Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wunderbar

If the mountain does add a Mexican option i think it should be in the valley house. One of the big issues with getting people into the valley house is with the exception of the wonderbar the vibe there is terrible and if people used it, then the vibe would be better and more people would be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Delaware ? View Post
    Does the SB Village offer an Après Ski options?
    Yes, there is the Pine Tree Pub. AKA the PTP. It's more of a local/SB worker crowd but it is less crowded and the service is good. Chez Henri is good for a much more layed back scene and won't see any of the younger crowd if that is what your goal is.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

might have been some sort of non-holiday record for crowds - they ran out of parking spaces by 10 AM Sat. Even North was jammed from what I heard. All lifts ( all year!) worked and lines moved - but uphill capacity ( and therefore downhill crowds) are an issue that we've rarely had before. Just goes to show you growth in business is almost as tough as slow cash flow to manage.

Snow was good, with cover everywhere - even woods softened up early and were very nice.

Busy is an understatement.

Well when you sell a Gazillion tickets at $50 each you are going to get busniess. Pretty much everbody I talked to on the lifts was using one of those. i rode the singles line alot this weekend.

Yeah, Saturday was pretty busy, especially at Heaven's Gate. Was surprised to see how good Downspout still was even later in the day. Must've been some good snow that was made on that trail

skied mellon on saturday. the parking lots were full and lodge crowded but the lifts and trails were fine. There were a lot of people there for races.
    sunday I was back at south and it was a typical march sunday crowd. I think saturday was just an unbelievably beautiful day to be out on the slopes.
    I'd like a few more weeks of winter, though.

There were several cars parked on the street leading to the parking lot at mt Ellen. it might be time for more parking spaces.

We have a plan for more parking. We bought the land around the Warren House, so will work on getting that permitted for overflow parking once the lor behind CB-1 (the compressor building is full).

Saturday's crowd was different than the Holdiays. More cars per skier as a lot more people within an hour's drive saw the day and knew it was going to be a great day. On the Holidays there are more people staying on the mountain and taking the shuttle to the lots.

As you saw on Saturday when all trails are open and all lifts are running this mountain disperses people as well if not better than any in the East. Many guests are now using the webcam app to look at lift lines and plan accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    Many guests are now using the webcam app to look at lift lines and plan accordingly.
    No doubt! Dang! The new cams are awesome.
    Things are gonna happen for me, I'm Joe Dirt!

We have a plan for more parking. We bought the land around the Warren House, so will work on getting that permitted for overflow parking once the lor behind CB-1 (the compressor building is full).

Saturday's crowd was different than the Holdiays. More cars per skier as a lot more people within an hour's drive saw the day and knew it was going to be a great day. On the Holidays there are more people staying on the mountain and taking the shuttle to the lots.

As you saw on Saturday when all trails are open and all lifts are running this mountain disperses people as well if not better than any in the East. Many guests are now using the webcam app to look at lift lines and plan accordingly.
    Does that property abut the 22 acre lot?
    It would be great if vehicles could be diverted off the access road and into the warren house/22 acre lot before the intersection of the access road and inferno at the base.

Great. Just what the valley needs, more people, and more cars. Will the Green Mountain National Forest sign have to be relocated to where there's actually forest?

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSno View Post
    Great. Just what the valley needs, more people, and more cars. Will the Green Mountain National Forest sign have to be relocated to where there's actually forest?
    This is just great. So what would you suggest Thinksno? Turn people away? I hate the crowds also but it is a business. You need bodies to have a business grow and make money. I am not keen on the real estate plan at Sugarbush but it is what it is and I am willing to let that take it's course if it means that later they will upgrade lifts and snowmakeing. But this "not at my resort" kind of attitude is absure. Let me take a guess, you moved to Warren from NY or CT?

this mountain does not have a close to equal distribution between mt Ellen and Lincoln peek. on Saturday the lines at ellen were half the length of the lines at Lincoln peek.

Quote Originally Posted by Benski View Post
    this mountain does not have a close to equal distribution between mt Ellen and Lincoln peek. on Saturday the lines at ellen were half the length of the lines at Lincoln peek.
    Ben, I do agree that the lines at Ellen were shorter but Half? I skied both but I wouldn't say half. The parking at both mountains was down the access rd at both places.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Does that property abut the 22 acre lot?
    It would be great if vehicles could be diverted off the access road and into the warren house/22 acre lot before the intersection of the access road and inferno at the base.
    A quick check of google earth shows an existing trail or powerline ROW connecting the Warren House driveway to the employee lot on Inferno Rd. That would make a nice easy loop for a parking shuttle. Or better yet, relocate the VH double down to the Warren House, using it to lift people from these new lower parking lots up to the VH lodge. Cut a trail from Cat's Meow down under/over Inferno Rd to employee parking, then on down to the Warren House lot. Then install a new lift in place of the double. Simple!