Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lifts.....uggg

So we are now using artificial rain on the hill, to make an ice track for the Germans.

Bravo is spinning but not loading as of 9:10

Loading as of 9:16, but for how long? Who wants to guess?

Glad we are out of town [NYC] till Tuesday.

Pretty sad even though my ski partners and I have joked for years about marketing a NRX self evac kit. In addition to the kit we may start selling stickers with the new slogan "Sugarbush - which lifts are running?" "Mount Ellen - skin it, you'll probably have to".

Best quote came from a friend who recently moved back to VT and chose a Killington pass over sugarbush. "Sugarbush, when it's good it may be the best terrain in the state. When it's bad, the saving grace is that Mad River Glen is worse."

And it's down! 10:39 one hour 7 minutes

looks like its running on the webcam

Running yes...open NO......Nice line on the Gate House>>>>
    Last edited by Plowboy; 02-07-2014 at 11:23 AM.

Friday, February 7th - 11:00 AM

*** Sunny D and Super Bravo chairs are on maintenance delay. Valley House is open. ***

This is not true, got a call from a friend on the hill and she just said "valley house is NOT running"

Hey the waffle house is open though. Having Bravo broke should help their business out. At least one can see an open flag when looking at the gatehouse line. Does not look like anyone hiking to VH lift.

Yesterday, the problem with Bravo, as explained to me, was that the chairs were getting to close together. They ran it for a while but could not ultimately get it to work properly. The crowds were minimal so the lines were not a problem. There were many complaints in the lines and general sense of frustration. The good news was that there was some sweet powder on Murphy's, upper Birdland and Domino until the afternoon when Bravo ran for a while. Another inconvenience was that the Valley Lodge was not serving food. Thus, you had to go down to gatehouse and then hike back up to the Valley House to get on the lift. I get that skiing is a sport and that a certain amount of effort is to be expected. However, it is pain with kids in tow (powder flu hit the entire household) and not optimal in terms of customer experience and expectation. Anyway, I hope Bravo is in working order tomorrow or it will be a mess.

As for conditions, the woods looked tempting and some were venturing in. I did not because my skis took a beating on some of the natural trails (alpine options loves me this year). How are things in the woods?

Any word on the status of Slidebrook Lift?

Quote Originally Posted by sgottmann View Post
    As for conditions, the woods looked tempting and some were venturing in. I did not because my skis took a beating on some of the natural trails (alpine options loves me this year). How are things in the woods?
    Went in XT woods on Weds pm toward the end of the storm. While really nice to be there first time this year and some good areas at that time which looked great, there were many hidden obstacles and my base and edges took some damage. Bravo woods were even less covered and definitely not ready for a crowd.
    Last edited by ducky; 02-07-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Where is Win to tell us about all the misinformation and how everyone tells him how great this mountain is managed......

Quote Originally Posted by angler View Post
    Where is Win to tell us about all the misinformation and how everyone tells him how great this mountain is managed......

Quote Originally Posted by Go Figure View Post
    picture is worth 1000 words, lol

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    Went in XT woods on Weds pm toward the end of the storm. While really nice to be there first time this year and some good areas at that time which loaded great, there were many hidden obstacles and my base and edges took a beating. Bravo woods were even less covered and definitely not ready for a crowd.
    Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like I need one more good storm. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by sgottmann View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like I need one more good storm. Enjoy.
    Skied MRG today. Their lifts were running. Sign at top reads "Woods are strongly discouraged!"
    Attached Images Attached Images