Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSno View Post
    Very entertaining indeed.
    +1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the 7:30am "First Trackers", they are on a guided tour. They all go down the same trail. There are 111 trails on the mountain to enjoy. They are (at least every time I've seen them) going down trails. On a powder day, are you all riding the trails or the woods? It's not like they're getting free-reign of the whole mountain a full 30 minutes before lifts open. I don't see the "first trackers" going into Gangsta's or sneaking into Paradise. But again, everyone's entitled to their opinion. Just don't assume that 30 people are going up Bravo, being turned loose on any trail, then meeting at the bottom to do it again.

Don't forget about the cabin cat first tracks.... (though I haven't seen it mentioned alot this season, perhaps with lack of early morning pow). Anyone can sign up for that when it is offered. Yeah, it costs some $, but worth it for an early untouched run(s).

And finally, I agree with s_r_o's comments... there are some great conditions out there and with these temps, the snow's going nowhere fast. Get out there and enjoy it!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    OK then, I will rephrase it becasue their is a chance that I may have over generalized a small amount. I will give you that. The way I am seeing it is everybody that I ski with thinks the same way. (Well maybe not Howie) That is the better part of 200-300 people. So when I am standing at the lift at 7:15 - 7:30 in great position, surrounded by people that I know, it sucks to watch everybody lap the lift. In my little part of the MRV we have the same opinion. Maybe in your world it is the opposite. Also If DJD66 has friends or lives at Claybrook he would have a vastly different opinion. Maybe he doesn't. Either way it is total BullSH*$. I can understand that you guys don't care. That is great. But I do and that is fine also.
    Over and out.
    Just to clear up any question you might have. 1) I don't own a place at Claybrook 2) I do not have any friends that own at Claybrook 3) I don't even know anyone that owns at Claybrook. 4) I am not part of a vast PR conspiracy. Everyone I ski with enjoys that fact that we have nice lodges to go to and we have an owner committed to making Sugarbush a great place for families to ski in the winter. Call me a Kool Aid drinker - but have you ever gotten a letter from the owner of a business directly addressing business problems and how they will be fixed? (Referring to the letter Win sent out to everyone a few weeks back) I have not.

Hawk, I have no idea who you are and have nothing against you personally. What I have issue with is how you and lot of people on this board complain about some BS issues. 90% of your posts this year have been a rant on the mountain and the management. I still have not seen anyone cutting me in line with a Claybrook pass - I have taken 1000's of rides up the chairlift. Please tell me - where is this happening? Why is it I have never seen a Claybrook pass holder utilizing the ski school line? Again (my opinion ) who the f*^% cares? I would say 99% of SB skiers don't care,... This one included.

OK then I get it. I have said my peice and I am done. We both feel stongly about our positions. I will agree that this has been too much. Spring skiing is around the corner and all will be behind us shortly. I guess I get caught up in this but I obviously feel stongly as you do. It is totally clear that the circles that we both run it are very different.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Not to get all negative again but another motor? Yikes. ***Heaven's Gate terrain will be open for hiking access only from 10:00 AM-2:00 PM through Thursday until a new lift motor is installed. Heaven's Gate is schedule to spin by Friday.***

Nothing to see here......Move along.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Dblshot View Post
    Not to get all negative again but another motor? Yikes. ***Heaven's Gate terrain will be open for hiking access only from 10:00 AM-2:00 PM through Thursday until a new lift motor is installed. Heaven's Gate is schedule to spin by Friday.***
    Its hard to believe that all the wind hold on HG last week wasn't mechanical as well. Not saying that it wasn't windy.... I would replace HG before VD. Getting to the top of the mountain is essential for the lift lines.

I would tend to agree but I think blowing multiple motors in one season has to more do with the people working on the lift than age of the lift. I hope it can be ready for Saturday, never a crowd on pond skimming weekend.....

I hope so. It seems like it goes on wind hold a lot even when there isn't mechanical issues. I wonder if there is a way for them to reposition the lift so it can stay open on a consistent basis. Without that, lift the lines get stupid especially when there is no snow in the beginning of the season and CR isn't open.

Quote Originally Posted by angler View Post
    Its hard to believe that all the wind hold on HG last week wasn't mechanical as well. Not saying that it wasn't windy.... I would replace HG before VD. Getting to the top of the mountain is essential for the lift lines.
    No doubt it was windy enough to put the lift on windhold. North linx was down most of the day and some other lifts were close to going on wind-hold. Where you even skiing that day?

I rode up HG just before it shut down and they had a guy standing on the platform watching the chairs. The wind was directly in the face, for which they usually let the lift run in higher winds, and I'm no expert, but even I'd say it was warranted. I think they pulled the old "wind hold" card for mechanical reasons too many times before and now it;s coming back to bite them with people doubting actual wind holds.

Again as someone who has set their Kool Aid aside for the moment I think it was legit and we have to trust their judgement on calls like that. They did reopen before the end of the day which didn't do much with liftlines as the crowds were dwindling,but it was a nice touch to see they hadn't given up on the day yet in lift ops because I sure hadn't and a trip through SB to finish the day was a nice touch.

Since this is the thread where we do talk about the issues a bit more I will add that on Sunday I was there for first chair and when we got back down SB was down for electrical issues. (Head the reason come in over someone's radio). It was pretty quick though. No more than 5 minutes and a crowd hadn't really formed yet. Knowing it was going down though we did stop at VD to see if it would spin early and of course that wasn't happening. Again only 5 minutes so no big deal and can't really get up in arms over it.

However as coincidence would have it was also there for first HG chair and right before they lifted the gate it stopped for about 5 minutes. It did open on time though or only a minute late so again no big deal. What I did find funny though was a patroler was nearby and when it went down he laughingly said "typical".

To be honest that made me feel better about the whole thing. I'm tired of all this "everything is great here" mentality. Win's post a while back on the official website was good to hear, but up until then it was all "life is great" and haven't heard much since. Hearing an honest reaction from the patroller to it all, and not a gripe, but a joke about it, kind of reminds me we're all on the same team here. So maybe instead of all this "I'll refund our money and you can go elsewhere" attitude let's not all think that just because we have snow it magically fixed everything apart from the loneliness the few snowflakes that fell earlier in the season felt.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    No doubt it was windy enough to put the lift on windhold. North linx was down most of the day and some other lifts were close to going on wind-hold. Where you even skiing that day?
    As a matter of fact I was. I am referring to all the days last week when the lift was down. When it first opened after the wind hold one of my friends got stuck on the lift for 30 minutes or so do to mechanical issues. My point is that the problems with HG is more then wind hold at times.

Any word on if we have Heaven's Gate open for tomorrow? Just trying to plan. I know it is on wind hold today just no comments on the ski report as to if the motor fix will be ready for tomorrow or not.

The way the year has gone 50-50 chance........

Motor's fixed.... would've spun today (Friday) except for extremely high winds. We'll try again tomorrow.