Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weathe...-week/19689020

Unfortunately, I wouldn't put much stock in that. We'll get ours, but that Thursday event got lost in yesterday's model runs. And that guy is a notorious hype machine.

web cam today

Wow the web cam looks great this morning!

Snowmaking will really ramp up over the next two days/nights. t2b opening might be possible again. Can't wait to check it out next week.

8" to 10" top of ME @ 1am...they have been cranking the guns on Rim Run...also a couple of guns on FIS

have they made snow a trail other than downspout, coffee run and upper jester? How much snow have they made?

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    have they made snow a trail other than downspout, coffee run and upper jester? How much snow have they made?
    Snow report says just those trails (no switch to winter mobile site yet + shameless plug for adding back the mobile snow report this year). I know they don't have the snowmaking system that other northern mountains have, but seeing what Killington has put down, I have to imagine that it's a decent amount, even at their diminished capacity. With the next two days being so cold, I have to imagine they will put down some pretty good cover at the base.

Pole guns going at the base of super bravo.
    Any chance we get an opening earlier than planned???

Guns going on Inverness and about 2" more of fresh......temp 22 @ base of ME

So far we have made snow on Jester, Allyn's, OG, Downspout, Lower Downspout, Lower (Lower) Jester, and base area. OG was lit up Sunday night and shut down last night. Last night was the start of the push to the base. Cold temps this week will permit the lower half of the mtn to be slammed, including Coffee Run. Unfortunately, I see another warmup this coming weekend. Fingers crossed its short lived. Don't really see opening being any earlier than the forecasted 11/23.

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay View Post
    So far we have made snow on Jester, Allyn's, OG, Downspout, Lower Downspout, Lower (Lower) Jester, and base area. OG was lit up Sunday night and shut down last night. Last night was the start of the push to the base. Cold temps this week will permit the lower half of the mtn to be slammed, including Coffee Run. Unfortunately, I see another warmup this coming weekend. Fingers crossed its short lived. Don't really see opening being any earlier than the forecasted 11/23.
    Rock on Shady!
    looks like we're good until thursday.

Headed back to Killington Saturday. Top to bottom on 16 trials via Snowdon, Skye Peak and the Gondola. That is 3 areas and two ways to the bottom. We can't even do one run. So sad. Sorry Shady.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

opening day was set months ago and by now it probably is too late to open this weekend even if there is already enough snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    opening day was set months ago and by now it probably is too late to open this weekend even if there is already enough snow.
    If I recall opening day is usually set for the Saturday before Thanksgiving weekend, but TDay is a week later this calendar year.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Opening day 2012 11/17/13, so we are one week latter than last year, we loose one week of skiing, based on a 23 week season in lieu of a 24 week season, season passes cost 4.3% more. Extra week of blowing, we should have more open than last year on opening day, right?