First Time at MRG

I've been at SB every weekend this season but have never been to MRG. Someone (perhaps on the Alpine board) posted a really good "first time at SB -- what to ski" post a while back and I was wondering if anyone might be willing to do the same for a first timer with one day at MRG (and taking current conditions into consideration). Thanks in advance to anyone who's willing.

Hi El -- Great question. I have not been "back east" this season so I'm not in a position to reply in depth, but I hope someone does. MRG is a wonderful but quirky mountain which is prone to icing up and mogul build up. That doesn't necessarily take away from its appeal, especially for "technical" skiing. It has lots of steeps, but there are work arounds in most places. There are also groomers from the top of both main chairs. What's your ability level? Hopefully someone will come on here and give you a few suggestions. As an alternative, you might consider hiring an instructor for an hour or two to take you around and show you the mountain. Last time I looked (5 years ago) rates for instructors over at MRG were very reasonable.