Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Snowcember '12

Howie!!! did you go see the Moose on lower rumble? That was a big sucka with a huge rack. Go tomorrow. He was bedding down on the skiers left just before Rumble hits Cotillion. We saw him from the edge of lift line. Thats a good place to see him at a distance. I here he chased a couple of people earlier in the day.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

This has gone far enough!

So you guys get together abd have a bunch of people tempt me with news of this so called "moose" on rumble. Me, being the sucker that i am, fall for this hook line and sinker. I hike over to castlerock at about 2. The beware of moose sign was a nice touch. I head toward liftline But patrol says the moose is angry, stay from the moose. Dont go on rumble. despite my protestations they would not permit me too see the moose . At this point i realize that this all a big ruse. An elaborate hoax now enlisting the authorities to perpetuate.
    So i did castelrock run and had the best freakin conditions i have ever seen there. Slayed it. Moose be damned. Great day.

I took a header on a waterbar on snowball on my 2nd run about 8:20. Well worth it. No way was i wasting that powder.
    Great day.

Seriously, was it me, or was there more than the 12" as reported on castlerock??? Definitely skied deeper.

Whatever, it still snowing. Great timing. The next week looks very interesting.

Tree & I opted to hit Mt. Ellen Saturday since the Summit did not open Friday. Our timing could not have been better. Second chair up to Summit and then first rope drop runs down Elbow, Exterminator & Bravo all top which were repeated to the joy of two..... due to the complete lack of skiers at North. Pretty deep snow at Exterminator & more on Bravo. And today at South, well you all know how it was........yummy Sugarbush.
    Last edited by gostan; 12-24-2012 at 06:09 AM.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    Pretty deep snow at Exterminator & more on Bravo. And today at South, well you all know how it was........yummy Sugarbush.
    Ohhhh.... and there is A LOT more on its way later this week.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

I was thigh deep yesterday on portion of Lift Line!

Quote Originally Posted by noski View Post
    Ohhhh.... and there is A LOT more on its way later this week.
    I didnt want to start anything but i think we are going to see winter storm warnings go up shortly.

Win, did you change the oil in the limo? Might have to get that bad boy warmed up.

Merry xmas!

who wants to name this Nor'easter ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Delaware ? View Post
    I hope you waited until Patrol "dropped the rope"...

so... wheres this 106" from? Sadly I had to go home for the holidays on Saturday but season total then was only in the upper 40s.. has there been that much more the past two days? And as I'm not there, hope they groom it in before it blows away! Need a good base for post NYE

The 106" is the summit measurement. Certainly, there's been more accumulated at elevation than at base, prior to this storm. Not really a problem anywhere on the mountain, now. This storm has been the frosting on the week-long cake we've been treated to! Rest assured, the nearly 2 feet already fallen is nice and dense (and extremely enjoyable), and wasn't windblown on/off any trails lift-served today. Though HG remained closed all day (I left at 2pm), CR opened in the early afternoon (as did North Ridge at M'Ellen)...I don't know about effect of wind up top on those lifts, but you won't have any trouble finding the new snow on or off piste! Today surely wasn't the day to be seeking groomed snow! I hope you indeed find what you're seeking when you return post NYE.

Seems like the valley got the most out of this storm compared to the rest of the state. Not the biggest single day storm in recent years, but it's got to be in the top five. I had over 22 inches at my house.

Some pretty pretty pretty good skiing.

great day today. snowed lightly all day and no wind. Crowd was impressive until after lunch. skied Egan's woods with good cover. Stein's was sweet with soft, powdery snow althouth there were some areas scaped down to ground. made it over to Rumble in late afternoon. great snow and no ice. skied Sleeper with kids- again sweet with good snow in woods. It is so nice to see the snow pileing up everywhere. met a lot of nice people enjoying the snow. I did notice many 20 somethings buying tickets. Let it snow!

Never saw cars parked at the warren house before. Must have been some impressive skier visits. Funny what 4 feet of snow will do.

Wondering why north lynx wasnt groomed? Not enough base?