Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lifts.....uggg

I heard the super bravos computer broke and was saying the lift was broken for no reason.

Yeah what a disaster today.

Myself, I made some lemonade from the lemons. Got to vh double before the line got bad. Waited maybe a minute. Slogged reverse traverse to hg, where there was no one. So I did a few laps there. Then I hiked over to cr and had a great run down middle earth. In for lunch, hiked to the vh, waited 20-25 minutes, over to hg, hiked over to cr and had another great run down middle earth.

Summit and Inverness both went down today for brief periods. They have a serious issue on their hands and better get it worked out before the holiday next week.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post

Summit and Inverness both went down today for brief periods.
    I'm not usually one to pile on, but that's just embarrassing given the context.

Add Heaven's Gate to the long list of chairlifts broken this weekend!!

Live lift and trail report says open. Castlerock is only a short hike away.

Off to a matinee, quiet on The West Side. Left a candle at The Dakota last night.rip

2400 views - this will need instant attention and my guess is that they have a shortage of engineers or parts or both. Crews that have this amount of work get burned out quickly. Whenever basic operations of a company are this obvious, there is much more than meets the eye.

My housemates - three new this season to da 'Bush - are not happy - maybe never to return next year? As it is, they go off to far flug resorts to get the goods. Weather is uncontrollable, but mechanics of lift ops shouldn't be.

Or is this the worst luck in Vermont? Ice Coast? ( as AHM would say)

Some light snow coming thru - but if you can't get there from here sans skins, what's a customer to do?

That's not what I've heard. Everyone I talk to says how excellent things are. I'm getting tired of reading how things are actually going. I'd prefer to only hear compliments so I'm off to go drive a Porsche. It's all about priorities.

A bit harsh, so sorry I guess. But based on the last set of responses to us and what is happening I think certainly due.

So let's start over. Hey Win. Help us out here. Sorry about all the posts. We love it here. Now you can apologize to us as well, let us know you understand/accept the problem and let us know what you're plan is to fix it. Then we can all move on from this and get back to some good old sugarbush lovefest as I'm sure we'd all prefer over this. But you have to own up here.

Monday 9:00 am update

"Castlerock lift is set to open, but is currently on delay, as is Northridge."

I'm with MtnMan4Bush ... I'd really like to see Win and/or team address the elephant in the room here. I've been a season pass holder for 10+ years, and hands down, Saturday was one of the worst experiences on the mtn. Ever. Started the day at North ... crazy crowds. Went to get on Summit - went down. Decided to hit the straight shot ice luge to hit up Inverness. Down. De-booted, and drove to South... saw that no one was skiing Spring Fling and thought it odd... VH Double, not moving. Boot up, and head to GH ... chair goes down for 10+ minutes while we are on it. Debacle of a day. Spoke with a higher-up <I'm not naming names> on Sunday about it... and it was honestly refreshing to hear him ADMIT that it was a terrible day, the Porsches were a horrendous idea ... and there are some things they need to address. I quite honestly, appreciated his honesty - and told him so. Half the battle is admitting you have a problem ... the other half is clearly addressing it.

I love SB, and am a repeat season pass holder for a reason. I'm not going anywhere, nor is anyone in my 30+ person ski crew that religiously drives up every weekend. We drive up every weekend to ski ... and in the end... you can't 'Be Better Here' if you can't get up the Mountain. :-/

I know many factors can come in to play with lifts being down, let’s say it is a run of bad luck, timing, etc.
    With Brovo being down last Wednesday, Thursday & put to bed Friday still not working so it is known that Saturday will at least start without Brovo.
    Does mountain management ever even consider a back-up plan that can help elevate the madness and at the same time show the customers that they are trying to make the experience the best they can.
    Have all staff (lift operators, groomers, patrol, etc.) come to work 1 hour early or whatever is needed , prepare all other lifts to open at 8 am, don’t have to advertise this just do it. I say one hour since that is the amount of time between lifts opening. I know it would involve paying overtime, additional utility fees but it seems like it would help things from getting out of control too soon and show the customer that they care.

Well I'll start by saying I skied Wednesday in the storm and then Saturday both at north. Conditions are the best they've been all year. Crowds were insane, had a snowboarder run into the back of me while skiing. Skied GMX early then NRX and finally over to Inverness. Great fun on semi tough and brambles. Exterminator wasn't bad either. Never had a lift problem but I was gone by noon anyways.

What was really a shame about the day was after a season of icy conditions we finally good some nice snow that wasn't blown off the trails. Instead of being able to enjoy that all the way down the mountain they purposely iced up the only 2 trails to get to the bottom so the privileged could drive Porches on them. Saw a boarder some how end up on the closed course and it is all ice. Really unbelievable that they had to destroy the best conditions of the year.

Like others I'm a long term pass holder with no plans to go anywhere else, yet. I've also posted nice comments to Win in the past and thanked him in person. I hope he can get through this and recover. I do think he needs to come back here and address the big issues though. He should also read up a bit on the QBurke fiasco because his last post on here was heading towards the same tone management has taken there. If it wasn't for the fact that they are flooding the marketplace with cheap tickets, I would think they were trying to run everyone off so the claybrookers would have a private mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisinvermont View Post
    Well I'll start by saying I skied Wednesday in the storm and then Saturday both at north. Conditions are the best they've been all year. Crowds were insane, had a snowboarder run into the back of me while skiing. Skied GMX early then NRX and finally over to Inverness. Great fun on semi tough and brambles. Exterminator wasn't bad either. Never had a lift problem but I was gone by noon anyways.

What was really a shame about the day was after a season of icy conditions we finally good some nice snow that wasn't blown off the trails. Instead of being able to enjoy that all the way down the mountain they purposely iced up the only 2 trails to get to the bottom so the privileged could drive Porches on them. Saw a boarder some how end up on the closed course and it is all ice. Really unbelievable that they had to destroy the best conditions of the year.

Like others I'm a long term pass holder with no plans to go anywhere else, yet. I've also posted nice comments to Win in the past and thanked him in person. I hope he can get through this and recover. I do think he needs to come back here and address the big issues though. He should also read up a bit on the QBurke fiasco because his last post on here was heading towards the same tone management has taken there. If it wasn't for the fact that they are flooding the marketplace with cheap tickets, I would think they were trying to run everyone off so the claybrookers would have a private mountain.
    fwiw-last year they did the porsche thing on the golf course. I assume that is where it was to be again, but couldnt because of the lack of snow. staging it at mellon on a weekend was a mistake

I was at Sunday River this past weekend. I guess there is no need for a trip report. Things over there are as expected. I have a sneeky suspision that my skins are going to come in real handy next weekend with the holiday week crowd. I pray they have the lifts figured out by then.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

So I was thinking. There is no real hard evidence but I get the feeling that something is up. Sometimes when a company cuts costs and also boosts revenue with deals and specials, there is a specific reason for this.........My minds wanders some times.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

I agree, Chewbarka and I were talking about this a few weeks ago as well. So much of this does not make sense unless of course you are looking to...............................