Quote Originally Posted by SkiVideoGuy View Post
"Live" lift/Trail Report - I don't know what the social media folks at SB think it's like to be from PA where it's raining and 47 degrees right now. Some people (me and I'm sure some others) get up in the morning, pour the coffee and get online. My routine includes the Snow Report, the webcam and the "Live" Lift/Trail Report. It's my way of living vicariously in VT through the website. If you are going to call it a "Live" lift/trail report then you need make it live. I'm sure you made snow somewhere in the past couple days but not according to the lift/trail report. No mention of snowmaking either in the Snow Report the past 2-3 days.

If you are going to have a webcam, how about actually using the pan/tilt/zoom functionality and point it somewhere different every couple hours. Takes somebody about 12 seconds to do that. Makes a world of difference to people 7 hours away who wish they were there. If you think the idea of a webcam has merit, then why not fully build out the concept and have another over at ME and 1 each at midmountain and at the peaks? Here's a cheaper way....Take a GoPro and suction cup it to the window at Allen's Lodge and the Glen House for a few minutes each morning. Move it up to the lift shack at the top of Heaven's Gate and the Summit Quad. Then send the camera down the hill with a patroller to post the video online on the webcam page. For that matter, you could suction cup one of those to the inside of the windshield on one of the groomers and post that.

For today, maybe get the live back in Live Lift/Trail Report.

FYI, we will ski SB about 10 days this year so I'm not just some 1 off ticket purchaser nit picking. Have been coming 15 years and will be coming for another 30 and hopefully buying.
Can we also have another cam so we can see another part of the mountain and a light so we can see how hard it is snowing at night.