Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Snowcember '12

Quote Originally Posted by pcampbell View Post
    I've been working on my photoshop skills.

If only, you and the rest of your cabal would dedicate more time to doing your snow dance than to perpetrating this "moose" myth, we would all be skiing in the woods already.

Late
    Afternoon

Rain/Snow Likely Chance for Measurable Precipitation 60%

Rain/Snow
    Likely

High: 34 °F

Tonight

Snow Likely Chance for Measurable Precipitation 70%

Snow
    Likely

Low: 26 °F

Wednesday

Chance Snow Chance for Measurable Precipitation 50%

Chance
    Snow

High: 30 °F

Wednesday
    Night

Slight Chance Snow Chance for Measurable Precipitation 20%

Slight Chc
    Snow

Low: 19 °F

Thursday

Mostly Cloudy

Mostly
    Cloudy

High: 37 °F

Thursday
    Night

Snow Chance for Measurable Precipitation 80%

Snow

Low: 27 °F

Friday

Snow Chance for Measurable Precipitation 80%

Snow

High: 36 °F

Friday
    Night

Chance Snow Chance for Measurable Precipitation 40%

Chance
    Snow

Low: 21 °F

Saturday

Chance Snow Chance for Measurable Precipitation 40%

Chance
    Snow

High: 28 °F

Looks like Sugarloaf is the big winner in NE this week. Too bad all my equipment is in MRV.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    Looks like Sugarloaf is the big winner in NE this week. Too bad all my equipment is in MRV.
    Have faith. Upslope is our friend.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Have faith. Upslope is our friend.
    I do have faith. December is always hit & miss. & sometimes Maine gets more accumulation from the "main" storm and sometimes VT is more blessed. See you in the mountain.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

"On Saturday afternoon into Sunday...a slow moving vertically stacked system will be located over eastern New England...and a favorable northwest follow will develop. This will help drag a sharp modified Arctic boundary across our County Warning Area...resulting in much colder air on Sunday...with prognosticated 850 mb temperatures between -14c and -16c. The favorable deep cyclonic flow and good 1000 to 700mb relative humidity associated with a closed 500 mb/7h circulation will result in a prolonged upslope snow event from late Sat through early Monday. Also...expect a high fluff factor given developing thermal profiles of 20 or 30 to 1. Some difficult travel is anticipated with snow...blowing snow...and falling temperatures over the weekend...especially Sunday. A moderate snowfall event looks likely for the mountains of northern New York and central/northern Vermont...with some accumulations possible for the cpv/slv by Sunday. However...if system is quicker to lift out and favorable northwest follow is limited...much less snow will occur with only light amounts in the mountains still some uncertainty with upcoming system. "

Paradise, Lower Paradise, Paradise Extension, Spillsville and Domino just opened!

game on

what's it doing up there???

I am packing up to leave the office. 11 days at the bush. yoy!

Happy holidays everyone.

Snowcember '12

It has been raining for most of the day on the mountain but the trails are holding up really well. I skied LP in the AM and it was some great skiing, although you had to work given the heavy snow. Spent the afternoon at ME and Hammerhead, Encore, Tumbler and the Cliffs were great with coverage still very good. Certainly a net gain and some good base building snow.

Quote Originally Posted by ReefBum View Post
    It has been raining for most of the day on the mountain but the trails are holding up really well. I skied LP in the AM and it was some great skiing, although you had to work given the heavy snow. Spent the afternoon at ME and Hammerhead, Encore, Tumbler and the Cliffs were great with coverage still very good. Certainly a net gain and some good base building snow.
    thanks, I really appreciate the update

Re: Snowcember '12

Back to snow outside chez Henri just now. And wicked windy!!!

Good snow today if you hit it right. If not, well....
    Saw win calming the masses when both the bravo and gh went down around 9am. It was shortlived thankfully.
    Really looking forward to tomorrow.

Looks like the upslope event has definitely proved to be legit. Great day today.... and my lord - been dumping all evening since the lifts have closed...No sign of stopping at 10pm; my oh my.. sweet dreams all.

Over a foot at the summit. Enough to drop the ropes on most of the Valley House side. Got first tracks on Lower Birdland, right as they were dropping the rope. Steins looked tempting, but after a 12-hour shift, my legs weren't feeling up to it. So I quit after 4 runs.

Enjoy it!!!!

Re: Snowcember '12

Went to the mall this morning and found just what I wanted for Christmas. Powder!!!!!

Watch out for the drainage ditches. It looked like the snowsnakes live in them today.

Awesome day out there today.