Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Stan,
    We are hoping so! It looks like the cold is returning late on Saturday. The temps may still keep us up high initially. Our guy is calling it to be in the teens up there. We can use some more on Downspout as it is getting skied hard. but when we see the bottom temps we will be moving over to Gathouse so we can get some beginner and intermediate terrain open as soon as possible. Moving snowmlogics from ME to LP will help as will the fan guns. The snow quality this morning was really nice as I did a couple of runs at 9am.

Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    Stan,
    We are hoping so! It looks like the cold is returning late on Saturday. The temps may still keep us up high initially. Our guy is calling it to be in the teens up there. We can use some more on Downspout as it is getting skied hard. but when we see the bottom temps we will be moving over to Gathouse so we can get some beginner and intermediate terrain open as soon as possible. Moving snowmlogics from ME to LP will help as will the fan guns. The snow quality this morning was really nice as I did a couple of runs at 9am.
    Thx for the update. With the early start to the season, you are well on your way to that century mark!
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

After doing some product-testing the past couple of days, I have to say that its pretty awesome out there. And as a side-note...looking back at the stats from last year, we did not have top-to-bottom until December 12.

It was great to see Shadyjay enjoying his work this morning!

What we have is hollding up really well. We just haven't been able to expand, but that will be changing late Friday into Saturday. Some really good snowmaking temps will be arriving and we might get a little natural as well.

Sometime around 2am Saturday morning we should be back into snowmaking and will be touching up the existing trails first. We are planning to winch Organgrinder, so that is where to be early tomorrow. If the temps come in as projected we will be running the towers there as well as on parts of Jester and Downspout. The week looks good for snowmaking, so you should see the guns running over on the Gatehouse side as well this week. We might also see some Lake effect especially later in the week when temps are projected to come down further.

OG was definitely groomed last night/this morning. We lit it up with guns sometime around 5am, and Jester got going a few hours prior. Early evening funk turned over to snow but not much accumulated. Downspout will get some TLC today or tonight.... it needs it. Be careful out there espec with holiday crowds. Hopefully cold temps are here to stay!

Should have some good cold temps so will be lit up on Organgrinder all night and spotting places on Jester and Downspout where resurfacing is needed. Will also turn on 30 snowlogics on the lower mountain when temps come down tonight. We will groom very later so there should be some nice skiing and riding tomorrow. OG was nice today and I enjoyed several runs. It should be even better tomorrow. The week looks good for snowmaking and hopefully we will get some clippers out of the west. As the week goes on it gets colder into next weekend and that might bring in some lake effect. We are also making snow over at ME to get ready for opening there in a month. GMVS is ding their race training on Inverness.

What should we expect by next weekend.

FWIW - yesterday the guns were on Riemergasse aka the terrain park at Mt Ellen as well as the base area and it looked like Inverness was close to ready to go top to bottom. GMVS was on the lower part of Inverness this weekend.

Guns going over on the Gate House side, including the base area there, plus Easy Rider and First Time. Over on Bravo side, Lower OG and (I'm assuming) Middle Jester are lit. No word on Pushover yet, but I'm guessing that'll be next. Also guessing that upper mtn such as Ripcord will be saved for when temps are marginal down low. Probably why Riemergasse is getting the treatment ahead of upper mtn Ellen runs.

Just got back from making some turns and can confirm that Lower OG, Domino Chute, and Middle Jester were definitely going today, along with Gondolier.

While I have no idea when actual new terrain will open, I will say that Domino Chute and the beginning of Middle Jester had a lot of snow on them, and the switchbacks from Bravo looked like they were filling in nicely. All I know is that the web site snow report says that we are looking to open more terrain soon, possibly even the Village Double.

And yes, while we were making snow again on Upper Jester, OG, and Downspout a few days ago... there was a reason for that: last week's warm spell, followed by rain.

If the trails we are making snow on that are not open yet are open by the weekend, it'll add 4 trails to the count, 5 if you count the rest of Lower Jester. It'll help considerably, giving an alternate route from Bravo down to the base, plus the critical beginner terrain. Granted, a big 2'+ dump would do wonders to get the mountain in great shape. I remember such a storm a few years ago, when we went from downloading one day, to having everything off Bravo/Heaven's Gate/VH open, granted a lot of it was au' natural. It can all change at the drop of a hat (or a ski pole off the lift).

for the record, would anyone like to compare where SB is at now versus kton, stowe and other comparable mtns. I just looked at kton's trail map and while they definitely have more terrain open, its not that great a difference.

What???? LOLOLOLOL Howie that is one big coolaid drinking delusion. LOLOLOL I have skied Kton - SR and the bush in the last 3 weeks. It's not even close.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Wait was that just a Troll????? If it was you got me.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!