Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wunderbar

Here is some clarificaation of our use of the EB-5 program. The funds were used to partially fund all the base area development since 2006 but some funds were used for mountain improvements. I same partial because we invested our our equity and used modest bank debt as well. The payback to our EB-5 investors comes from the net sale proceeds of the relatively few remaining Clay Brook units and all net cash proceeds from Rice Brook. They have an equity interest in these cash flow streams. Thus, they bear the risk of us
    being able to accomplish both. We feel a moral as well as a fiduciary responsiblilty to try to make that happen. Yes, the visa is important but so too is getting their principle back with possibly some return.

As far as mountain improvements, that will be our focus and the funding for this will some from operating profits. When we have a good year, our free cash will be directed to capital improvents. We have a long list and at the end of each season we see what we have available and set the priorities for the following year. I think it is safe to say that we will have more cash available this year so we will be doing more improvements, but it is premature to give you the details today. Suffice it to say that we will continue to improve our snowmaking system, keep our grooming equipment fresh, do road work and building improvement.

Over the past ten years we have made a big dent into years of deferred maintenance by the former owner and it is a priority to make sure that we don't slip back to the former state. In totall we have invested approximately $90 million in the resort since we purchased it. This includes Clay Brook so some of this investment has been returned as units were sold.

Were does replacing the valley house fit into those improvements. I have noticed it has been braking down more than in previous years, new triple would help with the increased crowds and a moddrern triple would open up the area at the top of the lift.

The valley house lift was built a year after the original castle rock chair which was replaced because of it's structural integrity and the valley house lift towers is rusting. replacing just the towers would make more sense than replacing the mechanical parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Delaware ? View Post
    Even a revamp would be a cheaper alternative. Replacing all the parts basically makes it a new lift unless the structural integrity of the towers is compromised.

As was stated at the beginning of the thread, I am also interested in what plans they have to alleviate the stress in the base area from the increase in skiers. The lodges are getting crowded.

Either way, thanks for continuing to be a resource here for us Win. I can't wait to watch the continued evolution of this resort community.
    They replaced the grips a few years ago. The lift is ancient. Even assuming it makes any sense to put more money into it, that wouldnt do anything to address 2 major issues. First, more uphill capacity which is necessary for peak periods and when the bravo is not running for whatever reason. Second, the terminus is dangerous.

Yes. It is on the list. Ideally, it would be good to relocate the top terminal to provide a better upload as well as open up the Valley Traverse and make it less congested and keep the snow fresher where it narrows down now. A heavier chair and top terminal placement can make it less prone to wind hold as the current lift is well protected from the wind until the final tower and terminal. I will likely keep the bottom terminal where it is as bring in over the lodge and down would create too much clutter there. A nunber of people love the double chair, but a replacement will likely be a fixed grip triple or quad. We only need that capacity on a few days of the years, but it would be a better backup for Bravo if it is down.

were would the new upper terminal be. i hope to be able to get to the same trails off the new lift.

That is yet to be determined. It will require work with the USFS and an engineering study, but the idea is to have it service the same trails.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Not a bizzare Question. You were not born in Warren Right? Where did you come from?
    Danville, PA