Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Best To Our NY/NJ & all shore dwellers

Here is hoping that all of our NY/NJ/CT/RI/MA friends and all shore dwellers remain safe if you are in the path of Sandy. It is looking like we here west of Boston are going to miss the brunt of this storm. And, Vermont is looking good as well. Of course, Mother Nature can change at a moments notice, so we should all keep alert.
    Last edited by gostan; 10-29-2012 at 10:36 AM.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    Here is hoping that all of our NY/NJ/CT/RI/MA friends and all shore dwellers remain safe if you are in the path of Sandy. It is looking like we here west of Boston are going to miss the brunt of this storm. And, Vermont is looking good as well. Of course, Mother Nature can change at a moments notice, so we should all keep alert.
    All good here. Im about a mile east of the hudson, 30 miles north of manhattan and at 250' asf, dont have much to worry about except the inconvenience of losing power. But its really frustrating waiting for a storm with no snow. Hate r%%^**n.

Wow. I was up in vt for Irene and that was incredible, but the scale of what's happening in NYC is stunning. I'm not anywhere near any of the areas that got destroyed, but I don't think anything is getting done, other than recovery till Monday. You simply can't conduct business. Everyone is home, around, without power. I git con ed guys guarding downed transformers at my intersection. With downed trees, huge ones all over the roadways. I don't expect power before Monday. Secondary roads are still impassible in many places. offices that can open, can't get workers. Courts opened today but no one could get there. Tomorrow should be a little better Schools sre closed till next week and untill they get the subways and electricity back up, we r stewing. Luckily I got the wood burning stove cranking, so I'm toasty in the dark.

HowieT2, so sorry to hear about you and all the others down there in my old neighborhoods. Watching TV the past few days, I can't beleive the devastation. Hope things get back together as fast as possible. After last year with Irene we were really worried and prepared as best as we could, but we dodged a real bullet this time. All the best!

Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    HowieT2, so sorry to hear about you and all the others down there in my old neighborhoods. Watching TV the past few days, I can't beleive the devastation. Hope things get back together as fast as possible. After last year with Irene we were really worried and prepared as best as we could, but we dodged a real bullet this time. All the best!
    Thanks. No worries here personally. Looking like i can get back into my office tomorrow with full staff. The wife and kids went to my inlaws in the berkshires. So im alone to get dinner and watch the football game in a bar. The gas situation in and around the city is critical but seems ok up by me.
    Its interesting that alot of people here were downplaying the storm because irene was not that impactful in this area. I heard plenty of complaints about the hype up until monday night when the shit hit the fan. So endeth the lesson.