Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    What???? LOLOLOLOL Howie that is one big coolaid drinking delusion. LOLOLOL I have skied Kton - SR and the bush in the last 3 weeks. It's not even close.
    i didnt say it was close. I said "they definitely have more terrain open." but its not like they have 50 trails open when SB has 8. on the website they have 27. SB will be up to at least 12 this weekend but if mellon was open that would add another 6-8 trails.

and btw-i posted this cause ben just called me whining about the snowmaking and i thought I was talking to you.

Just bustin your balls. So in actuality, last weekend SB had 1 top to bottom run with 2 ways down from the top. Killington had 1 T2B on Sky Peak, 2 T2B on snowdon, 1 T2B on Ramshead with about 6 uppermountan trails. It was way more skiing but the impressive thing was the coverage and quality. Night and day. I skied both and that is the truth. This weekend I am going to Sunday River because they will have 30 trails and I can ski for free.

Until it snows, I won't be back.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

looked like it was dumping on the webcam.
    hope it snows so you can rejoin the party.

I'm making my first trek up tomorrow. looking forward to some turns.

Our neighbors to the north and south of us have all increased trail counts. When will we?

Looks like WINTER

From this morning...
    Attached Images Attached Images

skibum4451

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    From this morning...
    Looks awesome - keep them coming
    in Western NY we have none on the floor and a warm front coming in.
    Hopefully you will continue to get snow!

13 trails open starting tomorrow, with the addition of Middle Jester, most of Lower OG, Domino Chute, plus First Time and part of Easy Rider.
    http://www.sugarbush.com/snow-trails...ountain-update

That's the spirit, Ride DE! In fact you don't hear anyone complaining at the mtn whatsoever. The fact that tomorrow is December 1 and we already have 3 routes open from the top of Bravo, plus beginner terrain open.... I think that's pretty impressive! Hopefully this is a trend of things to come and that with the upcoming warmup, we won't have to rebuild what we have already.

Remember last year, we were I believe the first resort in the east to be 100% open.

It's still early.........

Easyrider open but no village double??? For hiking only???? From the welcome mat???
    Not good for beginners or little kids starting the season.

Only the lower 1/3 of Easy Rider is open, accessed from the welcome mat. There's a descent width access trail connecting the two.

Last winter was the worst winter ever, IMHO. Personally I would not use it as a benchmark for anything. Let's just hope it stays cold.

Cold is what we need this time of year. It is warming up tonight through laate Wednesday so we likely won't have snowmaking temps back until then. However, the past two days have been terrific and we have put down a lot, so I don't think we will have to resurface too many spots but we'll see once the cold returns. If we have the cold temps down low, we will try to open GH lift with Pushover and all of Easy Rider next weekend. If not, we will begin expanding on either Birdland, Murphy's or Ripcord. After next weekend the longer term pattern looks wintery.

The quality of the snowmaking today was really excellent, and if you got out early a freshly groomed Organgrinder was "fast and furious."

Og was super this morning. What a fun day with snow coming down the whole time.

Was it me or was there a lot of twenty somethings at the mtn today?

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Og was super this morning. What a fun day with snow coming down the whole time.

Was it me or was there a lot of twenty somethings at the mtn today?
    I rode HG several times with new For Twenties folks who opted out of Bolton Valley to come here. Howie, I agree that the snow on OG was fab this am. And the whales really were a blast until they just plain wore me out.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Saw a post today on FB from Stowe about their purchase of 325 HKD snowguns and the output they got yesterday. Stowe gets more snow on average every year already. Now they have 325 of these super efficient guns. It seems the gap in snowmaking prowess is growing between Sugarbush and Stowe. Killington seems to have awoken from their slumber with new management. Jay/Burke is becoming a monster. The SB long range plan does not exist in a vacuum. Other mountains do things that warrant a response. Demand for RiceBrook is a decision by someone to commit to the MRV or commit to Stowe or Jay/Burke or K. Snowmaking is part of that decision if they plan on spending time at their vacation home for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Maybe we can't get more water up the hill right now but perhaps these guns can make more snow with a given amount of water or make more snow than the existing guns at a given wet bulb temp? I'm by no means an expert in snow tech but from PA, it seems that others are pulling away in terms of ability to lay down the white. I don't know how many HKD's SB has or where they are permanently mounted but maybe it's time to outfit the slopes that are priority for early season with these babies.

You guys up there on site can sift through the marketing hype better than I from 6 hours away. With no snowmaking this week, maybe somebody up there could ski SB and Stowe and report in on a comparison of the snow.

What do you guys think?