Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mar 22 - 24th AZ event @ Sugarbush

Hey guys,

Looking at possibly doing a March 22nd - 24th gathering of AZ folk at the Bush. I've actually never skied there (!) so I'm looking forward to it.

More info here:

http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthr...836#post758836

Let me know if you guys are interested ... - Nick
    Welcome to SkiMRV!

I will be there Nick. Hope the conditions improve.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Chocolate Chip or Oatmeal Raisin?
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Quote Originally Posted by noski View Post
    Chocolate Chip or Oatmeal Raisin?
    Ugh, chocolate chip all the way
    Welcome to SkiMRV!

Confirmed on the trip! We will be there the weekend of 3/22! Click for more info.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthr...Zone-Gathering

I hope I can make turns with some of you guys! I have yet to ski at Sugarbush so some inside knowledge would be awe-some!
    Welcome to SkiMRV!

Welp, I'll be up this weekend skiing Sugarbush for the first time

Coming with my wife, son and in-laws who will watch my 9 month old while we ski. She is a beginner skier so Im probably going to spend the morning exploring and the afternoon on the beginner slopes with her. Pretty low-key.

What's a good meet-up spot for Saturday morning?
    Welcome to SkiMRV!

Just before 8:00 in the Gatehouse lodge 2nd floor. Red Jacket, blue helmut with a Contour Camera on the side. See you then.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskier View Post
    Just before 8:00 in the Gatehouse lodge 2nd floor. Red Jacket, blue helmut with a Contour Camera on the side. See you then.
    Awesome!

I'll be in a blue Actery'x jacket, black helmet with a big AlpineZone sticker on it
    Welcome to SkiMRV!

Wow. You guys are early birds. I will see if I can get down there for 8. if not I know what Tree looks like. Actually I can catch you on the bravo before 9.

Steve
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Wow. You guys are early birds. I will see if I can get down there for 8. if not I know what Tree looks like. Actually I can catch you on the bravo before 9.

Steve
    TBH thinking about this some more 8AM is pretty early

I plan on being out by 9 at the latest. But this is more of a slow poke year for me with my 9 month old son tagging along.

Since the lodging is at Lincoln Peak I was planning on starting over there. Realistically, how much time do you need to transition between skiing at Lincoln Peak and Mt Ellen? Is Slidebrook good right now?

If I don't check here often you guys can email me too nick@ alpinezone.com. I can send you my phone # then as well.
    Welcome to SkiMRV!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    TBH thinking about this some more 8AM is pretty early

I plan on being out by 9 at the latest. But this is more of a slow poke year for me with my 9 month old son tagging along.

Since the lodging is at Lincoln Peak I was planning on starting over there. Realistically, how much time do you need to transition between skiing at Lincoln Peak and Mt Ellen? Is Slidebrook good right now?

If I don't check here often you guys can email me too nick@ alpinezone.com. I can send you my phone # then as well.
    Now I know why Tree and I are able to get so many good runs in between 8 and 9
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Ill be there for first chair saturday. Olive jacket, white helmet.

I would think slidebrook is fine. Need to take the gatehouse lift to north lynx before heading in there and they dont run till 9. Takes about a half hour to fo the run and grab the bus over to mt ellen.

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    Now I know why Tree and I are able to get so many good runs in between 8 and 9
    without kids that works great. I'll be at LP on Sat as my daughter will want to watch dummy big air. Speaking of which, Nick - are you going to have an Alpine Zone dummy? I smell a marketing oppty.
    Hopefully I'll get out for 8:00 solo and meet up with the family at 9:15 at gatehouse quad. Me red jacket, black pants & helmet, on tele's which pretty much means I blend in. My daughter's jacket is equal segments lime green, dark blue, light blue so she's easy to spot.

I'll be out in my black vest at Heaven's Gate all weekend. Hoping the wind doesn't play a factor in tomorrow's operations, but it may.

I had an AWESOME time this weekend. Will write up a full TR later with pics and vids. Got to meet Win also (yay) and the skiing was just phenomenal. Mid-winter conditions everywhere. Tree coverage was perfect.

What a weekend. More to come!
    Welcome to SkiMRV!