Hello.....been lurking for a couple of years and finally decided to take the plunge to officially join. As a longtime skier in the MRV, the current ownership has done wonders, but snowmaking challenges do affect the ability to start early in the season and recover quickly when needed.

I understand the water/power/compressor limitations, but how about taking a different approach, especially early in the season to get started. Since we can't put the product down in enough volume on enough trail acreage, is there any opportuity to improve the physical trail surface to minimze the amount required to get started skiing? I'm thinking of removal of select obstacles, rocks, stumps etc and improving trail surface consistency by select grading and/or mowing. Please understand I spend as much time as possible in the woods and love the challenges of non-standard terrain, but doing the above on a few select beginner/intermediate type of terrain could allow SB to start ealier with less manmade snow.

I'm completely against bulldozing terrain and hate the cookie-cutter near straright line type of trails some mountains have and that's why I love SB and MRG, but accomplishing this type of grading/terrain improvement on just a few areas might be cost effective and not require much of an investment? I also have to say that I really have no clue as to what this type of project would entail from a resource perspective, but just wanted to throw it out there.

Looking forward to getting back to skiing very soon!