Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay View Post
    Motor's fixed.... would've spun today (Friday) except for extremely high winds. We'll try again tomorrow.
    Looks like it's going to be another windy weekend.

Shady- thanks for the info, just what I was looking for.

Angler- keep up the good work on the FUD perspective.

Page 18 of the current SUGARBUSH magazine has a detailed article about wind and its effect on the chairs/lift. One of the top comments we get when a lift is on windhold is .... "It's not windy down here". Just remember some of the details in this article.

Here's a link to the article:

http://issuu.com/sugarbushresort/doc...607983/5127967

Quote Originally Posted by flakeydog View Post
    Shady- thanks for the info, just what I was looking for.

Angler- keep up the good work on the FUD perspective.
    OH, I must have forgotten how well the lifts ran this year. But I do appreciate your complement and words of encouragement!

It never seems to end:

*** Gate House will be the early lift at Lincoln Peak, GMX is on maintenance delay. Summit lift is on windhold. Sunny D lift is closed for the day, due to maintenance. ***

Probebly icing on super bravo and gmx. I don't remember a mount ellan lift being down for more than a hour since December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icing indeed... GMX and Bravo both did open, albeit an hour or so later than scheduled. SBX and NRX did not operate due to icing as well. Both were really not needed due to the lack of crowds today. Wet at the base and frozen up top. Heard reports of 4" of ice at the Mt Ellen summit.

I bailed today. Hate rain. Hate ice cold rain even more.

I hiked up MRG (which was also closed to the summit) and it was either hard ice, which was ski-able but not fun, or just soft enough for you to break through the crust at which point you were locked into whatever direction you were headed and very difficult to get out. A little scary. From the mid and down was fine (soft). So... lift status or not I don't think it was a day to ski up high today.

No reason to go above the top of super bravo today. Icy too just about the top of Steins. The rest sounded horrible but skied sweet. First time in over 30 years of skiing that I encountered fresh fallen corn snow. Yes I got very wet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess you forgot about the Northridge being down a bunch in the early going over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    Probebly icing on super bravo and gmx. I don't remember a mount ellan lift being down for more than a hour since December.

Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Believe it or not, Sunday was a top ten ski day! At least for snowboards. The top of Bravo was just teetering on the edge of icy, can't imagine what it was like higher up. The 2" - 3" of dense snow stuff that came down over night bonded perfectly to the snow underneath. Started the day around 11:30, hardly raining at this point and rode thru to lift close. The woods were completely untracked and as long as you carried good speed, the surfing on top of all the snow was remarkable! The two of us had freshie after freshie all over the mtn with Domino Woods being the best by far. Had to pull out just before the lower traverse as the snow was too punky down low, but it was feet deep of surfing delight! It was great to have a weekend day without the people. What a super weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I guess you forgot about the Northridge being down a bunch in the early going over there.
    That was the first week mount ellan was open.

Again...

Monday, March 31st - 11:30 AM

** Super Bravo is on maintenance delay **

Yes it was early. It was more than a week though. I only know because we refused to go over there and ski until that lift was running.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    That was the first week mount ellan was open.

Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!