Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Speaking of sweat, I can see part of snowball from my house, and last night at about 9pm, I saw 8-10 headlamps either hiking or skinning up.

Saw the headlamps too, also at Mt Ellen. Exciting, lots of action.

Watch out today, peeps, first day of deer hunting rifle season for adults. There will be hunters in and around the resort, for sure. Wear orange if you have it, especially for dogs.

Any news on the snow base? It going to hold up during this event? I'm still hoping for a t2b opening with Tus/Wed looking like possible around the clock days.

Base almost gone at 1800' in my yard. Roads muddy in Upper Village. Supposed to be back cold by Tuesday after some rain Mon. Still white on trails. My daughter hiked and did some runs today. She was happy.

On Sunday mid-day we went all the way to the top. Temps were in the 40's and no rain until about 2:30ish and then it was just light mist and light rain. I have to report that the coverage on coffee run, lower Jester and Lower Donwnspout from the bottom of HG lift are wall to wall and faily substancial. Skiing to the bottom as of yesterday would not be an issue. I thnk there is enough there to withstand the rain this week. The main section of Downspout, all of Jester and all of upper organgrinder are wall to wall. No issues at all. They could have easily opened Saturday and Sunday if they wanted to. Upper Organgrinder is looking the best I have seen in recent years for early season coverage. Also the coverage is uniform it seems. No big mounds. They may have groomed it already and put more snow over it. It looked good.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Sadly, it's pretty grim right now; 50 and hard rain but looks sleety - maybe cold higher up. Upper OG is still covered but the rest is gone from my view below (assume Jester is fine). Cold again tomorrow. Can the snow makers make it by Sat with the right temps?

It rained like crazy early this morning. It's cloudy now but the sun is trying to peak out. I would assume that temps will plummet as soon as the front passes. Snowmaking should resume tonight in some capacity.

I can assure you that this rain had very little effect on the trails they blew snow on. It was at least several feet thick. We will be in good shape as far as coverage next Saturday. Now the condition of said snow is another story. They are going to have to resurface for sure.

saturday is looking sloppy before it gets colder and the precipitation "matures"

To early to tell. i think it will be all snow with upslope to follow into monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    To early to tell. i think it will be all snow with upslope to follow into monday.
    Love the positive attitude. How about an opening day snowstorm

the snow report says they are opening lower jester. i am assuming that is only the part below lower downspout. What is the plan for snow making for the next couple weeks.

Correct. In snowmaking, what is called Lower Jester on the map is actually Middle Jester. Lower Jester for us begins at the last crossover with Lower OG. From what I have heard, we are heading back to Upper OG starting today since temps are going to be warmer down below.

Oh yeah, and we've been making snow on First Time as well, for all those beginners out there.

I am trying to get up there Friday. It is funny that Organgrinder is closed. It was wall to wall and deep on Sunday. Must have totally glazed over with the rain. Apre party at the Castlerock. Home comming Sugarbush style!