Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MntMan4Bush View Post
    I definitely give the mountain a pass on icy days and windy days with withholds. Nothing the mountain can do on those days and it comes down to skier safety. As Howie said, if you are wondering if the ice reports are accurate allow me to assure you. They are.

Back to the original issue at hand though. Go look at Killington's condition report. Similar to ours about the ice, but notice anything different? They're turning the guns on again and blasting away to give skiers soft snow to take some turns on. I can guarantee very few soft turns at the Bush today and as the day progresses. That pretty much sums up my issue as it relates to the quantity side of the equation. Killington has their spring pass on sale now and I know quite a few SB season pass holders who bought one of those. That's money and revenue being spent down south as opposed to the valley on those weekends. Meanwhile our guns have been stored for the long term I'm sure. Can't be a water or air issue. It's finding the on switch.
    Not surprising. Kton is committed to making snow this year. And sb rarely makes snow after presidents week. That's a mgmt decision.
    Were they making snow this weekend??? Seemed a little warm for that.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Sorry, but when u question why lifts had ice issues after this past event, you reveal that you don't know what you're talking about and just continuing your unrelenting attacks on the mtn. I wasn't attacking you personally, but the factual basis of your latest complaint.
    I skied sb this weekend, and was none too pleased that my wife/daughter had a week of fresh snow, great conditions and no crowds whilst I was at the office, only to be greeted by freezing fookin r#%^^n upon my arrival. On top of that, 2 of my best ski buddies were in jh and whistler, respectively, and getting dumped on. But I don't go blaming the management, nor crying in general about the unfortunate weather. When ullr gives lemons, make lemonade. I actually had some pretty good runs on ripcord, sunrise, sleeper and especially moonshine. And that was after sitting on ice encrusted lift chairs.
    If you go back and read my post the first thing I said was I do understand ice events. I was wondering why other mountains weren't reporting the same problems. When I looked on the snow report for Stowe and Killington I didn't see the same issue being reported. After someone else pointed out that Killington and other mountains had the same issue I didn't say anything else about it. I wasn't attacking the mountain I was wondering if the ice event was only happening there as it didn't make sense to me. So to say I don't know what I am talking about, is you making this personal.

Even though I have issues with how the mountain has been run the past few years I have acknowledged that improvements have been made just not enough to be competitive compared to their competition. Thats an opinion just like your opinion, it has nothing to do with either one of us not knowing what we are talking about.

Nothing personal about the ice on the lifts at Killington. Looks to me like it was, as it usually is , a PIA for all mountains.

http://www.killingtonzone.com/forums...=38467#p523461
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    Nothing personal about the ice on the lifts at Killington. Looks to me like it was, as it usually is , a PIA for all mountains.

Absolutely. Everyone wants to talk about ideas to keep the lifts ice free by taking the chairs off the haul line and storing them etc, but your still going to have an icy haul rope and spacing issues. Short of having the haul rope heated and taking the chairs off, both of which would likely be cost and time prohibitive, we are just going to have to settle for delays/closures on icy days.

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post

It clearly was, neat pics.

Quote Originally Posted by angler View Post
    If you go back and read my post the first thing I said was I do understand ice events. I was wondering why other mountains weren't reporting the same problems. When I looked on the snow report for Stowe and Killington I didn't see the same issue being reported. After someone else pointed out that Killington and other mountains had the same issue I didn't say anything else about it. I wasn't attacking the mountain I was wondering if the ice event was only happening there as it didn't make sense to me. So to say I don't know what I am talking about, is you making this personal.

Even though I have issues with how the mountain has been run the past few years I have acknowledged that improvements have been made just not enough to be competitive compared to their competition. Thats an opinion just like your opinion, it has nothing to do with either one of us not knowing what we are talking about.
    Im not looking to get into anything personal with you. hope we get some fresh snow this week and everyone is happy.

Im not looking to get into anything personal with you. hope we get some fresh snow this week and everyone is happy.
    Hey, we are finally in agreement
    Last edited by angler; 02-24-2014 at 05:59 PM.

Pretty funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6qTOcGTJd0#t=13

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbarka View Post
    Thanks Howie! You made me laugh at this all over again. Good job!
    Likewise! Just watched that video again, while in UT, shortly after having a Double-double, animal style, after skiing Solitude.

FYI, for anyone who is interested, UT appears to be in a snow deficit for this time of the year.

Favorite run at Alta (West Rustler, off the High Traverse) is partially brown due to lack of snow-- very disappointing.

NE has all the snow thus far this season, so we should count our blessings.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSno View Post
    Likewise! Just watched that video again, while in UT, shortly after having a Double-double, animal style, after skiing Solitude.

FYI, for anyone who is interested, UT appears to be in a snow deficit for this time of the year.

Favorite run at Alta (West Rustler, off the High Traverse) is partially brown due to lack of snow-- very disappointing.

NE has all the snow thus far this season, so we should count our blessings.
    may i ask what a "double-double, animal style" is? or maybe I shouldnt ask.

fwiw-whistler and jh got dumped on last week. thinking the california mtns get theirs this week.

I can vouch for JH. Still snowing
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

fwiw-whistler and jh got dumped on last week. thinking the california mtns get theirs this week.

"double-double, animal style" - from In-N-Out Burger - West Coast Burger joint - the place is awesome - wish they had them here on the east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    "double-double, animal style" - from In-N-Out Burger - West Coast Burger joint - the place is awesome - wish they had them here on the east coast.
    ahhhhh. so ive heard, but never had the pleasure.

"Animal Style" is one of the most popular "secret" styles; in addition to the standard toppings, Animal Style burgers include pickles, extra spread, grilled onions, and mustard fried onto each meat patty.

"Double-double" indicates double meat, double cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSno View Post
    "Animal Style" is one of the most popular "secret" styles; in addition to the standard toppings, Animal Style burgers include pickles, extra spread, grilled onions, and mustard fried onto each meat patty.

"Double-double" indicates double meat, double cheese.
    im salivating