Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skimore View Post
    Opening day 2012 11/17/13, so we are one week latter than last year, we loose one week of skiing, based on a 23 week season in lieu of a 24 week season, season passes cost 4.3% more. Extra week of blowing, we should have more open than last year on opening day, right?
    depends on the weather, really. After today, temperatures are not conducive to snow making at least until early next week.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    depends on the weather, really. After today, temperatures are not conducive to snow making at least until early next week.
    With the current forecast after today only showing marginal snowmaking conditions at the base, I would imagine that the only way there would be more terrain is if they concentrate on a couple more trails at the top where the conditions may be a little more favorable.

Chomping at the bit to get out early is always a recurring point of November ski season discussions. And I always get on that band wagon. This season I am opting for quality over quantity. Hopefully, soon enough and throughout this season, everybody will get enough Q&Q to satisfy their ski jonesing!
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Baaa-humbug Stan!!!! I want to ski at my home mountain. No excusses.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Agreed. Regardless of terrain, it would be nice to save the hour drive down to KMart. If the schedule works out this week however, I may see myself at K on Sunday. Its easier to satisfy the jones than fight it.

I hear ya bro!
    I'm jacked up and ready to roll.

On a positive note, since they are not opening, I assume they will leave the man made snow in whales which will preserve it better. Forecast is for moderately warm temps from Thursday through Tuesday which should be too damaging but then a soaker before it gets cold again.

I'm going to hike up on Sunday and do a recon of the "production". Last Sunday we saw a snow boarder come down all the way to Coffee Run. He said that "they are getting there". Not sure what that means. Another cold shot comming late next week it looks.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

I'm going to hike up on Sunday and do a recon of the "production". Last Sunday we saw a snow boarder come down all the way to Coffee Run. He said that "they are getting there". Not sure what that means. Another cold shot comming late next week it looks.
    hiked up yesterday skied all the way down (north) from what i understand they could open this weekend lets see what win says today they are top to bottom

Headed back to Killington Saturday. Top to bottom on 16 trials via Snowdon, Skye Peak and the Gondola. That is 3 areas and two ways to the bottom. We can't even do one run. So sad. Sorry Shady.
    Sugarbush is nice ... when it's open !
    Snow envy seems to be the rule of thumb in this valley.
    Getting tired of buying pass for less of a season here.
    The SB panache is becoming a mirage, not an oasis (my bad ... je m'excuse)
    Last edited by JayBird; 11-14-2013 at 03:25 PM.
    OK ... but No Fat Trackin'

Quote Originally Posted by JayBird View Post
    Sugarbush is nice ... when it's open !
    Snow envy seems to be the rule of thumb in this valley.
    Getting tired of buying pass for less of a season here.
    The SB panache is becoming an oasis.
    i would prefer to be on an oasis for a shorter period of time than in a jungle ad infinitum.
    Last edited by gostan; 11-14-2013 at 09:58 AM.
    Stan

Stowe is opening for passholders on saturday.

$$$ buys snowmaking.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Stowe is opening for passholders on saturday.
    Howie not surprising at all. http://www.worldsnowboardguide.com/n...making1314.cfm
    Stan

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    Impressive fire power:

Add that to the 4.7 million invested last summer for a two year total that includes; 445 HKD tower guns, 150 energy efficient land guns, 20 Super Pole Cat fan guns and another seven miles of new snowmaking pipe. In addition to supplementing superlative snowmaking, the improvements allow Stowe Mountain Resort to operate with greater energy efficiency and eliminate over 100,000 gallons of diesel storage, use and emissions. From a skier’s standpoint, the new snowmaking increases potential for more early season terrain, raise overall snow quality and allows mountain operations to resurface the mountain quickly. Stowe Mountain Resort is scheduled to open November 23.

I think Stowe is the place to be early season based upon snowmaking, terrain, and natural snowfall. They should be able to provide substantial terrain and quality conditions for Christmas/New Year's in all circumstances except for ridiculously warm temps.

And look what was available at Jay Tues/Wed with a little bit of sweat

Stan