Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eternity Glade

Eternity Glade

This might sound either totally crazy or maybe you think, yeah, that would be cool...

Was thinking about the trees that either border the trails or the trees in "glade" trails like Murphy's or Sleeper. They have a tough go of it with the snowmaking, skiers/boarders, wind etc. etc. I would think, over time, Sugarbush is slowly loosing those trees and trails slowly get wider. I like Sleeper and Murphy's and ski them alot when I'm up particularly with my wife and the other couples with whom we ski.

At night, to drive work out of my head, I cycle through the trailmap for Sugarbush trail by trail. You could say it's my happy place. I'm sure alot of you might consider Sugarbush your happy place too.

Recently, I saw a cremation urn that's biodegradeable and designed to start a tree seedling in. I'm sure you see where I'm going with this.

http://www.martinazua.com/eng/eng/bios-urn/

Here is some info on the urn in question. I'm in no way connected with the product, just interested in it.

So, I think, for me, it would be cool to take up "eternal" residence at Sugarbush as part of a tree/glade management strategy by being "planted" on the mountain, with my appropriate species tree seedling being fed by my ashes. To me, it beats the heck out of being 6 feet under on the wrong side of the grass in some cemetary where ultimately nobody comes to visit.

Anyone else think that would be better than standard body disposal? Sort of an eternal season pass. Win? What do you think about either renaming a trail or if there ever would be new trails, making one called Eternity Glade?

You might say, this is "out of the box" thinking. Feel free to just think I'm nuts.

I think that is pretty cool actually.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

I'll be up the 9th - 23rd scoping out my spot. Not looking to move in for 35-40 more years but dibbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiVideoGuy View Post
    I'll be up the 9th - 23rd scoping out my spot. Not looking to move in for 35-40 more years but dibbs.
    You could be buried at "Church", maybe..... I can hear all the jokes - people are dying to get to Sugarbush.... But I think it's a cool idea!

Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Smile

ask my wife what to do when I die, and she will tell ya, cremate ya then spread me out on Sugarbush. Hopefully quite a few years from that, but I could definitely be into becoming a tree. Hell then I could talk to the moose and let him know he needs to go see Howie!. And Howie, you could go for this too and surely see all the wildlife ya want! But really I would definitely be down for this!!!

Ownership could build a little chapel nearby, like the small chapel on Toll Road at Stowe.

But wouldn't It be appropriate to take Heavens Gate on up to final resting spot(s) for all Eternity. Or do I have to skin up?
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

anything that gets more trees on murphy's is good with me.

Don't forget, what to wear for cremation. Full ski gear of course, including skis and poles. I'm not gonna haunt a ski trail and NOT have my gear. Question? Would a ghost skier leave tracks in the snow? Wouldn't have to worry about wind hold, could just float up to the top of the trail. Tell me I can taste Long Trail and if yes, heck, take me now.

I think wind holds would be a problem. Not much density in a ghost I could see myself getting hung up in a tree like a Mardis Gras Bra!!!

Snow snakes, Mogul mice, now powder poltergeists? One more thing to grab my skis.

Eternity Glade is an interesting idea, but I don't think I will name a specific trail. I plan on being scattered on Paradise.
    Last edited by win; 03-08-2013 at 04:01 PM.

So Win, you know how you have the 20 something pass, what sort of pass would we need to get to be "planted"? Scattering could probably be easily done by my younger survivors. Tree planting is something else entirely.

Klop - powder poltergeists brings up another idea. Curl me up in a ball and come up with some sort of enclosure and use the lot of us to seed an artificial mogul field. Of course, you would need to have night skiing so we could have....Night of the Living Bumps

That's a free pass.