Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Also, note how 5 feet of snow can tamp down the complaining.

Agreed on the more snow=less complaining and the lifts have been doing ok besides some windholds. HG down all day today for maintenance issues- I'm all for midweek repairs but it's been a tough year for HG. I take Win at his word that lifts are the top summer priority. On days like today it would be nice if they ran the cabin cat up and down Jester from 10-2 shuttling people to ski everything up there except Jester and that leaves enough time for patrol to sweep. Just a thought.

If Win somehow had influence to make the 5 feet of snow then I'm back on the the rally bus. I hardly see how less complaining due to snow means the mountain did anything to make things better. Any place can be great and complaint free when there's ample snow. Blue Hills is a monster on a powder day. It's like Peter Frampton's Greatest Hits. A MONSTER!!!

However this is a positive thread so that's all I'll say on that subject. Things were great this weekend apart from the crowds, but windholds were absolutely necessary and I was pleasantly surprised to actually see lifts open back up at the tail end of the day. You almost figure after some point there's no chance of reopening due to how close to closing time it is, but they did open again. Nicely done. I got in an end of the day SB run I wasn't expecting to be able to do. As for the crowds it was my own fault for not skiing ME originally.I had hoped to make my way there when the lines formed, but got trapped with NL and SB going down. My own stubbornness in riding the bus over combined with how well CR was skiing despite the lines kept me at LP.

Snow has nothing to do with it Howie. You asked and out of respect for you I stopped. The issues are still there. Actually I have more info but will keep it to myself so that we can keep the end of the season positive. Happy spring skiing this weekend.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Snow has nothing to do with it Howie. You asked and out of respect for you I stopped. The issues are still there. Actually I have more info but will keep it to myself so that we can keep the end of the season positive. Happy spring skiing this weekend.
    relax! I'm sorry I brought it up. Just thought everyone was as happy as I was about the recent bounty and great skiing. I still have to pay my taxes too.

Ahhh. Spring Skiing and Taxes. Such the combo. We have to do ours also. Usually a strong Vodka and Tonic is involved with the taxes. It makes it feel a little better.

Ahhh. Spring Skiing and Taxes. Such the combo. We have to do ours also. Usually a strong Vodka and Tonic is involved with the taxes. It makes it feel a little better.
    Root canal would be better!

Looks like a mixed bag for weather today, but looks like I'll be returning for some more winter on Sunday. Last report I saw was 6-10" at the base and 10-14" at the top if not more. Looks like even more the farther north you get. Its supposed to be wet, but that just means it will be that much better when it softens in the woods for real tree skiing.

Looks like it would have been a great day to cut work...

I just got off the hill. It was mad sweet and low until around 1:30 and then it started to corn up. Really soft where the sun had hit it, but still firm in the shade. Spring Fling was epic as was Birdland. Steins hadn't softened up as much because of the sun angle, but the snow was at least edgeable. Such a great day.

Sweet and Low like Sugary? It looks like a great day. So jealous. Tonight is the start of spring night riding with my MTB group. Sunny and 50 here in Boston. Temps will not go below freezing tonight for the first time in a long time. Spring is here.

Sweet and Low like Sugary? It looks like a great day. So jealous. Tonight is the start of spring night riding with my MTB group. Sunny and 50 here in Boston. Temps will not go below freezing tonight for the first time in a long time. Spring is here.
    Correct. Just adding a little spice of life.

Today was sweet indeed. Bluebird morning led to partly sunny skies by last chair. Still amazing as to how much snow there is. VHT, Lower Lower Jester down to top of Gondo, Coffee Run are buried. Don't believe me? Look at the hydrants, not to mention the level of snow behind the Bravo bottom shack. We should be going for a while if weather like this keeps up.

I just have to say something. It may have been a little rainy on Saturday and cloudy on Sunday but it may just have been one of my best weekends this year. Conditions were great with soft conditions over all and a new 2" of new snow on top. The rain softened and the new snow insulated the snow so no refreezing. Temps were in the 40's and 50's. But best of all....No quad-packers, no 420's, no families with kids in programs, no Claybrookers, no bus tours, no beginners, no tourists. NOBODY....except for all the same people that I started the season with in November. Just local folks and people who ski because it is what they do. Never waited for a second in line, never waited at the bar, had the trials basically to ourselves. These are the weekends that make us remember why it is such a joy to ski at the Bush. Because after all it is all about skiing with friends and enjoying the outdoors. How fast the lift moved, snowmaking, lodge capacity, costs, etc. became irrelevant. Just all diehard skiers and the mountain. Awesome!