Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Shady has a better grasp on how things look at the top, but they have put out some good snow at the base. If they have had anywhere near that production at the top (should be better), then I would be surprised if OG doesn't open sooner rather than later.

I don't know. I was up there on Sunday and it was wall to wall and 3 feet deep. That is my first hand report. That is why I think the Rain glazed it over. I would think they have the guns on Jester and the lower portion of the mountain and will switch over today if they can. RD you have to remember, this is not Sunday River. They can only blow one trail section at a time.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Delaware ? View Post
    Shady has a better grasp on how things look at the top, but they have put out some good snow at the base. If they have had anywhere near that production at the top (should be better), then I would be surprised if OG doesn't open sooner rather than later.
    under promise and over deliver. I'll bet OG is open saturday.

I think I need to go to the eye doctor......because I just can see going to work tomorrow. Just made the decision. Headed up in the morning.

Win's other post says Jester and Downspout groomed with OG au naturale. Season is upon us.

So how is it out there, folks? Parking lot looked packed when I drove by a couple hours ago... cars parked in both the main lot and the lot across the road, halfway down to the compressor building.

Not going to get a chance to do some product testing til Tuesday, but just wondering how's the snow we've been making? Temps should be really good tonight and tomorrow for production.

great on lower downspout, upper jester and coffee run. Some ice on Downspout and upper organgrinder. Upper grinder has not been groomed yet. downspout was bumped up by 10:30

Another great day yesterday. Friday was excellent. Soft and creamy and it was fun to have the First FSC (Friday Ski Club) of the year. Yesterday was "technical" skiing by afternoon. The edges were the place to be. This morning it is 9 degrees and snowing pretty good. Windy as heck and the 4-5" report will be underdone by the time lifts spin if they actually do.

Super cold yesterday. Did some laps in the morning. I got white patches on my nose and cheek. Temp at the top was -4 and windy. BRRRRR..... I hope this storm hits tomorrow night and Wednesday.....

It will be a roller coast ride this week. We have had very good snowmaking temperatures so we have been able to get guns on Domino Chutes, Lower Jester and Lower Organgrinder on the Bravo pod as well as Pushover, Easy Rider, and the Beginner areas around the Gatehouse so we can have variety for all abilities over Thanksgiving. Inverness at ME is almost done so that GMVS will have the only dedicated race trail around. The acreage there is huge so it takes a concentrated effort to get it open for race gates. That is a big deal for them. It looks like we will get some snow but Tuesday night and Wednesday it looks to be changing to sleet, freezing rain and then a heavy amount of rain and higher temperatures before turning back to snow and very cold late Wednesday into Thursday. The upper mountain should hold up and we have our fingers crossed for all the snow we have made lower down. You never know until it gets here, but I am confident we will have good skiing and riding this weekend.

Congrats on the season opening Win, hoping you guys have a great year!
    Welcome to SkiMRV!

when should the the trails that are currently having snow made on them be ready to open? What is the plan after these trails have enough snow on them?

I love these updates from win. Thank you! Please let us know how this weather event turns out up there as we're considering coming up for the weekend. Also, thanks for making SB such a great value, including a youth pass with an adult pass sealed the deal for us when choosing a mountain.

Well it looks to be snow - then R*&$ - then Snow again. Hopefully in the end it is a net gain and it freezes hard for a good base. I guess that is about as positive as I can be for today.

So, what's the verdict? Was it a flash freeze? How is it looking up there?