Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Its gonna be an epic snow year! The bands on the wooly mammoth caterpillars are broad and dark! Big snows to follow! Theres gonna be soooooo much snow that my goal is to groom FIS, Exterminator, and lower fis at least once this year. Theres gonna be that much snow! Oh yeah, and frequent trips through slide brook to keep the evac roads clear!

Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    OK, Howie, ski at least 100 days!

Oh to be you.

The reality is that none of us lowlanders are going to come close to 100 days. Only an upland full time Valley resident can possible meet that goal.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

We should all remember that infamous Warren Miller quote because this is a goals thread....."Remember, if you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do."
    Stan

Not entirely true Stan. I have a frined at SR that has done this. Of course they have a much longer season that SB. He achieved this by using all his vacation time, sick time and only working 4 day weeks.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Not entirely true Stan. I have a frined at SR that has done this. Of course they have a much longer season that SB. He achieved this by using all his vacation time, sick time and only working 4 day weeks.
    Your friend must be single and who knows what else! I believe that Tree has only hit 80 days max ever (although I could be incorrect on that number). Heck, if SB opened on November 17th and stayed opened until First weekend in May and I took 3 day weekends for each of those 25 weekends and took two full 5 days in addition, that would only be 85 days total. I will stick with going for quality over quantity.
    Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    he'd have to ski 20 days a month for 5 months. that's virtually impossible if you're employed.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    he'd have to ski 20 days a month for 5 months. that's virtually impossible if you're employed.
    Howie, that is exactly what I figured. A few years ago, I skied at Alta with two retired Air Force fellows who annually rented am extended stay unit at the base of Little Cottonwood Canyon Road and skied Alta/Snowbird for the month. Now, to me, that is much more appealing and doable than taking a bunch of vacation and sick time to roll up a huge total of mediocre days (along with athe powder days) here in NE. That is what I intend to do in the next couple of years. Oh, and by the way, the two 70 year old retired AF skiers kicked my ass!
    Stan

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    Howie, that is exactly what I figured. A few years ago, I skied at Alta with two retired Air Force fellows who annually rented am extended stay unit at the base of Little Cottonwood Canyon Road and skied Alta/Snowbird for the month. Now, to me, that is much more appealing and doable than taking a bunch of vacation and sick time to roll up a huge total of mediocre days (along with athe powder days) here in NE. That is what I intend to do in the next couple of years. Oh, and by the way, the two 70 year old retired AF skiers kicked my ass!
    I'll take my days however I can get them, but 100 in a season is logistically impossible if you're employed and/or not living at a ski area.

OK Howie, keep in mind that particular year, SR opened in OCT and stay open until almost June. So 3 days a week for 28 weeks that year, two weeks of vacation and then all sick and personel time equals 102 days that year. I wouldn't have believed it my self but he was in my ski house and it was a big deal......to him.

You guys are so funny on this thread of goals for the season........................Do you really come into the ski season with goals? I seem to just go skiing, plan trips and go on them.........................No goals or thinkin' about it. Plans for this season........................

1. AIARE Instructor Training course for Level 1: Steven's Pass WA in Jan.............hit Baker before or after depending on when the snow hits.
    2. AIARE Level 3 course in Silverton, March 3 - 9, should be fun, away from the area and provide a good overview of the Red Mt Pass terrrain.
    3. Some late March turns in the Chocs when I see the storm cycle coming
    4. May San Juan's Ski Mountaineering trip

That should round out the season......................Have fun, be safe and don't log the "hundy" at the same hill

AHM

Hi Win

How about this "stretch" goal: Obtain favorable comments from uber-tough critics on skimrv message board for early season snow-making efforts?

Best,

Rope

1. Spend more time admiring my greatness.
    2. Continue to look down my nose and laugh in the face of people who actually set goals for their ski seasons. Imagine.
    3. Dispatch my minions to research the behavior of ski junkies because it’s clearly lost on me.
    4. Amass more world trips and designations to affirm my greatness, especially compared to most others.
    5. Dispatch same subordinants to go out and buy me a skiing soul because it’s become quite apparent that I don’t have one.

Quote Originally Posted by teletubby View Post
    1. Spend more time admiring my greatness.
    2. Continue to look down my nose and laugh in the face of people who actually set goals for their ski seasons. Imagine.
    3. Dispatch my minions to research the behavior of ski junkies because it’s clearly lost on me.
    4. Amass more world trips and designations to affirm my greatness, especially compared to most others.
    5. Dispatch same subordinants to go out and buy me a skiing soul because it’s become quite apparent that I don’t have one.
    Dude, you need help. come by Castlerock and I will buy you a switchback and we can talk about this.

Quote Originally Posted by RopeTow View Post
    Hi Win

How about this "stretch" goal: Obtain favorable comments from uber-tough critics on skimrv message board for early season snow-making efforts?

Best,

Rope
    Not a chance.