Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    The basement is the floor were the boot room and the pub it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I consider the pub and boot room the first floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Figure View Post
    The place is too small for granny knitters and others to table sit when folks are standing around looking for a place to sit. And for me it's the obnoxious kids that run back and forth non stop bumping into people right and left. It's the other reason [the 1st is the food flat out sucked] we stopped going to the PTP, kids slamming balls into the pool table and running everywhere chasing each other while the parents sat in another area.
    Really? The 35 pound 3 foot kid that probably doesn't even touch you running by annoys you more than the 200 pound guy sweating buckets with ski boots still on stumbling by and pushing into you and spilling beer on you as they inch along the narrow corridor that is the CRP? Pre-kid wasn't too long ago for me so I have a pretty good memory of not caring if there were kids or not. Or in fact not caring about what anyone did with their time. Be it a granny knitting at a table or a kid eating some mac and cheese. It falls under a broad category called none of my business. Live and let live. If other people going about their business is that disturbing to you then I'm sorry. If I want a seat then I should show up earlier. No reason I'm more entitled to a seat than anyone else. Of course if I see you coming I'll get up for you. I mean why shouldn't I? You're clearly there to do something entirely different than me.

Pool table and you're talking about PTP, which was not what the topic was on. I fully agree kids at the pool table when adults want to play is annoying. No argument and mine stays off, but again the CRP is what we were talking about here. Clearly you weren't because you also spoke about the bad food and if you've been to the CRP lately then you haven't had the truffle fries.

Fourwide - I get what you're saying. i just disagree on a ski bar being different. As for having to curb your behavior around kids not around mine. Please no. I brought him in there knowing where I was going. A bar type area should expect a certain behavior and language. If I don't like it, for my kid or myself, I can leave. I don't expect anyone to cater to me. Similarly if I'm there and someone doesn't like me being there they are more than welcome to leave too. Or we can both stay and not get bothered by silly things that don't actually effect you and are only perceived notions in your head that you put there. I get that when there's a kid around you might be self conscious. I guess though if one F bomb was held back as a result is the world worse off as a result or a day ruined? I doubt it. Never bothered me. If an F Bomb is called for then by all means drop it. Hell bumpcrasher has the honor of having the first swear repeated by my kid and it was pretty funny. Kid are parrots. What can you do?

Whatever happened to the portable beer cart they used to bring up at the end of the day? Located over near the Sleeper Room, by the water cooler, was a great idea. No waiting in lines at CRP, No loud environment where you can't hear each other talk about the days exploits, Plenty of seating. Just perfect. Right when you needed it!

Quote Originally Posted by MntMan4Bush View Post
    Really? The 35 pound 3 foot kid that probably doesn't even touch you running by annoys you more than the 200 pound guy sweating buckets with ski boots still on stumbling by and pushing into you and spilling beer on you as they inch along the narrow corridor that is the CRP? Pre-kid wasn't too long ago for me so I have a pretty good memory of not caring if there were kids or not. Or in fact not caring about what anyone did with their time. Be it a granny knitting at a table or a kid eating some mac and cheese. It falls under a broad category called none of my business. Live and let live. If other people going about their business is that disturbing to you then I'm sorry. If I want a seat then I should show up earlier. No reason I'm more entitled to a seat than anyone else. Of course if I see you coming I'll get up for you. I mean why shouldn't I? You're clearly there to do something entirely different than me.

Pool table and you're talking about PTP, which was not what the topic was on. I fully agree kids at the pool table when adults want to play is annoying. No argument and mine stays off, but again the CRP is what we were talking about here. Clearly you weren't because you also spoke about the bad food and if you've been to the CRP lately then you haven't had the truffle fries.
    I was not the first to mention the PTP and we have been extremely disappointed in the lodge food. Two years ago it was the Irish Natchos" that were somehow served both burnt and cold. And last years $8 regular natchos that were at least warm but was also the smallest plate I have seen in 55 years and not very tasty.

Here we have someone who whined for 3 months because his kid couldn't get a free plastic pass and a few posts back complaining someone wouldn't give up their seat in the boot room for him and his squirt. Now he calls me out because I complain about seat hoggers and kids [worst offenders appox 11-14 yo]and that I am not entitled to a seat and should arrive earlier.
    I guess everyone has their things they feel entitled to.

The Irish Nachos were the crowning achievement of worst apres food ever. I saw them grab a single serving bag of Lays off the rack, open and work their magic on it. I never understood how they could mess up nachos. Food now is better in my opinion. You should try it. Josh has cooked up some pretty good food recently.

For 3 months huh? Must have been non-stop and 12 posts a day too. Don't stop there. Why not make it 6 months as long as we're at it. It's a crappy policy. I stand by that. I don't feel entitled to anything. To justify needing $30 later on for a cheap piece of plastic when someone pays as much as they do for a ticket feels off. When I pay that much for something it's not really entitlement to expect something from the product. They say kids are free. So you say OK. Cool. Here's my money. Then they say "well the tickets themselves are an upcharge". Oh. In my opinion it sucks. If my expectation was that the pass woudl include a free helmet then I'd say I'm being unreasonable. I dropped this a while back and just bought one. You brought it back up. Clearly you care about it more than I.

Feeling your needs are different than anothers. that you're buying something different, that you're older/younger/not knitting than someone else, that you skied and someone else didn't and that somehow you deserve the space or a seat is entitlement, especially if someone beats you to it. So what? When it's not busy earlier on should that space not be used at all and they not spend any money at the CRP? Would you allow them to be so bold as to get a hot chocolate when it's quiet? Should they reserve it for you? Would you like your name on it? Or should they just leave when they see you come in? Maybe they should bow their heads and slowly walk out backwards? Would you like them to genuflect? Please. Just like any bar. If it's a crowded bar and you want a seat or a space get there early. Else deal with it like everyone else. Your user experience is no more important than anyone else's.

My boot room experience? I didn't feel entitled to a seat. I dealt with it and moved on. Didn't say a word to them. It was their seat. They beat me to it. Just thought it strange since if it was me, and it has been me several times, I would have (and have) given up my seat as opposed to watch like it was a side show. Kind of like when you give up a seat to an elderly person on the subway. Are they entitled to it? No. But when you see someone not give up a seat and you're standing b y watching you kind of give them a strange look.

Quote Originally Posted by MntMan4Bush View Post
    My boot room experience? I didn't feel entitled to a seat. I dealt with it and moved on. Didn't say a word to them. It was their seat. They beat me to it. Just thought it strange since if it was me, and it has been me several times, I would have (and have) given up my seat as opposed to watch like it was a side show. Kind of like when you give up a seat to an elderly person on the subway. Are they entitled to it? No. But when you see someone not give up a seat and you're standing b y watching you kind of give them a strange look.
    Just a thought here, but this works for me 99.99% of the time: "Excuse me, mind if I squeeze in so I could boot up? Thanks!"

The other 0.01% of the time I simply go someplace else to boot up, as we all know the boot room in the basement of the CRP is undersized, but that discussion happened years ago.

Absolutely I could have, though to be honest if they are using the seat no reason to displace them just for me. I could have went upstairs or found another spot. It's on me really.

It may not be evident in my posting but I kind of find it amusing. Hence the "strange" look as opposed to an "angry" look. It's almost like a social experiment. I always start cracking up as I walk out after. It's comical to watch I'm sure. I mean here I have a kid squirming on my knee. At 2 years old he's trying his best to be "helpful" which means bending at odd positions, getting hands in the way and insisting on clicking the buckles himself. I'm 6'3" so in a lunge position I take up a fair amount of space and I'm hard to miss and to see 5 or 6 people crammed on the bench all booted up and ready with nothing to do just watching me is kind of funny. I mean now that I've brought it up I'd encourage people to go do it on purpose just to see. Comical really, but I've gotten pretty efficient at it so maybe not so much as it used to be.

It's not that big a deal. Perhaps I'm a bit stiff (likely evident in my skiing!)? The main sitting area (near the bar) would be more accessible and comfortable if the larger tables were replaced by smaller, taller tables and families were directed to sit in the annex.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbarka View Post
    Whatever happened to the portable beer cart they used to bring up at the end of the day? Located over near the Sleeper Room, by the water cooler, was a great idea. No waiting in lines at CRP, No loud environment where you can't hear each other talk about the days exploits, Plenty of seating. Just perfect. Right when you needed it!
    That did work well. The disappearance is a mystery. I think I spotted cans of beer and little wine bottles in the cooler in the main cafeteria. So I think you can still get a beer upstairs.

If I were in charge, I'd deploy that portable beer cart in the old Wunderbar, the lower level of the Valley House. Nice big space, nice 1980's mural, bathroom close by. it would be ideal for busy Saturdays. Maybe roll it out to the patio near the VH Double for spring skiing and pond skimming. Maybe that is too complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourwide View Post
    It's not that big a deal. Perhaps I'm a bit stiff (likely evident in my skiing!)? The main sitting area (near the bar) would be more accessible and comfortable if the larger tables were replaced by smaller, taller tables and families were directed to sit in the annex.
    Those big tables all have fold up extensions that make them round. all they would have to do to make them smaller is fold down the extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by southvillager View Post
    That did work well. The disappearance is a mystery. I think I spotted cans of beer and little wine bottles in the cooler in the main cafeteria. So I think you can still get a beer upstairs.

If I were in charge, I'd deploy that portable beer cart in the old Wunderbar, the lower level of the Valley House. Nice big space, nice 1980's mural, bathroom close by. it would be ideal for busy Saturdays. Maybe roll it out to the patio near the VH Double for spring skiing and pond skimming. Maybe that is too complicated.
    They do sell beer in the cafeteria, obviously not on tap, but bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Figure View Post
    I was not the first to mention the PTP and we have been extremely disappointed in the lodge food. Two years ago it was the Irish Natchos" that were somehow served both burnt and cold. And last years $8 regular natchos that were at least warm but was also the smallest plate I have seen in 55 years and not very tasty.

Here we have someone who whined for 3 months because his kid couldn't get a free plastic pass and a few posts back complaining someone wouldn't give up their seat in the boot room for him and his squirt. Now he calls me out because I complain about seat hoggers and kids [worst offenders appox 11-14 yo]and that I am not entitled to a seat and should arrive earlier.
    I guess everyone has their things they feel entitled to.
    I think the lodge food is pretty good. Not cheap obviously but certainly better than average. We've had many guests who have all been pleased with the food. I never tried the irish nachos (sounded like a bad concept) but the wings, chili, burgers and salads are good.

Quote Originally Posted by angler View Post
    I was using BYO as Buy Your Own since you can actually walk in and buy a beer. A little off humor. Anyway I love the Fat Daddy!
    Sorry, I obviously thought you meant "Bring you own" as in BYOB. I agree about the fat daddy. Actually I love all their stuff and switch it up frequently. Fish tacos have been my favorite of late. Also the Carnitas filling is kick A$$ and the beer selection for a small place is top notch. YUMMMMM!!!! Now I need to go to lunch. See what you did.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    I think the lodge food is pretty good. Not cheap obviously but certainly better than average. We've had many guests who have all been pleased with the food. I never tried the irish nachos (sounded like a bad concept) but the wings, chili, burgers and salads are good.
    I agree with Howie, I like most of the food. The pizza, chowder, chili and soups are good. Also the Jerk chicken wings at the CR Pub are an apre staple. That seasoning is real good. I usually do not do any of the fried food or Burgers but they appear to be OK. When I was Sunday River a couple of weeks ago the food there was way below what we have at SB. Smaller and the items I had were cold and flat tasting.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Sorry, I obviously thought you meant "Bring you own" as in BYOB. I agree about the fat daddy. Actually I love all their stuff and switch it up frequently. Fish tacos have been my favorite of late. Also the Carnitas filling is kick A$$ and the beer selection for a small place is top notch. YUMMMMM!!!! Now I need to go to lunch. See what you did.
    yeah the mad taco is awesome all around.