Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    Part for HG is in Milton, MA. Need to get it up here and it is a quick installation.
    when will it be installed.

Tonight or first thing in the AM, so hopefully it will be ready to go tomorrow. Grooming Upper Organgrinder in anticipation of this and probably Ripcord tomorrow night.

OG was great this morning....and RC on skiers right was not bad when I skied it in the afternoon. Overall, the skiing has been really good considering all the rain last weekend. Kudos to mountain ops for a fantastic recovery effort.

Quote Originally Posted by ReefBum View Post
    OG was great this morning....and RC on skiers right was not bad when I skied it in the afternoon. Overall, the skiing has been really good considering all the rain last weekend. Kudos to mountain ops for a fantastic recovery effort.
    so when will the north ridge spin this year ?

Good long stretch of skiing for me. My legs are toast. That rain we got before and during the new snow did not help matters on the lower mountain. Upper mountain was skiing well I thought. They realy need to fire up the guns and give most trails a resurface to make things nice. But it looks like Mother Nature is going to bail us out once again. I don't know what kind of deal Win has with her but she sure shows up when we need her. In the words of Henry Borell......"Pray for Snow" - (Insert French Accent)
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

12/31 update. All the intermediate trails on the lower mountain were unskiable by 10:30 or 11AM for intermediate skiers. The inch or 2 of groomed corduroy was skied off after a couple hours, leaving enormous fields of un-edgable surface (ice/hard pack/groomer tracks) on downspout, snowball, lower OG and lower Jester, spring fling, pushover, you name it. I just don't get it.

Dust on crust. No surprises I guess.

We skied 29th and 30th. 29th was enjoyable once we left LP and got to Ellen. LP lift lines were just too much when skiing with a 6 yr old and two 10 yr olds. After skiing the hard pack on the 30th I just didn't feel like spending the dough. I am perplexed at several things things after this weekend… Why no snow making on the upper part of Sleeper to avoid the Chutes? This rendered the entire Sleeper trail a black diamond trail, preventing skiers from further spreading out. With limited options for green/blue skiers at Sugarbush in general, I would think this would be a priority. Over at ME, I was shocked to see that snowmaking had only been made on Mainstream causing a dangerous bottleneck as you approached the bottom of the Northridge. Years ago I remember a snowmaker had a name for that area. It looked like they could have easily extended snowmaking off to the left of the bottleneck. Lastly, I understand about the flash freeze on Sunday night but why no grooming in the AM and blowing a litte dust on as many runs as possible, instead of trying to open new terrain? If I had seen that happening on Monday, I probably would've been encouraged to spend $230 on lift tickets the next day.

Skied ME today (1/1). Elbow and Northstar have nice snow due to snowmaking. Exterminator was good with natural snow. Didn't really enjoy the hardpack everywhere else. It was a cold day and it's only going to get colder!

I skied LP until noon today, and things were much improved. Sleeper was exceptional. Didn't ski waterfall, but people were carving turns on it. Spring Fling had nice cover, Snowball was marginal. Trails that were unskiable yesterday (DeathSpout, Lower OG and Jester) had guns going, and the results were strong. North Lynx was all whales, but skiable as diamond trails, and pretty fun. The Funnel of Future Fatality under the top of the double was skiable until noon, not sure if it held up much longer.

The crowds were non-existent, which may explain the better trail conditions.

i do not believe the section of sleeper that bypasses sleeper chutes has snowmaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    i do not believe the section of sleeper that bypasses sleeper chutes has snowmaking.
    Correct. The uppermost jughandle has no snowmaking, despite the fact that it shows as having snowmaking on the trail map.

Mt Ellen was much better today, the falling snow really freshened things up. Lapped Exterminator to Northstar most of the day. Hoping they can drop some ropes tomorrow at ME with what we're getting tonight. I need an incentive to brave those temps.

Great skiing today, especially lower exterminator, but I was really hoping they would open hammerhead/tumbler/encore. Guess they need a bit more snow than we got.

Figures, the open them today and I'm going home.

You should have just skied them. These guys open everything way early anyway.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!