Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    See you all tomorrow. Stan save some of those fresh tracks for me dude. Who else is up from your house?
    I have a few days under my belt and am looking forward to going home to ski. Finally!
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    That is the maximum volume you can get through the pipe from the pond.

I just heard from our snowmakers, so you are the first to hear this. Top to Bottom tomorrow when Bravo begins turning at 9am. Upper Organgrinder, Upper Jester, Downspout all the way and across Coffee Run to the bottom. Allyn's Lodge will be open for snacks too as well as base area F&B.
    well I guess I was wrong. better stick to my day job.

anyhoooo...great news. hope you all enjoy.

T2B & OG - Excellent! Can't wait. It's been a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    well I guess I was wrong. better stick to my day job.

anyhoooo...great news. hope you all enjoy.
    Howie, trust me it's the air. Guns don't run full tilt and use the GPM that you suggest in your calcs. SB doesn't run that many guns anyway. 4000 GPM is plenty of water. OK - Little known fact and why I always champion the snow making system. When I was young.... years ago I made snow at a place that was the best at doing it. I know this process and I know when they do it right. I also have other info. Positive marketing speels don't influence me. I just want the best for this place.

I will ski what ever they blow and await the real snow. That is the reason I moved and why I am here now after all. No one will ever understand the concept of snowmaking on here. I will give up.....until next season. Armchair Snowmaking???? I think not!!!

I have to wonder when was the last time we had t2b on opening day? It definitely hasn't happened since 08/09.

Watching the transformation of Lower Downspout/Lower Jester/Coffee Run last night was something else. Bare spots one run... a few hours later... giant piles.

I'm gonna pass on opening day... save my energy for what tonight and Sat night hold in store for us.

Enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    See you all tomorrow. Stan save some of those fresh tracks for me dude. Who else is up from your house?
    I have a few days under my belt and am looking forward to going home to ski. Finally!
    Hawk, Tree & Craig for sure. Tomorrow will be my first day. See you.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

We were tyring to remember the last time we were open top to bottom on opening day at either LP or ME. Also with Thanksgiving this early this in one of our earliest openings ever. The snow quality down low is not mid-winter quality with the cold days and warmer days but it will be groomed and it is T2B. I also believe we will have the most vertical open in the East tomorrow.

Howie, 4,000 gpm is sufficient. In early season temps it is possible to get guns putting out 20gpm so with the LE equipment we can get 150-200 guns going versus the old days when we could only get 20-40. As temperatures decline the guns can get up to 80 gpm so you run few guns put get the trails where they are running done faster. As I said earlier this new techonology lets ski areas put out the same amount of water will less energy. As we invest in more of these guns we will be able to make more snow when temperatures are in the 20s.

By Thanksgiving a lot of Vermont resorts will be open and this should get the buzz doing in the metro markets. Spread the word. This winter is already different than last year and the best is yet to be!

We made snow last night on OG, plus parts of Lower Downspout and on Lower Lower Jester and Coffee Run, plus the base. Temps didn't really cooperate Fri night but they were colder last night. The runout was groomed for opening day and I believe it was to be groomed again this AM. Definitely filling in nicely. I'm sad to have missed opening day for the first time in 4 or 5 years, but I'd rather get my sleep to have my A game when it counts. 5PM comes pretty quick!

Plenty of pics on sugarbush.com and a vid seems to show everyone was happy and having a good time. Not just T2B, but 2 routes down from HG, and the most vert open in the East? How could you go wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Delaware ? View Post
    No opening day update? Any snowmaking? Conditions? Grooming? Depth? Lets hear it!!!
    Mart of K was near perfect yesterday. Did not have the time for the extra 1 hr r/t to the Bush- even though it would have been 'free'.

11 trails , no lines 3 lifts, some soft , some firm ,but all pretty dry.

Got my $59 worth.
    Hope Bush was good, looking forward to. Snowy winter, need moisture. Too quiet now, but storm coming next week.

Over 1,200 people came to opening day and we have a good number of people out again today. The next few days look dry and somewhat warmer, so it doesn't look like great snowmaking temperatures, but we have good snow down and will remain open T2B and hopefully get to expand terrain when the cold returns and/or we get some natural stuff.

Sure was great to be back at the Bush. Really nice to see everyone in great spirits. Did not get to the hill on Saturday till 2:00, which by then, with not so sharp skis, was quite challenging. Slick in spots... you know. But got out this morning for early runs on my new sticks. Much better. Still lots of smiles. Last nights Kick Off party was also very well attended and nice to see both our valley MTs co-sponsoring the fine event. Love the fact that the featured Meat Head film was all skiing. I am glad we made top to bottom! A little dryer snow would have been nice. Now I think it's time to start my snow dance.

I have fond memories of tell my Mass. friends and business assoc. from Decembers of past...that while they are at their Holiday parties we are up skiing the trees. After last years dismalness I can only hope for a snowy December. Ho Ho HO!

Back to snow dancing!

Yes it was great to see everybody. I love the vibe on opening day. People are so happy to ski and its all the same people that love this sport that I left at the hill on closing day last year. It was good to not have to down load. Conditons were challenging but if you sayed on the sides it was nice. How about that patch of ice at the bottom of Organ Grinder!!!!!! We stood there for about 10 minutes watching people come down and hit that thing and go flying. LOL It was like something out of a Warren Miller movie. Too funny.

Glad I was one of the first down that morning so you didn't see me hit it! Inversions this time of year create a lot of challenges for snowmaking. I hit the upper one too!

It looks like this weekend until Saturday is going to be warm and dry so we probably won't have many snowmaking hours or natural stuff, but hopefully over he weekend the pattern will change. We will likely have he same terrain aslst weekend for the start of Thanksgiving weekend.

It was a delight to see Win, Lili & Adam on the first chair of the season and to catch up with so many of you, especially because it was only November 17th! Getting to de-stress on the slopes for the first time in almost 8 months made opening day a memorable one.
    Stan

Win, do you think that you be able to begin blowing snow at Gatehouse post Thanksgiving weekend? The weather looks like it will cooperate.
    Last edited by gostan; 11-20-2012 at 09:08 AM.
    Stan