Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    why is heavens gate close and all the trails off of heavens gate closed?
    it was on Win hold

I assumed something different because usually when a lift is on wind hold the trails remain marked as open on the web site.

Temps look good for snowmaking all week. Hopefully they can knock off, murphys, snowball and spring fling and move on to north lynx. would be great to have NL open prior to xmas.

They are saying another 3-4" ! Keep it coming.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

We need some help this weekend to bring this thing north a bit.

Well Howie this is looking up as far as I can tell. We had 4-5" between yesterday and the day before, we are expecting another 4+" tonight with some upslope predicted and they are saying right now upwards of a foot Saturday night into Sunday. I am Stoked!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Well Howie this is looking up as far as I can tell. We had 4-5" between yesterday and the day before, we are expecting another 4+" tonight with some upslope predicted and they are saying right now upwards of a foot Saturday night into Sunday. I am Stoked!
    I'd be more than satisfied with a foot from the weekend system. my understanding is that as it stands now, that is overly optimistic. either way, conditions this weekend should be fantastic.

fwiw-looks like they turned some guns on spring fling.

http://www.mountain-forecast.com/pea...forecasts/1212

Howie, I hope this forecast for Saturday is off by at least 50% more than predicted. Take a run or 3 for me please.
    Last edited by gostan; 12-11-2013 at 05:50 PM.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    http://www.mountain-forecast.com/pea...forecasts/1212

Howie, I hope this forecast for Saturday is off by at least 50% more than predicted. Take a run or 3 for me please.
    Will do. You'll be out there before you know it. Hope you're feeling well.

Fwiw-the weekend system is becoming less interesting with each model run.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post

fwiw-looks like they turned some guns on spring fling.

We lit up Spring Fling last night, so that and Snowball are running on VH side, with the Gate House liftline also running. I believe Murphy's and Birdland are next, along with Sleeper. Continued cold temps right through the rest of the week and into the weekend should put us in really good shape. Add natural to the mix and everybody's happy.

So the snow report showing that they have been blowing snow on Murphy's, Spring Fling and Snowball for the last 3 days was inacurate. Whatever! It's gonna snow. Screw your model runs Howie!!!!!

They were blowing on snowball for a couple of days before they started on spring fling. I'd expect those trails open on Saturday.
    Very light snow this week and whatever we get Saturday night will be the fluffiest. So doubt it provides the necessary base for natural snow trails.

Headed up in the morning for FSC!!!! I will let you know how it was.

Rode VHT-Snowball-Spring Fling today, along with a pair of Hot Shot-Waterfall runs. I gotta say that Hot Shot-Waterfall was truly excellent. I have never ridden a trail with active snowmaking on it that was so nice and soft. In regards to Murphy's running earlier in the week or last weekend, only the top couple guns were on, in order to cover the traverse. Actual Valley House Traverse hydrants don't start until you get past Murphy's, so the top few guns on Birdland and Murphy's provide the necessary coverage between top of Bravo and Murphy's.

I guess its similar to the Middle Jester/Lower Jester situation, where the snow report says Lower Jester is open on Day 1, even though its only open from Castlerock, down. In the world of snowmaking, there is Middle Jester and Lower Jester. Middle Jester begins just past Domino Chute and continues until the last point where MJ crosses Lower OG. Then it officially becomes Lower Jester. Confusing to some, since Middle Jester doesn't appear on any trail maps. Neither does "Forbidden Jester", either.

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay View Post
    Rode VHT-Snowball-Spring Fling today, along with a pair of Hot Shot-Waterfall runs. I gotta say that Hot Shot-Waterfall was truly excellent. I have never ridden a trail with active snowmaking on it that was so nice and soft. In regards to Murphy's running earlier in the week or last weekend, only the top couple guns were on, in order to cover the traverse. Actual Valley House Traverse hydrants don't start until you get past Murphy's, so the top few guns on Birdland and Murphy's provide the necessary coverage between top of Bravo and Murphy's.

I guess its similar to the Middle Jester/Lower Jester situation, where the snow report says Lower Jester is open on Day 1, even though its only open from Castlerock, down. In the world of snowmaking, there is Middle Jester and Lower Jester. Middle Jester begins just past Domino Chute and continues until the last point where MJ crosses Lower OG. Then it officially becomes Lower Jester. Confusing to some, since Middle Jester doesn't appear on any trail maps. Neither does "Forbidden Jester", either.
    so I was on springfling yesterday snow guns on 9 degrees and my googles were getting covered from wet guns it seems like every time i ski under the snow guns there are always 1 or 3 that are putting out water at any temp can anything be done by the way that means icy trails after there off