accident, let them sit for a few days to dry out before grooming if not a safety issue. The same guns unfortunately will not lead to consistency. That is done by the snowmakers checking each gun and dialing in the water. Hopefully they can hire some more snowmakers and do gun runs every hour that entail closely following the temps, checking quality and moving the gun to prevent whales.[/QUOTE]

I think they make those whales purposefully. and they do let them sit for a few days to percolate the moisture down before grooming them out.

had a snow dream the other night. another 60 days or so.

Howie, I am not totally convinced that this process is 100% needed. I know of no other mountain that does this the way that SB does. If they just moved the guns more the snow would spread out and then dry out the same way. They do not have to make huge steep features to dry the snow out. That is all I am saying.