Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mooooosee?

Mooooosee?

Any update on the status of the moose I saw running around the mountain last week? I've been skiing south for the past couple of days and haven't come across the guy......

Its been all over the place, if you believe in that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Its been all over the place, if you believe in that sort of thing.
    I heard from someone on the lift yesterday that they had to shoot the moose due to it being too close to the base.....

No, the moose is alive and well up in The Orchard and away from the trails for the past two days. We did have a cow moose wander through Walt's trail this morning, but she has moved on as well.

Here is a Video I found on Youtube. I figured that someone out there posted something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOUilQmuqNI
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

It is unbelievable i havent run into one of these things.

It is unbelievable i havent run into one of these things.
    ^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^
    Oh, but what a day when you do, and you will.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Quote Originally Posted by noski View Post
    ^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^
    Oh, but what a day when you do, and you will.
    it'll be like a golpher hitting a hole in one.

btw susan, nice job on the weather for the holiday week. could not have been better. kudos.

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Here is a Video I found on Youtube. I figured that someone out there posted something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOUilQmuqNI
    And then there was this guy out in Utah.

http://www.boston.com/travel/explore...azards_of.html

I've almost run over this little guy in the past. Don't recommend doing this with the moose.

FWIW, once the moose drops his antlers he'll be quite a bit more mellow.

Geez Win, you really know how to stick it to me!

While everyone was enjoying great conditions and our many holiday activities, we experienced a special treat. The moose that was first spotted on Castlerock on December 23rd made another appearance at the top of the Gate House lift on December 28th. He ran down Sunrise and stopped by the top of the lift, then meandered into the woods and stood there just a few feet from the trail. Patrol immediately isolated the area to keep guests at a safe distance, and we all watched him feed and rub his rack against a tree. In a short while, he wandered back onto the plaza, walked slowly up to Casterock Connection, and eventually made his way down until he turned up in The Orchard (the woods to a skier's right of Birch Run). It was an elderly bull moose and really a sight to see. He was definitely the largest moose I have ever seen, and his rack was enormous. While it was a thrill to see something as majestic as this moose, it is important to remember to give these animals a very wide berth if you encounter them in the forest. After seeing this bull on Friday, on Sunday morning we witnessed a cow moose wander onto Walt's Trail over at Mt. Ellen. As a safety precaution, Patrol closed Walt's and Semi Tough until she made her way up into the forest.

Geez Win, you really know how to stick it to me!

While everyone was enjoying great conditions and our many holiday activities, we experienced a special treat. The moose that was first spotted on Castlerock on December 23rd made another appearance at the top of the Gate House lift on December 28th. He ran down Sunrise and stopped by the top of the lift, then meandered into the woods and stood there just a few feet from the trail. Patrol immediately isolated the area to keep guests at a safe distance, and we all watched him feed and rub his rack against a tree. In a short while, he wandered back onto the plaza, walked slowly up to Casterock Connection, and eventually made his way down until he turned up in The Orchard (the woods to a skier's right of Birch Run). It was an elderly bull moose and really a sight to see. He was definitely the largest moose I have ever seen, and his rack was enormous. While it was a thrill to see something as majestic as this moose, it is important to remember to give these animals a very wide berth if you encounter them in the forest. After seeing this bull on Friday, on Sunday morning we witnessed a cow moose wander onto Walt's Trail over at Mt. Ellen. As a safety precaution, Patrol closed Walt's and Semi Tough until she made her way up into the forest.
    Howie, this really seems like the opportunity for you. Get yourself a lawn chair and just sit at a lift tower. Make a sign for lift riders to tell you where they have seen the moose and go off tracking. This really has to come to closure for you! This is getting drastic for you!

Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

I'm telling you I was all over the place. The damned things avoid me.

No, he is LOOKING for YOU!

I'm telling you I was all over the place. The damned things avoid me.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50138607n

Gatehouse - he backed off this guy because he realized it wasn't Howie.

Howie, I don't know you, but pack a pistol or at least bear-be-gone spray next time you're in the woods.

It's like Les Mis!

You defend some of his enemies at one time or another?

Quote Originally Posted by jwt View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50138607n

Gatehouse - he backed off this guy because he realized it wasn't Howie.

Howie, I don't know you, but pack a pistol or at least bear-be-gone spray next time you're in the woods.

It's like Les Mis!

You defend some of his enemies at one time or another?
    I dont think so but I was a big rocky and bullwinkle fan back in the day.

Btw-that piece got picked up by CNN.