Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

And so it begins 2013

So how much snow fell at lp?
    Mansfield got a nice accumulation.

Howie, we arrived on Friday night to light snow showers. It actually snowed, sleeted, Graupled, Rained all weekend off and on. The mountain was white all the way down to about 100 yds from the bottom. I heard that some people actually skied up high at MRG and North.

We actually shot down to Killington on Saturday morning early. I was very surprised that it was not a total Sh*# Show. Believe it or not it was pretty chill for that place. They had Great Northern open from the top down to the Glades Triple with 3 runs off that chair including a small park with rails and elements. Lift line wait ranged from a couple of minutes to about 8 minutes max. Not bad at all. We did about 20 runs from 8:30 to noon and called it a day. There were a bunch of Sugarbush people we saw. At the end we had to take the stairway to heaven back to the gondola. That was not bad at all and we got some tremendous views as the sun peaked out. All in all it was very fun and a great opening day for us spent with friends.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Howie, we arrived on Friday night to light snow showers. It actually snowed, sleeted, Graupled, Rained all weekend off and on. The mountain was white all the way down to about 100 yds from the bottom. I heard that some people actually skied up high at MRG and North.

We actually shot down to Killington on Saturday morning early. I was very surprised that it was not a total Sh*# Show. Believe it or not it was pretty chill for that place. They had Great Northern open from the top down to the Glades Triple with 3 runs off that chair including a small park with rails and elements. Lift line wait ranged from a couple of minutes to about 8 minutes max. Not bad at all. We did about 20 runs from 8:30 to noon and called it a day. There were a bunch of Sugarbush people we saw. At the end we had to take the stairway to heaven back to the gondola. That was not bad at all and we got some tremendous views as the sun peaked out. All in all it was very fun and a great opening day for us spent with friends.
    glad to hear you got some. we'll be up this weekend. u around or SR?

Undetermined. We may be up if I don't get side tracked with home projects. I will let you know. Temps should be good all week and then a warm up. Could be soft bumps.

I actually am looking forward to the possibility of biking on Saturday if the weather is amenable.

The trails are in Good shape. I ton of work was done this year.

So, the projected start of snowmaking at SB is always Nov. 1. There are some cold temps coming Sunday/Monday, especially at elevation, but another slight warmup on Wed/Thurs. Do you think they will wait until after then, or assume the risk and start laying down a solid base at the top for when sustained cold temps arrive?

Additionally, is anybody around here very good with a topo map? I've been trying to figure out the approximate elevations for the intersection of the access road and 100, and Trailside II so that I can give accurate reports whenever I write a trip report or someone asks where the snow level is. Thanks in advance if anyone has the skills or time to make that happen.

Pretty close to 820' elevation at the intersection of the access road and 100. Not sure where Trailside II is. If it's at the intersection of Trailside Drive and SB Village Rd., then you're right around 1700' on the nose.

you can use google earth to give u the elevation.

Last night I stepped out onto the deck for a little fresh air and heard that familiar SHHHHHHHH.... noise. The snowmaking guns are on my friends. I just love the sounds of winter beginning.

Last night I stepped out onto the deck for a little fresh air and heard that familiar SHHHHHHHH.... noise. The snowmaking guns are on my friends. I just love the sounds of winter beginning.
    Awesome news Hawk!!! 2 solid days of around the clock snowmaking, especially at the top should give them a good start. Only a couple weeks now!!!

Confirmed. Blasting on jester now. Snowed a little last night too.

Was just up at the mountain about an hour ago. Guns are definitely on, but I'm going off sound, not visual. Nothing down low, but it sounded closer than just the top. Saw a groomer moving around in the yard, but I don't know if he's headed toward the top or just repositioning. I can't imagine they want to groom anything out with the little warm spell coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Delaware ? View Post
    Was just up at the mountain about an hour ago. Guns are definitely on, but I'm going off sound, not visual. Nothing down low, but it sounded closer than just the top. Saw a groomer moving around in the yard, but I don't know if he's headed toward the top or just repositioning. I can't imagine they want to groom anything out with the little warm spell coming.
    I could see them blowing on jester down to Alyn's.

forecast for the next 2 weeks is not great.