April bonus mt Ellen day

Thank you to the powers that be. Conditions were too good when I was there on Saturday.
    Does this mean the mad bus will run also?

What are you talking about? Are they staing open?
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

That is what I was told and someone tweeted yesterday.

Heard it's for Saturday, April 6th, only...as a bonus day for Mt. Ellen and Sugarbush season pass holders (next year's too). GMX and Summit. I don't believe the Mad Bus is planned, but Slide Brook Express to open? Please contact mountain for more details, rather than trusting my limited info. Green Mt. Lounge open, too.

I just perused the website and facebook page and didnt find anything about this. I heard it from a reliable source on saturday that it might happen and saw what appeared to be an announcement poster that someone retweeted on twitter.

I saw a sign up at the bottom entrance to Glen House on Easter Sunday that Mt Ellen was going to reopen on Sat April 6 for Mt Ellen and All Mountain passholders. "Thanks for a great season - Win and staff" (or something like that). I imagine later in the week, they will post some more details.

From the Bush's Snow Report page

"If you haven't heard yet, Mount Ellen is reopening for April 6th-7th. We are likely to be 100% again this weekend"

call 1-800-53-SUGAR or the Guest Services desk directly during the day @ 802-583-6590 for more details
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

I hope the bus also is reinstated! and Runs

SRO - I never did see that on the snow report. Was doubting if this was real. BUT from Wins word today...

Quote Originally Posted by wins word
    we want to celebrate a great winter and have decided to schedule a Passholder Appreciation Day and reopen Mt. Ellen for just one day this Saturday, April 6th. The forecast calls for a sunny day and temperatures in the mid to high thirties, so it should be great spring conditions. We will not be selling day tickets for Mt. Ellen on Saturday, but if Slide Brook has enough cover underneath to run, all passholders and anyone buying at day ticket for Lincoln Peak will be able to enjoy Mt. Ellen as well. The base lodge cafeteria at ME will be open for food and the Green Mountain Lounge upstairs will serve drinks. The Adventure Gear shop at Mt. Ellen will be open but all other services there will remain closed for the season. GMX and Summit chairs will run from 9 AM to 4 PM.s

Quote Originally Posted by teleo View Post
    SRO - I never did see that on the snow report. Was doubting if this was real. BUT from Wins word today...
    Being written up in the Snow Reporter's daily snow report is usually pretty official but, it was alittle off, not a biggy in my view. Since Win bought the place in 2001 he has offered up little surpises every now and again. The weather look awesome Sat, should be a big party over at Mellon. Hopefully, mother nature cooperates, the snow in March really helps and business levels are acceptable, maybe the Bush makes it into May. it would be a fitting cap to a great season. BTW.....Post some pics of Sat!
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Or the posters all over Mt Ellen last Sat might have given it away too.

From this afternoon's snow report:

""The big news is the re-opening of Mount Ellen for a passholder appreciation day on Saturday. GMX and Summit are running from 9 AM - 4 PM. Mad Bus service is done for the season, but Slide Brook will be running from 10 AM – 4 PM.""

Note no day tickets will be sold at Mt Ellen, but that's not to say you couldn't buy a day ticket at LP and take Slide Brook across.

Guessing this will be the latest Slide Brook has operated in recent memory, in terms of both day and time.

Also looks like FIS is being groomed tonight.