Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lifts.....uggg

i had a good time there yesterday- no lines anywhere and the lifts were running. Bring your MRG skis if you go in the woods...
    Last edited by pcampbell; 02-07-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Saturday, February 8th - 6:30 AM

*** Super Bravo is on maintenance delay. We are working hard to have it open today.***

Quote Originally Posted by Go Figure View Post
    Saturday, February 8th - 6:30 AM

*** Super Bravo is on maintenance delay. We are working hard to have it open today.***
    All that preventive maintenance is really paying off.

Quote Originally Posted by angler View Post
    All that preventive maintenance is really paying off.
    Unbelievable. This is going on since Wednesday. Appears that they don't know what they're doing.

Clay Brookers will have no problem walking up to VH for the front of the line. I bet a Sugar Sherpa will even carry their gear.

Super nice day on The Island, love the weekend quiet. Mid 20's and sunny is going to make for a nice walk in the park, then a trip to Zabars for some salmon and bagels.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Figure View Post
    Clay Brookers will have no problem walking up to VH for the front of the line. I bet a Sugar Sherpa will even carry their gear.

Super nice day on The Island, love the weekend quiet. Mid 20's and sunny is going to make for a nice walk in the park, then a trip to Zabars for some salmon and bagels.
    Would you mind being my Bagel Sherpa? Love everything bagels with onion and smoked salmon. I have an extra ticket to a real mountain that I would trade you for.
    Last edited by angler; 02-08-2014 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Unbelievable. This is going on since Wednesday. Appears that they don't know what they're doing.
    One would call this week a clue! What a bush mountain so glad I switched to another mountain this year. If you paid attention over the past few years you could see this coming. The ownership should be embarrassed instead of living in a fantasy world where they think everything is just great. Maybe the next book will be "How not to run a mountain"
    Last edited by angler; 02-08-2014 at 09:47 AM.

Yeah! A crappy snow season and a broken lift and throw out the management! It sucks but the comments are going way to far and you are ruining what was once a constructive forum. Why don't you beat it and enjoy your other mountain.

Please, educate me on what is constructive about telling someone to beat it?
    It goes far beyond that, if you want to ignore the obvious thats your choice just like its mine to post. BTW if you don't like what is being said don't read it.
    P.S.
    I am enjoying my other mountain thanks for your concern.
    Last edited by angler; 02-08-2014 at 12:33 PM.

Angler - you really need to get a life,... get lost!

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    Angler - you really need to get a life,... get lost!
    Seriously. This guy needs medication. He skies at another mountain and still has time for this.

Like I said before I appreciate your constructive support, I have a very nice life so thanks for your interest. Getting back on topic this thread is about how poorly this mountain is being run at this time not telling people to get lost or beat it.
    Last edited by angler; 02-08-2014 at 01:53 PM.

C'mon, its not that bad. 108 trails are open! It says so on the web site.

Here is the insider's tip. Wait 45 mins in the Gatehouse line, disembark and enjoy a leisurely uphill slog toward the North Lynx triple, (hold on, here is the insider part!) ski under the rope for Castlerock Connection, hike 3 or 4 hours, enjoy the best that Sugarbush has to offer. Or if you prefer a less rigorous hike, climb up 100' or so to the double, wait an hour, enjoy a peaceful creaky ride right out of 1963, then hop on the reverse traverse, magically ski uphill (sorry riders), then wait 30 mins for Heavens Gate chair. Spend the next 45 minutes hiking and skiing to get over to Castlerock. Because after all, it is open, right? Awesome experience for the kids. Then after that rewarding day, drop into the Castlerock pub to be ignored by the bartender. Does it get any better?

I usually don't outright dump on the place, but holy crap, it is getting hard to ski at Sugarbush.

Boy I'd have to agree. I don't post (first time other day in this thread and maybe couple yrs ago) but I can't hold back. As a long time Sugarbusher and proponet of the mtn., I'm disgusted both for myself as well as others that I met this week that have not been to the Bush in years. I can tell you they were extremely disappointed with the 'product' since they arrived Wednesday because of the lift issues. I too have been up all week (and most winter) and can't understand it.

Is it time to change maintenance contracts (are there are any), is it prudent financial foresight to invest in the lifts further or at the very least to keep them from failing days straight? I tell many we are going through growing pains as the mtn. progress toward what I believe to be necessary business growth. Savy marketing of the hill has resulted in tremendous numbers showing up to experience what it is to ski the Bush.. Or perhaps what it used to be? I think the best is yet to come.

However, it's unfortunate now that numbers are coming they have to be subjected to what I think is a wilted product (I believe the skiing is more the product than hospitality but that's not really the issue here...oh or is it.) ? I want the mtn to kick but. I want my mtn to make it work. But when you know Bravo will most likely be down for the day as it has been all week... Plan to have extra busses to truck those that want to hit North or make an exception and open SBrook chair... But I know there's a reason why. Always a reason.

I have a solution. Recognize that part of your overall product may just be the most important one... getting people up the hill to experience what most come here for. To ski. As one person on the lift said today... They should change the motto to: Sugarbush, Be Bitter Here. Because that's what many are taking home. A bitter taste.

.. Oh and sorry for the lengthy rant. My bad edicate.