Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    We still have to get down Downspout to Heaven's Gate... nothing more than a few inches on there right now - all natural. Everything is set up and ready to go down Downspout to the base so its just a matter of waiting on temps. The colder it is... the less air is used and thus more guns can be fired up. I believe the low was 18 up top last night / this morning and we were making some good snow. But there's still more work to do, even up on Jester - as far as repositioning guns.

As for prognosis... that's anyone's guess. We're at the mercy of mother nature and we all know how fickle she can be.

Hope it is soon Shady. K today and Sunday River just posted on facebook they are opening tomorrow. I am going somewhere this weekend. That is for sure.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay View Post
    We still have to get down Downspout to Heaven's Gate... nothing more than a few inches on there right now - all natural. Everything is set up and ready to go down Downspout to the base so its just a matter of waiting on temps. The colder it is... the less air is used and thus more guns can be fired up. I believe the low was 18 up top last night / this morning and we were making some good snow. But there's still more work to do, even up on Jester - as far as repositioning guns.

As for prognosis... that's anyone's guess. We're at the mercy of mother nature and we all know how fickle she can be.
    Jay, some pictures would be more than welcomed!
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Just got one shot, taken at about 5am looking out from Allyn's Lodge, up towards Allyn's Traverse.

There's also some pics up on Sugarbush's web site under photo gallery.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay View Post
    Just got one shot, taken at about 5am looking out from Allyn's Lodge, up towards Allyn's Traverse.

There's also some pics up on Sugarbush's web site under photo gallery.
    Jay, thx for the pic. Soon.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Shady, what's the prognosis for this week and maybe opening this weekend? What are they telling you at work? Saw you headed home Saturday morning with a big smile on your face.

r u serious? i think they are shooting for the 17th.

temperatures do not look cooperative from saturday through next week.

Well Howie......they have those supa-dupa high tech fangled wicked awsome new guns that blow snow in all kinds of temps. That coupled with the new snow we got this week and more on the way for tomorrow. I thought Geeze maybe they would open. I mean Sunday River and Killington are open and will be top to bottom by tomorrow is seems. Others are preparing to open. So yes serious as hell.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Just checked webcam and they are blasting the guns at the base of Bravo lift!!! That is a good sign!! of some type of commitment to get down to the base for sure. Unless there is a rail jam planned!!!!

Jester

Jester
    Attached Images Attached Images

Webcam request: Please move that thing around a bit this year. Today for example. What we all want to see if those 4 SnoLogic guns firing at the base. USE THE ZOOM

can we have updates on snow making is going on.

Driving back from town yesterday, the guns were lit up all the way to the bottom of Heaven's Gate.... not sure about in between there and Coffee Run. Guess I'll find out Friday.

I count min 7 guns blasting away at base btwn Valley dbl abd Bravo, plus others further up the mtn. Stoked.
    No mountain too steep
    No powder too deep

(well, not exactly)

Quote Originally Posted by boze View Post
    I count min 7 guns blasting away at base btwn Valley dbl abd Bravo, plus others further up the mtn. Stoked.
    I saw snowmaking at Mt. Ellen this morning on my ride down Bragg Hill.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Nice report! Keep it up!