Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    I am sure that I have a few more rings on the bottoms of my feet than you do, and I am lucky enough to be able to ski where I choose, which is what it is really all about for most of us. But, at 63+, in this challenging economy, I am really not sure what tomorrow is going to bring biz and $$$ wise. I really do understand the business rationale for age discounts, and I am on the reduced senior side of the synagogue price structure and gave up the bar dues a decade ago, but I remain concerned that the discounted age for senior skiers keeps rising, and I am not sure that is really fair when one considers how much in totality we have already paid in. i just want to keep the age discount issue out there in front of Win and others for future consideration.

Talking about seasons passes, I am thinking about opting in on a Mountain Collective Pass which will get me 2 days at Aspen/Snowmass, Jackson Hole, Alta & Squaw/Alpine Meadows and 50% off on all other lift tix at those resorts. I may only hit two of these resorts, but it is still worth the price. And The pricing for this pass really shows the true advantages that the larger western resorts have over their eastern brethren.

Let it snow!
    I hear ya brother. I was not really sure I was going to be able to do the season thing this year myself and its definitely a stretch with one in private school and two in summer camp. I dont see it as a fairness issue though, but as a business strategy to maximize revenue while also encouraging the future pass holders to buy into the program.

Stan you have the money. Fork it over and go ski.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Stan you have the money. Fork it over and go ski.
    Hawk....as you know we all have already paid up. Just going though a bit of ski withdrawal with nothing else ski wise to complain or rave about while waiting for the lifts to start turning this year. I did receive an email from Copper that they were first in Colorado to turn on the snow guns. Of course, it is on the Rhapsody Trail @ 11,000 ft. Let's just hope that it is cold enough on November first to turn on the guns @ Lincoln Peak.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Ya I'm not counting on Sugarbush to run guns early and get going. I took my stuff home last week and will hit the first to open. Probably Sunday River. You should join Tree and come up. He is alway there with us.
    This whole pass thing and discounts comes up every year. I have no issues with the price I pay vs the amonut of fun I get.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Ya I'm not counting on Sugarbush to run guns early and get going. I took my stuff home last week and will hit the first to open. Probably Sunday River. You should join Tree and come up. He is alway there with us.
    This whole pass thing and discounts comes up every year. I have no issues with the price I pay vs the amonut of fun I get.
    I stop bitching about the price once I am able to ski. And, this might be the first year that I stop my bitching earlier by joining Tree for some early season skiing @ Killington & SR. Hope to see you in Maine (or VT) soon.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

That is why they chose the younger people only. The thought was that this would get younger people over to MRG which might grow their share holder base in the future and would do the same for season pass holder numbers and repeat customers at Sugarbush. .
    If they wanted more young people at MRG, they would allow boarders.