Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Better get used to it boys. Those 4 packs did exactly what they management wanted. They boosed the skier visits for sure. I think that the opening of Mt Ellen will make things better.

I hope North Linx stays closed for a while. We need the base snow in slidebrook to consolidate. Personnaly I think all the early openings on the trails hammers the little base we have down to dirt and ruins the trails for the year. They never have the chance to build good coverage to hide the rocks and stumps so they show up after every storm. Spills is one thing. It is mostly grassy. But the runs on Castlerock are very rocky. I share this opinion with every one I ski.
    I think some good solid base that binds to a frozen surface can handle traffic. We don't really have that yet. Maybe we get lucky this weekend and pull off a net gain.

Better get used to it boys. Those 4 packs did exactly what they management wanted. They boosed the skier visits for sure. I think that the opening of Mt Ellen will make things better.

I hope North Linx stays closed for a while. We need the base snow in slidebrook to consolidate. Personnaly I think all the early openings on the trails hammers the little base we have down to dirt and ruins the trails for the year. They never have the chance to build good coverage to hide the rocks and stumps so they show up after every storm. Spills is one thing. It is mostly grassy. But the runs on Castlerock are very rocky. I share this opinion with every one I ski.
    I think some good solid base that binds to a frozen surface can handle traffic. We don't really have that yet. Maybe we get lucky this weekend and pull off a net gain.

As I have said in the past, if all 16 of the lifts are running the lines are rarely longer than 10 minutes with the exception of Castlerock. The web cams are useful tools to let you see where the lines are, and riding Slidebrook over to ME is always a good idea on busy days. We plan to run in every day when we can. As far as seating in the lodges, we have added more seats in all the lodges and provided more variety in the Valley House hoping more people will go up there. We have also made a room for the Blazers in the Valley House which will provide more seating for others in the gate House.

Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    As I have said in the past, if all 16 of the lifts are running the lines are rarely longer than 10 minutes with the exception of Castlerock. The web cams are useful tools to let you see where the lines are, and riding Slidebrook over to ME is always a good idea on busy days. We plan to run in every day when we can. As far as seating in the lodges, we have added more seats in all the lodges and provided more variety in the Valley House hoping more people will go up there. We have also made a room for the Blazers in the Valley House which will provide more seating for others in the gate House.
    I hope the blazers in the valley house works. That was tried a couple of seasons ago but kind of fell apart because the kids and coaches didn't want to eat up there. Vh is set up better now, although I haven't been there I've heard the food isn't on par with the gatehouse, specifically the pizza and marc/cheese.

The issues with the lifts isn't when they are all running. It's when the upper mtn lifts aren't and funneling all traffic to the super bravo. Having a new triple vh lift would do the trick. Wish I had one, but I checked the garage and I'm a few parts short. Maybe santa can drop one down the chimney.

We had better ask Santa for parts for the HG lift motor. If he doesn't bring them then it's going to be a long week next week.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

We had better ask Santa for parts for the HG lift motor. If he doesn't bring them then it's going to be a long week next week.
    maybe we should ask for a new lift maintenance dept Oh sorry we just got that

Freezing Rain and Ice accumulation last night. Today the temps are rising and the ice is now gone. Right now 45 deg. at 1800 ft. The lifts are spinning. I would think now is the time to ski befor the temps drop.

Freezing Rain and Ice accumulation last night. Today the temps are rising and the ice is now gone. Right now 45 deg. at 1800 ft. The lifts are spinning. I would think now is the time to ski befor the temps drop.
    There was a lull but now it's a heavier rain. Temp had dipped to 28 at 1600' but back up around freezing.

HG lift should reopen Tuesday and Wednesday

Oh so Santa is bringing the parts. Very nice of him.

He already delivered them and got his cookies and miilk.

Fwiw- I don't know if any of you got out there today, but big thanks to the groomers and snow makers. I was expecting a horror show, but it was more than passable. Good snow where they were blowing and the rest of the groomed terrain was fine. Expect bird land groomed out tonight, and hoping they are done resurfacing tomorrow and can start on getting north lynx open.

Murphy's Law hit. When we were installing the motor yesterday afternoon on HG, we discovered a hairline crack on the QD brushing through which the axle goes to the motor. While the lift would have run, our mechanics mad the proper call to not take the risk and have the entire part fracture. No one was around Christmas Eve or today to get it repaired or replaced. We thought that we might be able to use the one from Summit and took it out but the diameter is slightly off so that did not work, and that is why Summit was down today. It is a common part, so we can get one here once people open for business tomorrow. We are also calling around to all our resort friends to see if they have a spare to borrow. I am sorry again for the delay in getting it back open. The only fortunate thing is that we discovered the crack now and if we had not taken the motor out would not have until it broke. The fracture was likely caused by the vibration from the bearing issue that affected the motor.

Howie, thank you for your comments. Our mountain team is indeed doing a great job and each night of grooming with improve it further. We are making snow at LP on Sleeper, Snowball, Steins and parts of Spring Fling while the temps are cold at the base. We will likely be moving up to North Lynx tomorrow afternoon so that we can hopefully get NL open by the weekend.

I was pleasantly surprised by the conditions today, given the rain last weekend and the cool down the past few days.

We caught one of the first chairs at Gate House this morning, and the corduroy was really nice - not icy at all. Later in the morning, it was still skiing well. Off of Bravo, Murphys and Birdland were very edgeable. The mountain Ops team has done a great job with what has been thrown at us the past week.

Part for HG is in Milton, MA. Need to get it up here and it is a quick installation.
    Last edited by win; 12-26-2013 at 11:05 AM.