Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    There was definitely some liquid precipitation yesterday, but it was done by 12:30 and temps dropped below freezing over most of the mountain by 2. It locked up a bit, but it was accompanied with some snow that really helped the recovery. Snow guns were blasting all day today on new terrain. Lower Jester and Domino Chute opened as well. Things were good early, but got a little scratchy later on. Groomers are out in force and they should be able to make it a bit better by tomorrow morning. Things are looking great and it looks like winter has finally arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Delaware ? View Post
    There was definitely some liquid precipitation yesterday, but it was done by 12:30 and temps dropped below freezing over most of the mountain by 2. It locked up a bit, but it was accompanied with some snow that really helped the recovery. Snow guns were blasting all day today on new terrain. Lower Jester and Domino Chute opened as well. Things were good early, but got a little scratchy later on. Groomers are out in force and they should be able to make it a bit better by tomorrow morning. Things are looking great and it looks like winter has finally arrived.
    I thought conditions were great before I called it a day at 1. Certain natural snow trails were skiable, from what I understand, not that I would know from personal experience. Not at all. It was a very happy holiday.
    Oh and win was manning the turkey station.

Nice Howie. Give me a call T and I need a partner in crime. I will pm my #.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

When should ripcord open. today the section not under the lift was good. The very top appeared to be realy badly windblown and the run-out had some bad water-bars. Other than that it appeared to be fine.

We're making snow on Ripcord ... I think they fired it up today at some point. If these temps keep up, it won't take long to get it in really good shape.

Are they still making snow on all of lower organ grinder and gondolier?

They lit up ripcord around 1-2 this afternoon. It'll be next online. Shouldn't take long. Lower OG & gondolier were still being hit at 3 this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by teleo View Post
    They lit up ripcord around 1-2 this afternoon. It'll be next online. Shouldn't take long. Lower OG & gondolier were still being hit at 3 this afternoon.
    Judging by the size of the whales, they are done on those trails. Next up ripcord where there is a lot of area to cover.

Bike trails skied nice today. Not too shabby for November.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Judging by the size of the whales, they are done on those trails. Next up ripcord where there is a lot of area to cover.

Bike trails skied nice today. Not too shabby for November.
    Heading up for the first time this week! What's next on the snowmaking agenda? Having Ripcord open is a game changer as I wasn't prepared to use one of my quad pack tix, but perhaps.....

Lower OG and Gondolier benefited greatly from two nights of really cold temps. Some of those whales are at least 10' tall. Seeing the difference between 7pm on Saturday and 7am Sunday was truly incredible. We shut both those trails off last night at around 8pm. They'll get pushed out within a few days I'm sure - same goes for Pushover, Sugarbear Road, etc. As for what's next? It's anybody's guess, but when temps are warmer down below, we'll be up high (Ripcord, OG), and if we have base temps, then probably back over to Gate House side. Valley House was set up last night so that could be in the cards soon as well, though Snowball and Spring Fling require a lot of snow.

Skied yesterday and the conditions were pretty good. Run of the day was spillsville which looked very thin and rocky but was actually quite good. Lower OG was fun too.

Thanks Shady for the update. I'm ready to hit the slopes so will probably ski this week. Just trying to figure out which day is best.

D.

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sugarbushskier View Post
    Thanks Shady for the update. I'm ready to hit the slopes so will probably ski this week. Just trying to figure out which day is best.

D.
    Wouldn't any day skiing, and not working be best?

Quote Originally Posted by Brew Ski View Post
    Wouldn't any day skiing, and not working be best?
    Absolutely! But with only 2 quad packs to use, I'm trying to be smart about how/when I use them. I'm hoping for the $30 MT Ellen Thursdays and also just got a 2 fer for MRG via the Ski and Ride program at gas stations. With multiple people in my family skiing, it adds up fast.

So as it turned out, I did ski yesterday (Wednesday) and had a blast. First day out, but took full advantage of the 2 lifts and found a way to very much enjoy different trail connections. Skied them all and also used the SB tracking for the first time ever. Pretty cool looking back and seeing where I skied. 4.25 hours straight, 23+k vertical. All in all and good first day of the season as the conditions and snow cover were excellent. Kudos to all the snowmakers and groomers.

why is heavens gate close and all the trails off of heavens gate closed?