Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowcember '12

Snowcember '12

Im getting a little tired of this dry pattern we are in. Great thanks to the snowmakers but we need a little love from ullr. Putting the snow tires on the truck tomorrow so hopefully that will change things up.

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn

Let it snow!

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Im getting a little tired of this dry pattern we are in. Great thanks to the snowmakers but we need a little love from ullr. Putting the snow tires on the truck tomorrow so hopefully that will change things up.
    Yup, dry like a martini.
    I've got a brand spanking new pair of powder skis I'm waiting to take for a spin. Right now, I don't see anything even in the long range forecast to give me hope of a big dump.

I like the texture of the snow the new sno-logic guns put out. The powder on Deathspout yesterday morning was quite enjoyable. Good dry stuff and turns just like mother nature. I guess a couple weeks of cold nights will give the snow crew a chance to make a pseudo-dump.

I agree the snow on Orgrangrider was quite fine when the guns where on. Nice to see the snow makers making multiple passes and constantly adjusting the guns. Was surprise how quickly it firmed up after the guns where shut down about 2:00. The choppy bumps which formed in the afternoon on Death spout got really old also.

Doing my snow dance! Hopefully we can ski some natural soon!

Blizzaks mounted. Bring it on.

Snows went on the JGC yesterday, as well. Also, weather tech liners, oil change and new blades. I wish that I could change the weather g-ds outlook for some deep powder, but I have learned to simply wait and be patient in early season December.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    Snows went on the JGC yesterday, as well. Also, weather tech liners, oil change and new blades. I wish that I could change the weather g-ds outlook for some deep powder, but I have learned to simply wait and be patient in early season December.
    what are weather tech liners?

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    what are weather tech liners?
    They replace the stock carpet mats. The digital fit floor liners protect the vehicle from salt, snow, etc. and fit perfectly. www.weathertech.com
    Stan

Those are the balls. I am seriously thinking about getting them. How much dothey run?
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    They replace the stock carpet mats. The digital fit floor liners protect the vehicle from salt, snow, etc. and fit perfectly. www.weathertech.com
    ahhh! I actually got those thrown in when I bought the truck. but I leave them in year round. it its not snow and salt season, its mud and wet season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Those are the balls. I am seriously thinking about getting them. How much dothey run?
    They are not cheap. My recollection is that fronts and rears go about $179 and fronts only about $100. I purchased mine for about 40% off on a group buy through jeep garage.org.
    Stan

And those weather tech mats work great if you get a tire stuck in a hole and just spinning. Just slip them under your spinning tire and viola your out of the hole. Works great on the beach if you get buried in soft sand, or one tire hovering over a ditch in bottom out deep snow.... Not that I would know anything about getting stuck in the snow, I'm a Vermonter, I don't get stuck in the snow. Period. But they rinse off nice and go right back in with ease. I use one in the hatch area for the dogs. Filthy wet dogs washes right off those mats. You can get them custom fit for the hatch/trunk area which is a real nice way to keep the back clean.

I don't know Brew. Sounds like you have some experience with getting stuck to me.

That's not that bad Stan. I think I am in!
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Nope, I'm a Vermonter, born and raised. I don't get stuck in the snow.
    I earned money for college by driving around Killington in the winter and charging Flatlanders $20 to get their SUV out of snow banks. Most were amazed that all I did was get in the vehicle and drive it out of the snow bank in 4x4. Just need some basic understanding of how a 4x4 works and the skills to operate big vehicles in the snow. For the older model Fords that have to move at 5 mph before they drop into 4x4, the mud mats are a great trick to get the one spinning wheel to get out of the hole and get some traction. Oh, I'll have to charge you each $20 for that info.

still boring, but 3" last night, hopefully another few tonight. would be fine if we were working with any kind of a base. early next week, not looking good, though not awful.

Yup, looks like a warm up with some immature snow coming.
    Strange, having such a long dry spell without a big storm this time of year. Usually, it seems like we've had a couple of shoveling events here in the flatlands by this point most years. Even a few inches, something. But it has been boring.

Not much going on out west either. Hopefully it means something big is coming. I could use a big dump.