Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Triple

Spring Triple

I m sure that the new Spring Triple promotion will receive many positive accolades from the many Season Pass holders who have had so many good things to say about the Quad Pack promotion. I think tht the Quad Pack is a great promotion, and that the Triple Play may be a tougher sell unless the conditions and weather change in Februry,

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gostan; 02-01-2014 at 12:57 PM.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

They are becoming the dollar store of the green mountains.

Spot on analogy..........it could be the new moto..............ski cheaper here...............

I thought is was "Stand in line here"
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

We can change the name to $ Mountain.....

Quote Originally Posted by angler View Post
    We can change the name to $ Mountain.....
    It already is $ mountain. The only area getting any real attention is the Clay Brook Resort Area. New paint for the Village Chair '12 and new pads this summer. Meanwhile look at North Lynx with chairs that haven't seen paint since they were swinging in the wind on Northridge and a terminal with factory paint from '85. But when potential Rice Brook buyers are walked from the Rice brook sales office at the Farmhouse to the sight all they see shiny well maintained lifts well manicured lawns[outside service now after mountain employees were fired] and flowers. In the summer north looks like a NELSAP candidate.
    Quad/three packs, program brat weekend line cloggers do not matter to the Clay Brook Elitists as they get early ups and all day linecuts while the 2nd class skiers slog through the line like standby ticket holders. Why go to HG on a powder day to wait 30 minutes for some fresh snow when the hoards of Clay Brookers and adventure blazers swarm inat 8:59 and take the fresh seats. After cutting for an hour and a half. Remember many of you backed win when he said "there is plenty of powder for non clay brook when public loads".
    It's the 1% takeover.
    Bravo was having false start issues all morning and will likely shit the bed[on a powder day] again in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Figure View Post
    It already is $ mountain. The only area getting any real attention is the Clay Brook Resort Area. New paint for the Village Chair '12 and new pads this summer. Meanwhile look at North Lynx with chairs that haven't seen paint since they were swinging in the wind on Northridge and a terminal with factory paint from '85. But when potential Rice Brook buyers are walked from the Rice brook sales office at the Farmhouse to the sight all they see shiny well maintained lifts well manicured lawns[outside service now after mountain employees were fired] and flowers. In the summer north looks like a NELSAP candidate.
    Quad/three packs, program brat weekend line cloggers do not matter to the Clay Brook Elitists as they get early ups and all day linecuts while the 2nd class skiers slog through the line like standby ticket holders. Why go to HG on a powder day to wait 30 minutes for some fresh snow when the hoards of Clay Brookers and adventure blazers swarm inat 8:59 and take the fresh seats. After cutting for an hour and a half. Remember many of you backed win when he said "there is plenty of powder for non clay brook when public loads".
    It's the 1% takeover.
    Bravo was having false start issues all morning and will likely shit the bed[on a powder day] again in the near future.
    ClayBrookers shouldn't be cutting at HG. It's limited to Bravo and Gatehouse. If it's going on, they should be tossed.

I don't think they are so cheep. Most mountains have some sort of "special deal."

Awesome--yet another $50 lift ticket deal--similar to the Quad Pack to make Saturdays at Lincoln more unbearable.

If the mountain is making $$, how about throwing some towards the Mtn Ops Guys at Mt Ellen?? On most days, they have to deal with numerous mechanical failures on North Ridge and the Summit Quad. On Sunday, they were racing to fix both lifts as they were both broke for only around an hour. Pretty impressive considering the conditions of the lifts they are trying to keep running!

I was using "$ Mountain " as a metaphor. They will do anything to bring in dollars without giving back to the experience on the mountain. There seems to be a lack of consideration towards pass holders. If you want to have deals then make sure you have an infrastructure to support it. Like lifts that work, snowmaking, day lodges that function and the list goes on and on. With these so called " deals" the season pass holders experience is diluted and the loyalty to the mountain is disregarded to say the least.
    Last edited by angler; 02-03-2014 at 09:01 AM.

The writing is so on the wall folks. It has been trending down from an infrastructure standpoint for years. As loyal SB skiers, it is time you ask yourselves if it truly the right hill for you. It is a fantastic hill when the snow is good and the sidecountry is just fantastic, but when it comes to infrastructure investment for skiing (which is not condos, and not baselodges) there is precious little................

and I thought you meant this:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have not been on this thread for a while and may not be back for awhile as it really does get tiring listening to some of this misinformation. Here are the facts. We have put $50 million into the mountain since purchasing and that does not include any real estate development.

I think if you parse through all the ranting you will find that the infrastructure they are refering to is snowmaking system and the lifts. No one is questioning the upgrades to the base area. I love the new base area. But if you subtract the gate house, farm house and School house with all the landscaping and walkways, how much was spent on the lifts and snow making? The only upgrades to those two items have been those new guns, a couple groomers and minor maintenence to the lifts?
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Really, thats mature. Not sure you are hearing our criticism through your defensiveness.