Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How many days this year? How many at Sugarbush?

C'mon who has the most for 2012/13? It's not me but I have personal best 47 days, with 44 at Sugarbush -- to be confirmed and added to this weekend.

I think 44 days translates into 220 switchbacks, 20 shots of tequilla, a few random adult cocktails, 45 burgers, 30 slices of pizza, 25 orders of goulash, 19 turkey panins, 7 cheesesteaks and 1 vermont country salad. This is a first -- I actually gained weight during the ski season. Anyway, trying to get to 50 days and the elusive first waffle with chocolate.

If I throw 3 kids in the totals for food go up 350 slices of pizza and 150 orders of chicken fingers.

Enjoy these last few weeks.

I'm currently up to 65 days, 64 of them being at Sugarbush. This is the least amount of days I've gotten since 08/09, mainly since I switched my primary gig from lift ops to snowmaking for the first 2/3 of the season. Even in a weak season like last year, I got 95 days on the hill. But my actual run count this year is 544 vs 480 last year. Gotta love the tracking app!

It's also the first winter season where I've lost weight. Luckily, working at night, the food service options are limited to what you bring with you. And it wasn't until early March when I discovered those awesome chocolate pudding parfaits. Regardless, I lost about 20-30 pounds this year and I feel great.

And it's not over yet......

40 days total, 38 at sugarbush. may have a couple more in me this weekend.
    too many lunches to count but special kudos on the mac/cheese, chicken pot pie and the chocolate parfait. The latter my daughter turned me on to recently and it is too good.

I guess its time to review the preseason goals thread.

Today was day 71.....61 at Sugarbush. Aiming at 80. Today was a fine day! Still lots of snow.

Low year for me at 31 so far at SB. 7 out west and 8 at other areas. total 46. I lost most of March.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

How many days this year? How many at Sugarbush?

40 at SB and 4 out west. It has been a good year but I am transitioning to my other obsession: fly fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by ReefBum View Post
    40 at SB and 4 out west. It has been a good year but I am transitioning to my other obsession: fly fishing.
    130 total and 127 here.

27 @ SB along with 1 day at local area in WNY
    Not bad considering distance to SB (7-8hrs on a good day)
    and health issues keeping me down for a month.
    Goal for next year is 40 days @ SB and 60 days total at all areas

I am jealous and envious of all riders that have SB close to you. Someday when I retire...

Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    130 total and 127 here.
    That's obscene. Good for you.

Davey Gould was at 152 last weekend. I can't imagine.......

It all depends on what one considers a "day". For lift served skiing, my view is you should get about 20,000 vertical feet in. That's a typical Heli day. So when I am on the lift, I look for 20 k minimum. If it is in the backcountry, then I try for a 4000 vertical ascent day. So for this season:

Total = 47 & counting & not a bad mix
    SB days: 0 (too bad, I used to log about 40)
    SR days: 25
    SL: 1
    Saddleback: 1
    Mt Baker lift: 1
    Mt Baker BC: 3
    Stevens Pass lift: 1
    Stevens Pass BC: 2
    Silverton CO: 5 days (no lift)
    NH Backcountry: 8

Still to come: San Juan's 6 or so days in Yankee Boy Basin with a shot at Mt Sneffels coming starting next week.

Best run of the year: some pretty good pow at Baker, not a bad lift day at Stevens, The loaf provided an excellent early season dumper right before Xmas, but the best ones were..................

March 20: SR-->16" plus and no crowd
    March 23: King Ravine Great Gully in knee deep the whole way
    April 27: King Ravine Great Gully in nice corn, only 2 skiers
    http://www.timefortuckerman.com/foru...ad.php?t=15489

Kings?

Quote Originally Posted by ahm View Post
    It all depends on what one considers a "day". For lift served skiing, my view is you should get about 20,000 vertical feet in. That's a typical Heli day. So when I am on the lift, I look for 20 k minimum. If it is in the backcountry, then I try for a 4000 vertical ascent day. So for this season:

Still to come: San Juan's 6 or so days in Yankee Boy Basin with a shot at Mt Sneffels coming starting next week.

Best run of the year: some pretty good pow at Baker, not a bad lift day at Stevens, The loaf provided an excellent early season dumper right before Xmas, but the best ones were..................

so it WAS your tracks we saw Sunday on Great Gully chute in Kings Ravine! You'had' the only two prior to 2 PM Sunday! Great snow, not as steep as I expected, but near perfect - expect the run out was well, rocky?

Great video- I have one but it is not edited and too long to download to YT - same exact run though!

One of these days we may 'run' into one another - but you gave me some damn good advice on boots last fall. . . . .thanks!

March 23 huh? We were in Alta with 36" of pow and planning Mt Superior - which we did March 25th - never made summit - went from second peak below it - and we got to road 10:30 AM. . . . . . .it slid at 11:30. So we missed a bullet!

JWT: Funny that you were there the next day. Glad you liked the boot reco. I am moving to a pr of Scarp Maestrale's once I dial in the fit. King is a great line and chocked full of pow on March 23rd made it a great run, but it was incredibly good this past weekend and I am glad you got it. It is just not skied that often, regardless of what the guy said on TFT. Simply drop me a line and I would enjoy the ski together. I am in the presi's most weekends that I am home. Now............my best run may change after I get back from the San Juan's in a week. Time will tell.

Glad to hear you avoided the slide. The Utah snowpack is not as stable as it used to be. I have wanted to ski Superior but have not had the chance. One day for sure. Have a great summer and we'll try and grab some turns next season.

AHM

Dude, at SR with those fast lifts and the nice groomy Groom you should be doing at lease 30K to call it a ski day. You move to Maine and become a slacker. Geeze! and what, no Chic Chocs?
    Quote Originally Posted by ahm View Post

Hawk: Read closer-->it is a minimum, ie the minimum ski day for me has 20 k. I am sure I hit well above that number often. The Chocs were off the list this year. Sorry for wimping out, but I just couldn't add that 4th trip to the season. Especially, with all the grief teletubby tossed out. But hey, three trips is not too bad. Not to mention, notched my AIARE Level 3 and that was a full week long course and two full days of exams. Overall, that ski day total looks pretty decent and the Baker days were quite big with tons of snow. So................i'll take it...................and you?

AHM