Fire at Mountainside or near there

It is Mountainside. I found one reference on Twitter.
    Last edited by castlerock; 02-17-2014 at 07:46 AM. Reason: link

I saw white "clouds" coming up from the base area this morning. I thought they might be making a snow pile while it was cold for the pond skimming pile. My sons passed there on their way to Harwood, called me and said it was Mountainside and it was a big deal, Staties, WVFD etc.

Quote Originally Posted by castlerock View Post
    I saw white "clouds" coming up from the base area this morning. I thought they might be making a snow pile while it was cold for the pond skimming pile. My sons passed there on their way to Harwood, called me and said it was Mountainside and it was a big deal, Staties, WVFD etc.
    It's the upper phase from about #52. At this point, we understand everyone was safely evacuated. This is a mutual-aid situation with multiple towns in and out of the Valley responding. You can follow on Facebook/MadRiverValley. Tough, tough start to the busy week for our friends on the hill.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

I found this on Twitter.

Took this pic from the parking lot by Forum at about 4:30 AM.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow!
    Glad everyone is ok. But it looks like the building is total loss.

I heard mountainside was finally approved for to rebuild. The owners have to pay 15,000

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    I heard mountainside was finally approved for to rebuild. The owners have to pay 15,000
    Talk about a hassle. I'd love to see the new plans. I've got to imagine it won't be the same. Modernized units?

I'd love to hear the details too. Crazy how long this has taken. By the time it is actually rebuilt, what will it be? 4 years?

They will all end up with brand new condos. Considering what they are getting for Rice/Gadd Brook Condos, they should all make out ok. I would be interested in seeing the plans too. Thank God nobody got hurt in that fire!