Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    FWIW, they did give free child passes for anyone under 7 (or something like that) with each all mtn pass purchased in Sept/Oct. My 3 yo's was free

I really don't understand what you are taking about. The fact is that we have made more snow at this point in the season than ever since buying the mountain. We can't make snow where there is no snowmking and we aren't going to put snow on placed like Castlerock. In my opinion, the snomaking team has done and excellent job as have the groomers and the vast number of our guests tell me that.

Well I guess you have the numbers in front of you so you would be in the know of volume of snow. No one can question that.

However the comparison we are making is to other ski areas, the quantity and quality of snow that is made there. I'm sorry but there is a huge difference in both compared to other mountains. Can't even get into a quantity game with other mountains because it's not even close and investments to try and compete haven't been made.

With quality, well. I don't know what to say. No one is arguing that your team isn't working hard and it sucks to have to say it because no one wants to have their work picked apart, and I recognize you have to stand up for your team, but the fact is the quality of snow that is made, when it is made, is not on par with other eastern resorts. You no doubt have spent countless days at your competitors, likely when they are making is snow like Pacman Jones making it rain. Light snow coming down that's soft underfoot. Not wet glop in the face and giant swales that look like the mountain top in Whoville where the Grinch lives.

As for making snow where there is no snowmaking? I'm not sure anyone asked for that. Not sure how you would do it. Just asking for better and more snow to be made where there are already lines. As for Castlerock? No way anyone asked for that. I think they just asked for some to be pushed down to the waiting area and run out. If they asked otherwise we'll grab the pitchforks and have a "talking' to them.

While I was standing in line at SB the other day with GH down for the second time that day and SB went down I had a lot of time to hear other people's sentiments. Sadly none were about how excellent it was. I'm sorry to say it and it's hard to hear, but it's possible that what people say to you in person to be polite may not mirror actual opinion. You stuck around and read while we showered accolades. I would encourage you to stay around and hear what people have to say now. The feedback is just as relevant and accurate now as it was before. Perhaps we've all had a shot of Johnny Courage hiding behind the internet and pent up aggression due to the conditions so maybe we can tone down the angst a bit, but the underlying issues remain.

Quote Originally Posted by MntMan4Bush View Post
    Well I guess you have the numbers in front of you so you would be in the know of volume of snow. No one can question that.

However the comparison we are making is to other ski areas, the quantity and quality of snow that is made there. I'm sorry but there is a huge difference in both compared to other mountains. Can't even get into a quantity game with other mountains because it's not even close and investments to try and compete haven't been made.

With quality, well. I don't know what to say. No one is arguing that your team isn't working hard and it sucks to have to say it because no one wants to have their work picked apart, and I recognize you have to stand up for your team, but the fact is the quality of snow that is made, when it is made, is not on par with other eastern resorts. You no doubt have spent countless days at your competitors, likely when they are making is snow like Pacman Jones making it rain. Light snow coming down that's soft underfoot. Not wet glop in the face and giant swales that look like the mountain top in Whoville where the Grinch lives.

As for making snow where there is no snowmaking? I'm not sure anyone asked for that. Not sure how you would do it. Just asking for better and more snow to be made where there are already lines. As for Castlerock? No way anyone asked for that. I think they just asked for some to be pushed down to the waiting area and run out. If they asked otherwise we'll grab the pitchforks and have a "talking' to them.

While I was standing in line at SB the other day with GH down for the second time that day and SB went down I had a lot of time to hear other people's sentiments. Sadly none were about how excellent it was. I'm sorry to say it and it's hard to hear, but it's possible that what people say to you in person to be polite may not mirror actual opinion. You stuck around and read while we showered accolades. I would encourage you to stay around and hear what people have to say now. The feedback is just as relevant and accurate now as it was before. Perhaps we've all had a shot of Johnny Courage hiding behind the internet and pent up aggression due to the conditions so maybe we can tone down the angst a bit, but the underlying issues remain.
    Well said! I wonder if management has gone to visit their competitors? If they have I'm not sure how anyone on that team could argue with a straight face that SB is on par with the other mountains we were talking about when it comes to the lift situation and snowmaking. Its not on the same planet......
    Last edited by angler; 02-03-2014 at 05:09 PM.

Anyone notice the broken waterline for the snow making system at the bottom of Steins on Saturday morning? I saw that one gushing water. Also riding VH, it looked like one let loose in the woods to left down low, did not see that one gushing but the snow was carved out by what appeared to be a high flow of water. Could be just bad luck?