Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Read first. Bravo was not running at it's usual Sunday start time of 6:30 -7 nor did it load anyone until approx 8:15. That means it was being repaired, again. And the stops for whatever were punctuated by a series of false starts which is not normal.

Also last I checked this is still America which means if I want to complain about clay brook elitist linecutting, that's what I'll do. OK? I have been here since 82 and this is the most "unlocal" load of crap enacted by any owner.

And there is plenty of water in the pond, the 1000 gallons an hour the firefighters were using is not the max. the system can handle. If there is a lack of water in the pond currently it is because it is not being refilled.

Don't get lost in Jerusalem.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    r we not being a bit hypercritical in reporting every time a lift has to stop temporarily. I mean, people do fall and sometimes they have to load stuff onto a chair. and the claybrook bashing is going a bit far too imho. they have their privileges, like them or not, but it is the way it is.

My opinion is I'd rather see the vh replacement before any other capital improvement. I think its that big a deal. I assume from Win's silence that it is not something we should expect next season, which is disappointing.

fwiw-there was some discussion earlier about the snowmaking crew being laid off early. I heard this weekend, that they were in fact let go a week earlier than usual, but that it was due to the fact that they had emptied the snowmaking pond fighting the fire at the mountainside condos. either way, in retrospect, I dont think anyone can complain about the conditions since 2/14 and with whats coming from mother nature, making snow the last couple of weeks would have been throwing money down the drain. kudos to killington for doing so, but it doesnt bother me.

Go Figure,

I think you would be happier figuring it out elsewhere. Happy to refund your pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Figure View Post
    Read first. Bravo was not running at it's usual Sunday start time of 6:30 -7 nor did it load anyone until approx 8:15. That means it was being repaired, again. And the stops for whatever were punctuated by a series of false starts which is not normal.

Also last I checked this is still America which means if I want to complain about clay brook elitist linecutting, that's what I'll do. OK? I have been here since 82 and this is the most "unlocal" load of crap enacted by any owner.

And there is plenty of water in the pond, the 1000 gallons an hour the firefighters were using is not the max. the system can handle. If there is a lack of water in the pond currently it is because it is not being refilled.

Don't get lost in Jerusalem.
    You certainly have a right to complain especially since you've been coming here since I was in middle school. But I think you also have to realize that in this day and age, these kind of preferential treatments are commonplace whether it be on airplane, at an amusement park, mlb game, concerts, etc.etc. The list is endless. I'm not arguing right or wrong, just saying it's the way it is everywhere. So it's not like they have foisted this unheard of affront to equality.

I'm not arguing right or wrong, just saying it's the way it is everywhere. So it's not like they have foisted this unheard of affront to equality.
    True, but it used to be "Peace, Love & a ton of Snow."

Instead it appears to now be, "Be Better Here" ....Mind stepping aside? Thanks. We're Better.

Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    Go Figure,

I think you would be happier figuring it out elsewhere. Happy to refund your pass.
    Harsh words

Go Figure-- Right on!!

Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    Go Figure,

Thin skinned are we? Maybe there is truth in some of the criticisms posted here. Just a thought......

I'm not arguing right or wrong, just saying it's the way it is everywhere. So it's not like they have foisted this unheard of affront to equality.
    This is truly a shame because we used to pride our selves for being not like everybody else. It will never sit well with me that these people get to cut the line on powder days. Half of them can't even really ski pow. It's a waste. That is all I have to say. Not wasting my time with this any more.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    This is truly a shame because we used to pride our selves for being not like everybody else. It will never sit well with me that these people get to cut the line on powder days. Half of them can't even really ski pow. It's a waste. That is all I have to say. Not wasting my time with this any more.
    First of all,,,. Let's stop this revisionist history. This place was called mascara mountain long before peace and love. Second, I personally have never even seen a Claybrook owner cutting the line and if I did,... who fricken cares. If this really bothers you - maybe you should work hard, save your money and buy a Claybrook condo.

Why do Blazers get to cut the line?

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    First of all,,,. Let's stop this revisionist history. This place was called mascara mountain long before peace and love. Second, I personally have never even seen a Claybrook owner cutting the line and if I did,... who fricken cares. If this really bothers you - maybe you should work hard, save your money and buy a Claybrook condo.
    Hey you obviously don't like what I have to say and really do not like me in general. Fine by me. Save my money and buy a $250K quarter share? Not a chance. I get the feeling that some of these owners may be your friends and that would explain a lot. Hell you might even be an owner. Either way it is how I feel and it's not going to change. Your revisionist history comment makes absolutley no sense in the context of how i feel about the early morning powder fests and the daily line cutting. Correct me if I am wrong but don't they get a special pass that allows them to get in line with the ski school? This was never the case at this mountain until the the Claybrook was built. I also have a solution to it. Skinning. Costs me very little and I get the same results.

Oh and by the way you are in the minority of people who don't care. There are many of us that do. We will never change the policy but that does not mean that we have to like it.
    Last edited by Hawk; 03-17-2014 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    Why do Blazers get to cut the line?
    They pay extra to ski not wait in line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out the reviews about how great Sugarbush is....
    https://www.facebook.com/Sugarbush.VT

Peace, love and a ton of snow was ASC's logo line...if ya think the Bush was better under their ownership you weren't there.

Ski School's, Patrol, VIP's have been cutting lines for centuries, at most every resort...get over it.

Every business has issues, if you have run or owned a business, you know that. The Bush has a business plan and they have a right to follow it.

So much misinformation is being passed on this forum as fact it's become entertaining. Sometimes frontline staff does not have all the facts, again, this is at any business not just at the Bush.

I wish some of you guys could just enjoy the great late season skiing and riding.
    Last edited by ski_resort_observer; 03-17-2014 at 08:47 AM.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Hey you obviously don't like what I have to say and really do not like me in general. Fine by me. Save my money and buy a $250K quarter share? Not a chance. I get the feeling that some of these owners may be your friends and that would explain a lot. Hell you might even be an owner. Either way it is how I feel and it's not going to change. Your revisionist history comment makes absolutley no sense in the context of how i feel about the early morning powder fests and the daily line cutting. Correct me if I am wrong but don't they get a special pass that allows them to get in line with the ski school? This was never the case at this mountain until the the Claybrook was built. I also have a solution to it. Skinning. Costs me very little and I get the same results.

Oh and by the way you are in the minority of people who don't care. There are many of us that do. We will never change the policy but that does not mean that we have to like it.
    You are entitled to your opinion. That said, I agree with djd66. In fact, I would venture to guess most people In line don't even know about it. I think it's your opinion that's the minority. Who cares where he lives and who he is friends with.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer View Post
    So much misinformation is being passed on this forum as fact it's become entertaining.
    Very entertaining indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by MorningWoods View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion. That said, I agree with djd66. In fact, I would venture to guess most people In line don't even know about it. I think it's your opinion that's the minority. Who cares where he lives and who he is friends with.

OK then, I will rephrase it becasue their is a chance that I may have over generalized a small amount. I will give you that. The way I am seeing it is everybody that I ski with thinks the same way. (Well maybe not Howie) That is the better part of 200-300 people. So when I am standing at the lift at 7:15 - 7:30 in great position, surrounded by people that I know, it sucks to watch everybody lap the lift. In my little part of the MRV we have the same opinion. Maybe in your world it is the opposite. Also If DJD66 has friends or lives at Claybrook he would have a vastly different opinion. Maybe he doesn't. Either way it is total BullSH*$. I can understand that you guys don't care. That is great. But I do and that is fine also.
    Over and out.