Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

SB Snowmaking has begun?

I looked at the webcam today and thought I saw some white on the trees from some overflow at the top of Super Bravo/The Mall and also some by the top of Twist. Thought the snowmaking crew might be starting down Downspout. Any feet on the street so to speak who might be able to confirm?

Ma nature. Snowliage photos on thier twitter and facebook feeds on the whats new page.

Iirc the plan is to start 11/1 when the weather permits.

I think here forward, if they get the right temps, they go.

i will let you know. headed up tonight.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Looks like we can start Friday night. If not, surely Saturday. All the guns are set to go and the snowmaking team is here and waiting for the temperatures to fall. We might even see some light snow at the higher elevations this weekend.

What's the plan Win? Can you give us the blow by blow so to speak? Inverness for the racers, I know. Jester, Downspout, Lower Jester, Traverse, Spring Fling? What's the top to bottom route you want to cover for the big open?

Thanks from PA.

We will begin at both mountains today and/or tomorrow. At LP we will be focusing on Upper Jester to Downspout and will make as far down Downspout and Gondolier as temperatures allow. We want to do everything possible to be top to bottom by opening. The snow logics allow us to put out more water in these early marginal temperatures and for that reason they are set up nearer the bottom. After we get that we will likely go to Upper Organgrinder. If possible it would be nice to have a nice groomed run like Jester to Downspout and some fresh powder on Upper Organgrinder. After that we might move down Birdland, Murphy's or Lower Jester and Lower Organgrinder. But depending on the temperatures, we also might move over to the Gate House lto get some beginner/intermediate terrain open as soon as possible. At ME we will start on Inverness so GMVS can get training there as soon as possible and then start at the summit and move down Rim Run, Elbow, Cruiser to the bottom as soon as possible On Inverness you will see snologics, two fan guns and our less effecient guns and towers all working. The plan is dynamic and changes according to the temperatures. And so we begin.

Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    We will begin at both mountains today and/or tomorrow. At LP we will be focusing on Upper Jester to Downspout and will make as far down Downspout and Gondolier as temperatures allow. We want to do everything possible to be top to bottom by opening. The snow logics allow us to put out more water in these early marginal temperatures and for that reason they are set up nearer the bottom. After we get that we will likely go to Upper Organgrinder. If possible it would be nice to have a nice groomed run like Jester to Downspout and some fresh powder on Upper Organgrinder. After that we might move down Birdland, Murphy's or Lower Jester and Lower Organgrinder. But depending on the temperatures, we also might move over to the Gate House lto get some beginner/intermediate terrain open as soon as possible. At ME we will start on Inverness so GMVS can get training there as soon as possible and then start at the summit and move down Rim Run, Elbow, Cruiser to the bottom as soon as possible On Inverness you will see snologics, two fan guns and our less effecient guns and towers all working. The plan is dynamic and changes according to the temperatures. And so we begin.
    That's great Win. And this is a nice sight!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351946474.648943.jpg

Yes, I am told there were a couple of inches at the top. Temps are still marginal at mid-mountain but they should be falling tonight and tomorrow so we can get more guns on.

A sight for sore eyes.

Stoke Pics from Saturday

It looks like Mother Nature is helping out too. It won't be long now!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks. Need the stoke. Still no power. Really thought I'd be back online by tonight.

As of this morning, guns going on Jester, Allyn's, and Downspout from Bravo down to Domino Chute and around Heaven's Gate. It's looking incredibly white and more and more like winter up top. It is truly amazing to see a trail go from a work-road to [more like a] ski trail in just 2 days.

Shady, what's the prognosis for this week and maybe opening this weekend? What are they telling you at work? Saw you headed home Saturday morning with a big smile on your face.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!